Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The Elmo/J.R. bit was very reminiscent of the one with him and Whoopi.
That and Quiro Ser Tu Amigo are Ryan's best performances as Elmo so far. Sorry I'm not reviewing, I just hate having to watch SS in full-screen.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. It seems like Ryan's :laugh: is seen more in inserts while the street scenes still use Kevin's probably because those are the parts of the show they taped earlier. Yet, a few earlier WOTD's still use Kevin's :laugh: .

(Interesting note: I figured out how to work the smilie thing on my system's version of Google Chrome. I just have to use the edit command. Just thought I'd share that bit of useless info. Lol.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously... I have NOTHING but excitement for the Count tribute episode. Not only for that, but for Hank Azaria's Cookie Monster impersonation (that I really hope carries over to a certain animated sitcom in time), and the Homelamb skit.

Now that I think about it, if Rechov Sumsum is still in production, I wonder if they're going to recursively dub that segment, as the actual show Homeland is an Americanized version of an Israeli show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Seriously... I have NOTHING but excitement for the Count tribute episode. Not only for that, but for Hank Azaria's Cookie Monster impersonation (that I really hope carries over to a certain animated sitcom in time), and the Homelamb skit.

Now that I think about it, if Rechov Sumsum is still in production, I wonder if they're going to recursively dub that segment, as the actual show Homeland is an Americanized version of an Israeli show.

I'm so excited for it. Street story sounds amazing, Hank Azaria (LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM), Homelamb sounds like a funny bit. It could be the best ep. of the season.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Alright, now that I have a chance, I will be posting my review on not only today's episode, but last week's as well.

Episode 4408: I wasn't at home when it aired, but I did get to watch the street story and Word of the Day segment (as well as "Quiero Ser") on Sesame Street's website. The street story was absolutely spectacular! Even though it had the characters we've been seeing a lot of in the recent street stories these last several years, it had a definite classic (90's) feel! Plus the song at the end was muy fabuloso! Also, kudos to whoever wrote the episode for bringing Telly's doll Freddie back! So, this one was a real winner! The Word of the Day segment was very awesome and sweet! The "Quiero Ser" song was very nice. I would have loved to see the segment on Latin foods that start with P, but I guess I'll have to wait for the episode to re-air. Otherwise, based on the episode guide at Muppet Wiki, there's nothing else to say about the episode.

Episode 4409: Today's street story was quite amusing! It also had a pretty unexpected ending as well! Like everyone else has been pointing out, this would be a good episode to show to anyone we know who has a cell phone addiction (I'm definitely considering it)! The Word of the Day segment was also entertaining; I sure hope that Jesse and Elmo weren't too bugged (pun intended) by Felix's complaining. The segment with the boy counting 13 people in his family was quite good. When I saw that there would be a "Cookie's Crumby Pictures" segment, I hoped it would be a new one, but became disappointed to see that it was a rerun. Finally, the segment with J.R. Martinez talking with Elmo about how to deal with strong feelings was just lovely! When was the last time we got something like that?

I just hate having to watch SS in full-screen.
I feel you, man. That's exactly what I've been having to put up with for these last few years...mainly because I don't have an HDTV; I still have one of those TV's from the 90's (1997 to be exact). Whenever I confront my dad about this problem (not just with Sesame Street, but other shows too), he always tells me that we don't need an HDTV. But on the plus side, at least Sesame Workshop is making a good effort to put many of these things on their website and on their YouTube channel.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Back to the last episode.... anyone else find the guy talking about emotions (the last skit before ETM) dreadfully boring and like something out of another show? Glad to see they only used that twice so far.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait, Ima confused. Was the Jerry Nelson/Count tribute episode yesterday? Or is it the one that will air next Thursday, Oct 24 2013? :search:

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Wait, Ima confused. Was the Jerry Nelson/Count tribute episode yesterday? Or is it the one that will air next Thursday, Oct 24 2013? :search:
Nope, it will air on Halloween. However, (and I don't want to blow anything here, but...) the street story and segments for an upcoming episode are usually posted on the Sesame website approx. a week before it airs on TV, so for impatient viewers you may only have to wait until next week. :batty:

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
So, for your latter question, short answer: "Yes" with an "if," long answer: "No" with a "but."

Sorry, couldn't help but use a Simpsons quote :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It'll air on Halloween? Even battier!
*Insert Uncle Deadly "maniacal" smilie.