1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Aug 10, 2008.

1. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Even though the little Spanish I know is limited to the words I picked up from Sesame Street, I too spotted that "frog" mistake...because I'd heard Kermit called "Rene Rana" on Plaza Sésamo, and knew that the Brazilian version changed Kermit to a toad because of grammar problems. (In Portuguese, apparently, the word for "frog" is feminine--which the producers saw as clashing with Kermit's maleness. Since Portuguese and Spanish are closely related, I assumed that sapo meant "toad" in both languages.)
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I'm just quoting when the workshop said. That is a new show every three years or so because it's a totally new audience.
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Anyway. I loved yesterdays episode. It was better then the day before but not was good as the first one over all to me. Love How the Lady doing her Laundry was freaked out By Chris's song and Abby magic and the singing socks! Love Cris in this episode again as he always awesome! Loved how all the socks were chasing chis home in the end! Really Loved Murray today as he is always great! Loved seeing Big Bird, Sunffy and Rosita announcing the letter and number of the day! Liked how Elmo's world corresponded with the Action elephant skit. Love the ending how Big Bird and Snuffy made enough bird seed to get birdseed milkshakes in the end. Loved Elmo's cameo in the main story! Over all another great episode!
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I loved yesterday's episode too! The ending reminded me of older SS episodes, where the human cast member would be stuck with whatever problem the Muppet gave them.
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! I miss those days too, hehe!:D
  6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi... Today's review.

Episode 4164: Leela's Sesame Street Video.
    Air Date: August 14 2008.
    Season: Season 39.
    Sponsors: O, 8.
    Word on the Street: Compliment.
    Street Story.
    Letter of the Day presentation with Cookie Monster and Prairie Dawn embedded into the street story, nice.
    Cookie Monster sounded like when he showed up on the Colbert Report.
    Song: Say Cheese.
    Celebrity Word Explanation: Heidi Klum and Elmo talk about "compliment".
    Song: All Dressed Up.
    Letter of the Day: Big Bird gets a letter in the mail, the letter O.
    Unknown: O Chanting.
    Song: Somebody Say 'O'!
    Murray Has a Little Lamb: Going to Music School.
    Mmm, soft pretzel with spicy mustard.
    Instrumental Film: Brother John.
    Muppets: "Friends", sung by Abby, Rosita and Zoe.
    Film: Training Dolphins.
    Number of the Day: The Count presents today's lottery drawing, the winning number is... 8.
    Must be the Transylvanian State Lottery.
    Animation/Song: It's the Number 8.
    Film: Kids counting 8 apples.
    Global Grover: Indian-American Family, Playing Carum (SP?).
    Song: Count Me In.
    Muppets: The Twiddlebugs take their family picture.
    Elmo's World: Cameras.
    Leela presents Muppet letter and number sponsors, with a sort of apology from Cookie Monster.
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

My thoughts on the new episode:

The Goods
    -The was a good street scene. Nice to Prairie on the street; I hope we'll see more of her this season. Oscar's "helping" was classic! Cookie was also funny
    -Thought it was a repeat from last season, the "Friends" song was cute.
    -The Count's lottery was a nice spin (pun intended) on the standard Count Number of the Day
    -Nice to see that Global Grover bit, since it only aired once before
    -Nice to see the Twidelbug camera skit complete witht eh Ernie ending, which was cut out last year
    -Did anyone else notice that they've started using more scene transitions, like the street scene shank inward on the next segment, and that segment sort of swung off to the side for the Hidi Klum and Elmo segment.
    -Also, did anyone else notice that the laundromat looks small from the outside, but it's largeon the inside?

The Bads:
    -Some skits I'm tired of seeing every season: "Count Me In" and the Colorful birds (I like the animation though)
  8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

"Nothing says 'Sesame Street' like an eight-foot bird singing the alphabet."

Gee, ain't that the truth! I'm really enjoying this episode! *goes back to watching it*
  9. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Well, not everyone goes away from SS after three years you know so it really isn't :sympathy:
  10. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I must say Leela's opening show was just classic SS at work, I mean even :grouchy:moment was funny and predictable.

Just Classic SS, although :insatiable: coming in was kind of expected, but it was also great to see him again.

Although is it just me or did Cookie's voice sounded a little different than usual on today's show ?
  11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. That was interesting. Sort of like they used the classic Cookie & Prarie bit and incorporated it in a street story.

Yeah. This was the first I saw of Leela. She seems like a nice addition to the show.

Hmmmm. Since you mentioned it, it did seem to sound more like Frank Oz's voice. Maybe David is getting better at the role.

Here's something that hasn't been mentioned: How about Zoe, Rosita & Abby's friendship song. That part was alright, but it would have been better if they had kept continuity. They should have had her do it with Big Bird and Snuffy, since those were the first characters she met on the street. Well, actually she met Oscar first, but we won't get into that. For a second there, I was hoping they'd flashback to Abby's first episode. Oh, well. I guess the writers thought it would work better if it were three females singing the song. By the way, is it just my imagination or was Big Bird's pic of Mr. Hooper removed from his nest area? I didn't see it where it usually was, but maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough.

Yeah. I get the Pennsylvania Lottery where I live. It would have been neat if the same ladies who sang that theme would have sang 'The Transylvania Lottery,' but I guess people who don't live in PA wouldn't get that.

Oh, crap. I missed that part. It would have been nice for once to see CM apologize for his gluttonous habits. Lol. Then again, he just wouldn't be Cookie Monster if he weren't like that. :insatiable:
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have to say, Leela is pretty cute. I like how she has that slight accent when she talks. She really was great in today's episode. We really got to see her shine today.

I guess they didn't want to make her premire episode the first episode of the season, similar to how you can't make the pilot episode of a TV show an origin story. And I gotta say it worked better that it was the fourth episode.

Anyway, It's great that Cookie, Prarie, Oscar, and Bird finally get a street story this season. And I like how they worked the letter of the day segment into the opening, though they had a sepperate one with Big Bird afterward.

And I like the idea of the Count introducing the winning lottery number. though, it would have been much cooler had it been on some sort of Game show type backdrop.

And, dispite being an older one, we get Global Grover again.
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

This season looks spectacular, as it incorporates things old school fans enjoy & things new audiences like as well. ^_^ If only they would've included the King of Eight segment for the Number of the Day...But oh well, you can't have everything. XD
  14. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

So far, I have enjoyed the Murray Has a Little Lamb segments. I think it's funny when Ovejita jumps on Murray. Lamb tackles are just funny. Sort of in the same way throwing Muppet chickens is always hilarious.

I thought it was nice having the letter of the day in the opening street scene. But having cookie monster going after an animate, living O was somewhat disturbing... and funny.

It was great to see Leela get an episode to have an introduction and interact with a variety of characters on the street. And I loved Oscar offering to help, only not to come out.
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

He's went after people--and his fellow Muppets--from time to time. Why, I recall some time ago when he went after Guy Smiley!
  16. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

True, but after seeing him eat those letters in past years, I couldn't help but to get visual images of him biting that O to pieces. Poor O.
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Point taken.
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

What I mean is they change the format every three years of so to something different because of this.
  19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Loved Today's episode! It was my tried favorite behind the shoes one and the Texas Telly one. The segments felt a little off over all today but it was a solid episode with the highlight being the street story! Like everybody else here said, I loved how they fitted cookies and Prairies bit into the story. Loved the use of multiple characters for the letter and number of the day and loved the ending how Leela was doing the sponsors at the end for her parents. even thouhg you knew it was going to happen, I was glad that she finally got to show something nutty to her folks in the end. Loved the new Count segment today1 I love how it was the letter of the day and they kept it short. I noticed that Count sounded a little off then usually as well. Did anybody noticed how on the "Somebody say O" skit that they edited out the end when the guy says "Somebody say over" and get quite.
  20. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Which is why different humans and different Muppets (sans the standard ones, who've also switched places a time or two) have been seen on the Street various years.