Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

Splurge

Reaction score
The Count said:
6 An old segment from Seasons 23-25 where these little pumper pods squeeze out the numbers till they reach the Number of the Day, 9.
Are you referring to those segments which a hand with a rubber stamp prints a picture, and then other stamp prints show up one by one? (One of them is a woman fishing and reeling in a number, right?) I like the music in those ones.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No Splurge, you're thinking of a different number sequence altogether. I'm talking about a sort of blank screen with two little pods at the bottom, they squeeze and we get a kid's voice announcing the numbers that appear, and there's a sort of carnival music in the background. These were the number series equivalents to the construction/drawing tools making different letters and the letters formed by the clouds of smoke left by airplanes.

BTW: Haven't posted my thoughts on 4068, and I'll probably have to watch it again to post thoughts then. Missed out on 40689 today, but will watch 4070 tomorrow. And I'm still looking for help with the current batch of characters over in the Season 35 Characters thread.

Erine81981

Reaction score
The Count said:
BTW: Haven't posted my thoughts on 4068, and I'll probably have to watch it again to post thoughts then. Missed out on 40689 today, but will watch 4070 tomorrow. And I'm still looking for help with the current batch of characters over in the Season 35 Characters thread.

Today's was ok my episode messed up but it was fine. Nothing bad to where I couldn't understand what happened but Just to tell u Snuffy gets a Magic Ukelele and makes himself go invisible. Him and Big Bird play tricks on people but then Snuffy breaks its. So Maria calls the the # on the broken Ukelele and the Person tells her she have it fixed tomorrow. So Tomorrow episode will have the contuine story. Just wanted to tell u. At the end it Trash Grodon was peacked by mad chickens until he plays a song the Funky Chicken. After Oscar reads and tells Slimey to wait tomorrow for more it goes to Big Bird and Snuffy in Nest. BB is in his nest and Snuffy (which u can't see is lying under a blanket. Good Speical Effects w/ the blanket. So there thats most of what u missed. Hope this helps and Good night.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Kyle. Will watch today for the second part of this continuiiiiiing story, of a Snuffleupagus who's gone to the invisible birds.

Splurge

Reaction score
The Count said:
No Splurge, you're thinking of a different number sequence altogether. I'm talking about a sort of blank screen with two little pods at the bottom, they squeeze and we get a kid's voice announcing the numbers that appear, and there's a sort of carnival music in the background. These were the number series equivalents to the construction/drawing tools making different letters and the letters formed by the clouds of smoke left by airplanes.
I see what you mean. I didn't know what you meant by the phrase "pumper pods". (That term is still new to me, but I think I get the idea.) The animation in question also involve two clowns, correct?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Today's was ok my episode messed up but it was fine. Nothing bad to where I couldn't understand what happened but Just to tell u Snuffy gets a Magic Ukelele and makes himself go invisible. Him and Big Bird play tricks on people but then Snuffy breaks its. So Maria calls the the # on the broken Ukelele and the Person tells her she have it fixed tomorrow. So Tomorrow episode will have the contuine story. Just wanted to tell u. At the end it Trash Grodon was peacked by mad chickens until he plays a song the Funky Chicken. After Oscar reads and tells Slimey to wait tomorrow for more it goes to Big Bird and Snuffy in Nest. BB is in his nest and Snuffy (which u can't see is lying under a blanket. Good Speical Effects w/ the blanket. So there thats most of what u missed. Hope this helps and Good night.
I mentioned this on another thread, but I wasn't sure whether or not anyone saw my post, so maybe I'll repeat it again here. I wonder if the 'invisible' Snuffy concept was a reference to the early days when Snuffy really was thought to be invisible.

Splurge

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I mentioned this on another thread, but I wasn't sure whether or not anyone saw my post, so maybe I'll repeat it again here. I wonder if the 'invisible' Snuffy concept was a reference to the early days when Snuffy really was thought to be invisible.
Could be, I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonia, Caroll and Marty made remarks about that between takes.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:

So that was u. I remember someone writing about there being an Magic Ukelele. I saw it just didn't know when it was airing it but thanks for telling me about it. Thanks.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A few things to consider...
1 Splurge, couldn't ell you if there were clowns or not in that number animation sequence due to my blind batty eyes.
2 To my knowledge, this is the first time that Snuffy has been fully invisible. During the earlier seasons until 1986/1987 Snuffy was thought to be imaginary and not invisible. He appeared in all his visible physique when playing with Big Bird, but cause of his initial shyness to anyone else he'd quickly depart before other people came. That's why everyone thought Snuffy to be imaginary.

My Thoughts on 4070.

Pros.
1 Story segment was OK. Notice how quickly they ditched Elmo from the beginning of the episode?
2 Did you catch the lyrics of the song between Big Bird and Snuffy? At one point BB mentions Snuffy's derriaire.
3 Song by Cookie Monster: "What Friend For?" Was this the original airing with a non-named purple boy monster alongside CM?
4 Letter of Day: O was new. Cookie keeps eating the letters thinking they're cookies.
4 Soul O song/cartoon.
5 Hip-Hop performance of an O song.
6 Bert and Ernie sketch with Frank's Bert voice, Ernie uses the fan to blow Bert's book about air out the window before they end up playing baseball.
7 Global Grover's second visit to Australia ends up with Grover the rescuer being rescued by the animals he wants to rescue.
8 Celebrity Moment: Finally know who Celia Cruz is and I remember two songs she did; one about the hummingbird or zum-zum, and another with AM's holding up poles with the numbers 1 to 10.
Though the celebrity misspoke, the Spanish word for a memory that you cherish or remember is "recuerdo"; "memoria" is the Spanish word for the retentive power of memory itself.

Cons.
Number 14 segment was reused.
2 Didn't particularly like the Erika Vadu song.

Also, Elmo's World was new and the jokes with Ernie and Officer Duckie were OK.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Count said:
What else did they use for the number 9 on Episode 4066? Just read my post on my thoughts for that episode above.
Hope for help with the characters from this week still.

Ahhh... Clown Honk number nine ( from reading the credits of Plaza Sesamo, I know it's the correct name). Really dislike that skit. It's overused on Plaza....

I saw Wed's episode... but for some stupid reason or another the new episode was replaced by a repeat of the very same one I just saw...

and count... do not worry... unless someone did it already, I can help you with one of the new characters....