1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Aug 10, 2008.

1. mbmfrog Active Member

I must say the "Murray had a little Lamb" segment may be going a bit longer, but I can understand why to explain the types of schools that children can go to each day.

Also I loved the new :p & :( claymation today, it's a fun way to see the two of them as Pirates.

I also kind of like the diffent socks on today's show, but the conga line was a bit too much. I sort of liked first street story song about the Laundry mat. :)

Still it was an okay show for today, even though I caught most of it in the beginning.
  2. wwfpooh New Member

This season seems to be looking up for the Street, to be sure. Even with the introduction of a new flagship segment (Murray has a Little Lamb), all of the episode--old and new bits--meshed well together.
  3. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I agree, the segment woulde 2 or 3 minutes shorter without the quessing game. His lamb could just tell him the class in Spanish, he wonders what than means, and upon arrival of said class, he finds out what it means.
  4. The Count Moderator

Heh... Thanks Drtooth, but that's why it's listed as "Animation" instead of "Unknown Segment". Check back with you guys later.
  5. SSLFan Well-Known Member

Today's ep was good. We finally got to see Big Bird and Snuffy together again. It was odd that they didn't appear together last season, lol. Most of today's ep seemed to show more old footage. See the Signs never gets old to me, since I think Chris Brown is AWESOME!:D

And anyone notice that EVERY muppet has appeared for the season exept :insatiable:?

Strange isn't it? Well, I'm not complaining. I'm just happy enough to see BB again!:wisdom:

luv dat bird!
  6. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Prairie Dawn hasn't, though she'll be in tomorrow's. Zoe hasn't appeared in Muppet form yet.
  7. Barry Lee Active Member

I really like this season so far. I'm loving the clay animation Bert & Ernie. I'm loving the guests. I actually really like the fact of it being wide-screen, it makes the show look somewhat movie-esque.

And okay. Murray may be my new favorite Sesame muppet. I am very glad Joey has a supporting roll, instead of playing a plant, or monkey, or parent. Yes the segment of "Murray Had A Little Lamb" is a tad long, but its funny too me.

"What clue is there with insects? a frog? and a magnified glass? OH I KNOW ITS the Science & Nature Class at the American Museum of Natural History!"

That line hearing it today just made me crack up to peices. Sesame Workshop is doing a great job with blending. And not much Elmo, I mean I like Elmo but its nice to see Telly featured a lot so far! Abby is just cuter than ever.

Chris is also just the bomb dot com. Very great, natural character. Overall this season is looking great, and i'm loving it very very very much! :insatiable:
  8. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I agree. Interaction between BB and Snuffy was something that was absent last season (unless you count the scene with them in Elmo's Christmas Countdown). Anyway, I only saw the street scene of today's ep so there was a lot I missed. Hopefully, my local station will replay it soon.
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, Zoe was in the Feist number, but it was a silent role.
  10. fleecenotfelt Member

things i particularly liked:

* golden triangle of destiny! HAHAHA. i love telly, murray, and virginia virginia. that was hi-larious. i definitely think there's not enough love for telly. that char is so funny and neurotic! i felt bad for chris when telly pretty much manhandled him! HAHAH!

* NPH as the shoe fairy. NPH is uber hot and talented and FUNNY! i hope they make a dr. horrible spoof and get him to come back on the show. maybe it can be a celebrity bit about emotions!

*feist. yeah not a big fan of feist, but i LOVED the spoof. smart idea, i say.

* leela and chris rock. the end.

a little sad about the lack of classic inserts and stuff, but i get it. 1. w/ HD it would look really weird to have 16:9 street stories and then get a whole bunch postage stamped 4:3 inserts in between.
    2. ALSO, considering that the show get so much flak from parents nowadays for too much recycling of classic stuff and looking too old-fashioned (did you know that a lot of people don't know that sesame street still makes new episodes?)... i can tell that sesame street is trying to update its image. sucks for us that like the classic stuff, but considering that the main audience are the new parents, i guess it's understandable.
  11. FatBlueMuppet New Member

I know exactly what your'e saying! I too am very upset that theyr'e not using many classic clips at all anymore. For years they would always put a fair share of both new and old clips in every episode, and I always liked it that way. But now their main focus is the new material. And the older stuff they do show isn't anything i'd consider "classic" just an animation or film here and there from 15 years ago or less. Today's episode wasn't very good at all. The entire plot took place in that new Laundromat. And the only charachters we got where Abby, Chris and Elmo. Why not have Grover, or Bert or someone pop up to help Chris look for his sock? Why does it always have to be the overused charachters? I really loved the first 24 years of Sesame Street the best, and am not happy at all with the direction the show is going in. Last Season they started to revert back to their old ways again, but I guess the episodes didn't test out well with the kids of today. Which is why they're doing Season 39 the way they are. Who knows tho, mabye we'll get a few surprizes this year.
  12. Redsonga Active Member

My first reaction was "Yay the Laundromat, everyone will be at the Laundromat!"
    ..and everyone wasn't at the Laundromat :p. They could have even have Bert playing the "what's with all the singing?" character, or had Harry monster or Cookie in the background eating soap and then hiccuping bubbles but no..*sigh* :(
    But I liked Murray :D!
    Not all the parents agree that the newer format is better, I know quite a few that don't think so..it's just the ones that they screened, but there is a history of thinking a small group counts for everyone with SS :p.

In the same way SS should not be blamed for some people not caring enough to check up on what is doing more, a lot of those people don't have kids (of their own or ones they look after) or very active inner childs (which is very sad IMHO, but not SSs fault :()
  13. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I thought those two segments were alternating. But then again. I didn't see the inserts on today's ep or Monday's so I'm a little behind. Still, I think it would be a good idea. It worked a few years ago when they alternated "Hero Guy" and "Global Grover."

Yeah. Heck, I haven't even seen Leela yet. You'd think she'd appear in an ep focused on the laundromat where she works.
  14. ISNorden Active Member

She barely got three or four lines when she appeared in the premiere; you'd think a new human character deserved a better introduction.
  15. InvaderZim Member

Interesting to see varied letter of the day/number of the day segments instead of the season 33-36 Cookie/Prairie Dawn segments.
  16. The Count Moderator

Heh... Patience young seedlings... Leela will have tomorrow's episode all to herself.
  17. BeckyDR Member

jajaja exactamente ;)
  18. Erine81981 Active Member

Episode: 4163 Sock Chaos at the Laundromat

This street scene was really great today. I really enjoyed having more of Chris and Abby and those socks were funny. It's was neat to see Elmo actually come in and say "Abby you were to meet me at the park?" Cool to only see Elmo just a few minutes.

Cool Bert and Ernie's Great Adventure. I thought i was going to see another one from the "Count the Sports" DVD But it was one that isn't on this episode.

Pretty much everything else was alright. Wait till tomorrow to see the newest one.
  19. mbmfrog Active Member

I didn't notice that, but I think I can understand. Still it would be nice to see a mixture of old and new to statisfy all fans of the show. :(
  20. InvaderZim Member

Seymour the snake-is from episode 3846.