Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also forgot to say that I LOVE the retro animation style for the cartoons Elmo watches in "Elmo's World." Reminds me of UPA or Hanna-Barbera.
Ah the "fill in the Blank" channel... I think that is the best part of EW, myself. Not just the animation, but Andrea Martin's hillarious voice over work.

It seemed outside of "Elmo's World," Elmo wasn't featured anywhere else in this episode! That is how I llike to see it.
So, no new Elmo Material today... I almost find it odd. Yesterday, we had a new EW, and Elmo was with Jack Black. I wanna say he was in the Feist number, albiet silently, but to tell the truth, I wasn't paying much attention to that skit. I'm sure he'll get a few street segments this year (someone posted a list of all the episodes). I'm glad that he's been toned down considerably.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Alright, I just finished watching today's new episode on DVR, so here are my thoughts, since I can't do my reviews anymore since everyone else beats me to them now, and more reviews would be simply white noise.

First and foremost, I SWEAR, I will NOT complain about how distracting those froggin' black bars are! Crap I just did. Well... I hate to admit this, but I actually can't tell a difference in the new HD film format and the old video tape quality... it still looks the same to me, just 25% of the picture missing now.

Well, anyshoe... ha! Chris is so cool! I liked how Abby was so fascinated by shoes; I guess when you're not human, things we take for granted intrigue those who are otherworldly. Neil Patrick was great as the Shoe Fairy, loved his little rant about the Tooth Fairy ("What's so special about that guy? He just comes in and takes kids' teeth! In the MIDDLE of the NIGHT! That's just WEIRD!") Awkward seeing 123 now having a back door... now THAT'S just weird! But I must admit, the shoe-stopping number (ahaha, get it?) was really toe-tapping; I also loved how he kept losing it like a prima-donna whenever Telly wasn't completely satisfied with his new shoes (or when Chris was too late with giving him his props, lol).

Next of all... am I imagining things, or did they built yet another new Grover puppet? His skull looked a little too small compared to his jaw today... or maybe I was just imagining things, I don't know.

Next, "Murray Had a Little Lamb"... you know what? I hate to admit it, but I quickly lost interest in this segment, I really did. I mean, sure, it had the "eye candy" appeal to it, but other than that, it just didn't do nothing for me. Oh, and not to be a nitpicker, but I was always taught that chicken in Spanish was "Pollo"... when did THAT change?

Well, that's all I really have to say really. Loved the street scene today, it kind of reminded me of when Richard Kind was Snuffy's Fairy Balloon Person several years ago!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Oh, and not to be a nitpicker, but I was always taught that chicken in Spanish was "Pollo"... when did THAT change?
Ah, allow me to explain! "Pollo" in Spanish, refers to chicken that has been cooked and ready to be devoured. "Gallina" refers to a still-live chicken.

I think. :stick_out_tongue:

But I enjoyed today's episode! Telly is just wonderful, Chris is super cool, and Abby really made me smile. Good to see Maria and Luis, and Grover's Word of the Day segment was awesome!

Neil Patrick Harris really stole the show for me, though. He was just great!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, allow me to explain! "Pollo" in Spanish, refers to chicken that has been cooked and ready to be devoured. "Gallina" refers to a still-live chicken.

I think. :stick_out_tongue:
Then, wouldn't the Spanish dubbed version of Cow and Chicken be "La Vaca y La Gallina", and not La Vaca y El Pollo?

Not to mention the chicks episode of I Love Lucy, where the baby chicks end up loose in the house, and when everyone's trying to round them up, Desi starts calling out "POLLOS! POLLOS! POLLOS!"

Where's Count when you need him?

SSLFan

Reaction score
Alright, I just finished watching today's new episode on DVR, so here are my thoughts, since I can't do my reviews anymore since everyone else beats me to them now, and more reviews would be simply white noise.

First and foremost, I SWEAR, I will NOT complain about how distracting those froggin' black bars are! Crap I just did. Well... I hate to admit this, but I actually can't tell a difference in the new HD film format and the old video tape quality... it still looks the same to me, just 25% of the picture missing now.

Well, anyshoe... ha! Chris is so cool! I liked how Abby was so fascinated by shoes; I guess when you're not human, things we take for granted intrigue those who are otherworldly. Neil Patrick was great as the Shoe Fairy, loved his little rant about the Tooth Fairy ("What's so special about that guy? He just comes in and takes kids' teeth! In the MIDDLE of the NIGHT! That's just WEIRD!") Awkward seeing 123 now having a back door... now THAT'S just weird! But I must admit, the shoe-stopping number (ahaha, get it?) was really toe-tapping; I also loved how he kept losing it like a prima-donna whenever Telly wasn't completely satisfied with his new shoes (or when Chris was too late with giving him his props, lol).

Next of all... am I imagining things, or did they built yet another new Grover puppet? His skull looked a little too small compared to his jaw today... or maybe I was just imagining things, I don't know.

Next, "Murray Had a Little Lamb"... you know what? I hate to admit it, but I quickly lost interest in this segment, I really did. I mean, sure, it had the "eye candy" appeal to it, but other than that, it just didn't do nothing for me. Oh, and not to be a nitpicker, but I was always taught that chicken in Spanish was "Pollo"... when did THAT change?

Well, that's all I really have to say really. Loved the street scene today, it kind of reminded me of when Richard Kind was Snuffy's Fairy Balloon Person several years ago!
lol. Abby sounded sooo cute when she was talking about her new shoes.

"Look Telly, shoooes.":big_grin:

And as for:super:, he does look new. It sort of reminds me of the old Grover puppet. The shaggy fur and all. I kinda perfer the newer one though. Ya know...the one everyone says looks like a doll?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Ahem. First of all, let's leave this dirty talk of feet, it's not for MC and I don't want to have to go back and mess with more posts than I have to.

Posted by S*N*O*W*T*H: Where's Count when you need him?
*Apparates. Sorry, Been pursuing one of the points on my self-agenda, rereading the Potter franchise.
Now then...

1 To be correct, "gallina" rully means hen, a female chicken.
2 Prawny's explanation is correct.
3 However, to expand on that a little...
a. "Pollo" is applied to chicken in general usage.
b. "Pollo" is also the term used when translating "chicken", when by "chicken" or "chick" you refer to a baby chicken, regardless of whether it is a male or female chick.
4 So Cow and Chicken would correctly translate into "La Vaca y El Pollo". After all, Chicken in that series was a male chick right? And in the I Love Lucy example, the same concept applies, except that it's been pluralized because there it was refering to a multiplicity of baby chicks as I understand from Snowth's questions.

Hope this helps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A foot fetishist eh?
Ever seen his "Sometimes You Find the Darndest Things on YouTube" thread? Practically every other video is some girl tied up while some guy tickles her feet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
1 To be correct, "gallina" rully means hen, a female chicken.
2 Prawny's explanation is correct.
3 However, to expand on that a little...
a. "Pollo" is applied to chicken in general usage.
b. "Pollo" is also the term used when translating "chicken", when by "chicken" or "chick" you refer to a baby chicken, regardless of whether it is a male or female chick.
4 So Cow and Chicken would correctly translate into "La Vaca y El Pollo". After all, Chicken in that series was a male chick right? And in the I Love Lucy example, the same concept applies, except that it's been pluralized because there it was refering to a multiplicity of baby chicks as I understand from Snowth's questions.

Hope this helps.
That confused me too. I had a feeling that Pollo meant just the meat of the chicken as well. As in Arroz con Pollo... and then I figured it was a dialect thing, as many different Spanish dialects have different words the others don't use. Another thing that confused me was the word for pig. SOmehow, I thought it was "puerko" or something to that extent. But then again, I used to know spanish before my brain oozed out of my head

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah Count, thanks for clearing things up fer me!