Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

salemfan

Reaction score
The Count said:
My thoughts on Episode 4065.

Pros.
1 The street story segment was a good one this time. Especially seeing all the characters that were used, like Bob reading to Baby Natasha. And Cookie Monster taking a cookie-eating break.
2 Seeing the classic animated song, "It's Hip to be a Square".
3 Baby Natasha's talk show segment. Were the Muppets that formed her all-baby band the same ones as from Bobby Benson's Band?
4 An animated segment about the letter I... I: Instruments, was this a new version of the Typewriter Guy?
5 Seeing for the first time if I don't remember ever watching it before, the classic song "Ernie's Apple Tree" with Jim Henson voicing Ernie and Richard Hunt voicing Gladys the Cow.
The Trash Gordon segment at the end was good again, cause they completed the spoof by bringing his classic nemesis, Ding the Merciless as a spoof of the original character Ming the Merciless.
7 The spoof with Juliana Moore and the Count, Far from Seven. What was this a spoof of? What was the original movie about? Wait! Was this a spoof of the Tibetan movie staring Tom Cruise, Far from Heaven?
Well, hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.
A con of this episode was that the game show host in the street segment wasn't Guy Smiley.

salemfan

Reaction score
The Count said:
At the beginning, I was enthused by the appearance of Mr. Square and the game Sesame Street Squares. Why? Cause I thought it was going to lead to a spoof of Hollywood Squares, but with SS characters instead.
It was an OK storyline, and I did like it. Just saying what I thought when the episode began. And it was great seeing Cookie Monster and Grover in the plotline of the game itself.
The game show host should have been Guy Smiley.

salemfan

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I finally saw Wed's and Thursday's eps.

Wed: When I first read the synopsys of Curly bear not liking porridge, I was worried it would be just like the episode where Telly declaires he doesn't like it. But they really dressed it up with such a great bunch of gags. Papa Bear was too nervous to be on TV, and gave blank responses. The Fairy tale chorus chorus. Humphry's cameo as a news man. Plus I really liked the new letter and number segments. The JTE was a bit bland, but I did like the old 80's clip of them singing where vegitables come from. OPlus the Global Grover used footage of a clip for Pl.aza Sesamo where they make a puppet. I especially liked Grover's comment, "It must be fun to be a puppet" Very clever! Cookie Monster's song about hios first cookie was great, and the closing Trash Gordon, where he read from his own book to worms rounded it out nicely. Also liked the Monkey King skit.

Thurs: Not as good. I liked the street segment, especially the 3 men in a tub (Say, do they have a new puppeteer? the candlestick maker sounded different from any puppeteer's voice I've ever heard). And the Elephant trying to make an omlet he called "Rhapsody in Blue cheese" Very witty stuff. Disappointed to see they reused not only the letter and number of the day, but JTE and Grover as well. in fact, other than the dull hands counting to 17 and nonsequitor "D" skit about the wagon, there wasn't much new stuff. However, the old Hoots skit was great, and I'm glad to see it back. With his new footage on the DVD and this skit, I wonder if Kevin's gonna bring the character back. Trash Gordon once again does not dissappoint with the brilliant "Stinky Cheese Guys"
The news reporter for the street story of this episode should have been Kermit the Frog.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A pro I forgot about Episode 4066 was Global Grover: Poland.
He spotlighted two kids and their dad making scarecrows, and Grover made his own followed by a dramatic recreation. He got his lines confused and quoted the Raven, but I liked it. Too bad it wasn't a Muppet scarecrow character that came to life, but it was still good.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on Episode 4067.

Pros.
1 The story from the street was OK, once you got to the involvement of the Robinson family.
2 My mind's still reeling from the bizarre flashback where we have a younger version of Gordon, Bob, Luis, and probably Alan as a hippy heavy rock band.
3 It's obvious that this was made for this episode cause Luis spouts all the history of his character, but what's funny is Bob's line... "Hey, I just hope this chick María doesn't end up breaking the band."
Nicely subtle, a Yoko Ono joke/reference.
4 Letter of the Day: K was new. Prairie Dawn is involved in this one as well, so if you see her in the Letter of the Day segments, then you know it's going to be a new one except for the letter Q. That one could end up being a repeat, as well as the one with the letter P, we'll just have to wait and see.
Anyway, Cookie ends up eating the letter K after demonstrating the definition of the word "Kowabunga!".
5 Number of the Day: 4 was new. The Count counted up his bats four, including Sasha Bat and then says that counting bats will drive him batty.
6 Deaf Dance Jam live segment.
7 New Bert and Ernie sketch. This'll have a lot of you guys happy, it's a bit with the new Muppeteers, but in a classic nighttime scenario where Ernie keeps waking Bert up with his musical instruments.
8 Global Grover: Australia, liked this one of the under-down-under home.
9 Trash Gordon, was heartened to see that they haven't been completely exhausted. But the bit itself was more of a bland joke.

Cons.
1 Celebrity Moment: They have 34 seasons to go through, and someone picks that god-awful dance to be their favorite moment?
When shall we rid our world of this abomination plaguing the land?!?
2 The song the Cute & Fuzzy Four wanted to sing was called "Wubba Wubba Woo", but we know it's "Monster in the Mirror".
Trust Elmo to deface something else of SS.
3 JTE: The Classic Music Hall was repeated.
4 Elmo's World: Families was repeated, but at least we got to see Super Grover's Super Mommy.

Oh, I forgot, another pro is that we see Benny Rabbit brought back in Global Grover when Grover and Shiela are digging their own dugout.
Hope this helps and have a great day.

ssetta

Reaction score
Hey, I did notice that they brought Benny back, but I could not believe that he said, "We're doing the bunny hop!" I think this was the first time EVER that he DIDN'T say "That's benny!"

Dantecat

Reaction score
Before #4066 started(Goldilocks and The 4 Bears)Who had a favorite sesame street moment and what was it about?

ssetta

Reaction score
Believe it or not, her favorite moment was "The People In Your Neighborhood" song, and they showed a clip of the ORIGINAL version from Season 1!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay.,... I have a lot to cover being absent a few days...

Friday:
Pros: Loved the 4 bears and the return of Goldilocks. Plus the used Do de Rubber Duck, and that great Global Grover.

Cons: EVERYTHING else, besides the Spanish Word of the day, and Reuben Studdard was reused. they used that lame "J...J..Jumpin' J" song (animated by the lame dancing animals company) and even the Trash gordon was reused. Plus Reuben Studdard. Gleehhhh..

Monday: Pros: funny beginner, refferewnce to Charlie's Restaraunt, those groovey Flashbacks (including Luis's line "we'll open a fix it shop, and then maybe turn it into a mail it shop") The new Ernie and Bert segment was funny, though perhaps a bit long (I'd've cut it after he said "You didn't tell me to think about playing the Drums!") Trash Gordon

Cons: err.... can't really remember... they had new stuff, so there wasn't too much to complain about.

Tuesday: Pros:Funny beginner, a bit weird, though. Seeing the Humpty Dumpty puppet again not seen since the 80's. The Global grover was just great. I didn't catch the Trash Gordon, though.

Cons: Reused Number/Letter/JTE segments. really didn't like the Ernie and Bert skit... there wasn't a joke at all. They used the clay spaceshiops making letter L and that number 11 thing where the girl mistakes a 111 for 11 on her computer... blech...