Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I have an opinion that might not make me very popular, but here it is anyway. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, it could be a good thing to wrap up the show after Season 40.[/QUOTE]

May I ask what's your logic for thinking it should even go off the air?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
I have an opinion that might not make me very popular, but here it is anyway. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, it could be a good thing to wrap up the show after Season 40.
mikebennedict said:
May I ask what's your logic for thinking it should even go off the air?
Yeah, I'm not following the logic behind that either... I think as long as the Steet is doing it's job--educating and entertaining the youth of the world--it will always be around.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
As long as they get enough research for each season, things will go smoothly.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm not necessarily saying take Sesame Street off the air.
I was putting forth the suggestion that if there was a time to end, 40 would seem as good as any. If the folks at Sesame Workshop CAN keep the show going without sacrificng the quality the show has always been known for, more power to them.

I agree if Sesame went off the air, there doesn't seem to be anything decent around to replace it (although Between the Lions did quite a good job as a companion piece). I just think it would be a shame if the show ever got stagnant, which could happen to any show running as long as Sesame.

Maybe I'm just biased to the era I grew up in, the first ten years, when Henson, Raposo, Moss, and Stone were all at the height of their powers. Since all of them are long gone, it seems like a radically different show, yet I suppose it must change and adapt to survive.

If I ruffled any feathers with my opinions, my apologies. Call me old-fashioned (Old School more like it) when it comes to Sesame Street. But like the Ford Mustang, I still prefer the classic 1965 Pony car to this year's model.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just biased to the era I grew up in, the first ten years, when Henson, Raposo, Moss, and Stone were all at the height of their powers. Since all of them are long gone, it seems like a radically different show, yet I suppose it must change and adapt to survive.

If I ruffled any feathers with my opinions, my apologies. Call me old-fashioned (Old School more like it) when it comes to Sesame Street.
Don't worry, a lot of us can sympathize. We're often partial to the time periods in which we grew up (ex: this explains why I like Sally moreso than I do Amy for the American SatAM/Archie Sonic franchise).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, no new episodes all last week. Hopefully well get some more new ones nest week.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
If not, I'd think they feel there's enough past episodes to air for the year.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
According to what I read at 'Yahoo!' they are supposed to air 'Maria the Cowgirl' on Tuesday in the afternoon, at least for my local station. We'll have to wait and see if that's correct.