1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Aug 14, 2006.

1. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Let's not worry about anyone dying till it happens.
  2. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I'm not sure, but I know that it was sort of grayish in Follow That Bird back in 1985.
  3. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

Saw try a new food day

I saw the try a new food ep yesterday, liked it. As you know my daughter Megan has been sick for 4 days now, and thus isn't eating much at all, so in her case it would be try a food day! I'll be watching for the next ep on Monday.

As for why I'm typing at his weird hour of the morning. Wife snoring like grizzly bear and complaining about chest pains due to lifting Johnathan too much. She can't take any medications on account of she's feeding him naturally. I also think her chest pains are due to the fact that Johnathan sucks like a vacuum cleaner. I've seen the way he gulps his bottle when Dana is out working. In short I can't sleep.
  4. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

Very late typo correction

made very late typo corrections. You do weird thingsat 5:21 A.M
  5. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Sorry, but this made me laugh so hard. It was the greatest story to start my day! I do hope your wife feels better though.:)
  6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I thought I remembered it being yellow in FTB, but it's been so long since I've seen that movie, I don't quite remember. I guess it was probably different colors over the years.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Anyone else love the Nasty Car Race episode? Classic Oscar and Grundgetta. I mean, who isn't thankful they brought her back? The only thing that Marred it for me was the almost contractual obligation appearance of Abby Caddaby. Mumford would have made it work.

Seeing Wanda the Word Fairy was great... and odd since they used the Dance yourself to sleep that had Andrea Martin dressed as a Fairy, of whom she played back in the 35th season.

Survivor, Musical CHairs? Let me be the first one to make the joke about them splitting the teams into different species: Monster tribe, Human tribe, animal tribe. Don't really feel like trying that one. It's too predictable, and if I didn't mention it, someone else would have.

But since we've now seen the entire season, I want to run down what I thought of it entirely:

All and all, a few memorable street segments. Some were pretty dull and went no where, but not to the extent of ELmo's Monster Parade. That seemed like they had to do it to fill out the season. Great to see more OScar moments this year.

There isn't anything I can say about Abby Cadabby that I haven't. Basically she's overhyped, worthless, and shades of Fleet Scribbler can't escape me.

Same thing for "time to play." As bad as JTE was, it hasn't been that mindnumbingly bad and repetitive and repetitive since the first time it was introduced. Will it take off next season? Will it be taken off next season? I don't freakin care.

Quite a few reused segments in the health section of the show. Some of it was pretty good, but... seriously... does anyone think Fruit dance/Veggie Dance look like it belongs on either Barney or some cheap crappy local SS ripoff?

Healthy Fairy Tale Moments and Dinner theater were great concepts, but they weren't explored past a few segments here and there.

On the plus side, we've seen 2 new classic Grover type segments in which Grover pesters Fat Blue. I epecially like how that Global Grover didn't need a film insert. I'd love to see them explore that concept as well.

So all and all, a pretty good season, some high moments, a bunch of low ones.
  8. What was today's episode? Was it a season 37 episode?
  9. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

It was the Nasty Car Races episode. By the way, I really enjoyed it. As some of you said, nice to see Grungetta again. Also, I particularly enjoyed Luis in this one. I thought he was awesome! Very funny and natural. I feel like Maria and Luis are getting back to the classic Sesame Street adult style and not overdoing it like they have been.
  10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

For me today's episode was "Three Bears in Outer Space" episode. Friday of last week was the "Nasty Car Races" for me. So I did get to see it and I loved it. I was thinking the same way as everyone else that Marco was going to get the Sloppy Jalopy to start then to lose the race but still win. What would you expect? It's a grouch race. LOL. Glad to see them and everything else on that episode. I hope to see this more on the next season. Can't wait! :grouchy:
  11. Thanks, BEAR and Erine81981. I think my station aired "Three Bears in Outer Space" today since it aired the "Nasty Car Races" episode on Friday. Thanks again. :)
  12. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

Nasty Car Races here in NYC

Oscar goes to the Nasty Car Races and Megan goes back to school. Everyone is back to their old routines in my house. I liked Oscar's Sloppy Jalopy. It was interesting seeing what was inside that engine. I see that the SS library has books on every subject imaginable. "How to Gunk Up A Sloppy Jalopy and Make It Run Again," now there's a book I'd like to read I wonder if it's actually available for buying. I loved the way Marco finally got the car running sort of. Oscar won the race because he came in last Only a Grouch would have that advantage. Alphabet town was interesting. I loved seeing all the celebrities tap-dancing. I grabbed Johnathan and made him try to dance too. Then Megan (who is still getting into the idea of no longer being the star of the show) said "When he older he tap-dance." In a way Megan is right, the kid can't even walk yet, but hey he was having fun and so was his daddy. :p
  13. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I really enjoy the relationship developing between Oscar and Marco. It's rather sweet (don't tell Oscar I said that. ;))
  14. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

What Relationship

FIRST I'M BEING ACCUSED OF HAVING A FRIENDSHIP WITH ELMO, NOW I'M ACCUSED OF HAVING A RELATIONSHIP WITH MARCO!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU I DON"T HAVE FRIENDS!!!:grouchy:
  15. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Then what about Grundgetta? And Irvine? And Slimey? And (especially) Maria? :D
  16. DTWolf

DTWolf Member

I wouldn't worry too much about the color of the Sloppy Jalopy . . . I'm sure it just takes on the color of whatever layer of muck and ooze has coated it most recently.
  17. Dil

Dil Guest

There was a lot posts in this thread after this:

And your posts had nothin' to do with that quote.
  18. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Well that quote had nothing to do with this thread, so I don't see why anyone should feel obligated to respond to it.
  19. Dil

Dil Guest

You know, it's just that there's gotta be a Since-1998 Sesame Street Episode that would air without an Elmo's World Sketch.
  20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

An episode since 1998 without an Elmo's World segment at the end? I find that to be highly unlikely, unless they drop the segment altogether, which they rully wouldn't even consider. So until they do that, I believe that all SS episodes will end with Elmo's World.
    Hope this helps settle the matter, have a good day.