Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Drtooth

Reaction score
But first we have to suffer through a re-purposed episode.

I get the budget problems and all, but only 20 new episodes with 6 reruns that may have one new sketch in them is a real drag.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
"Make it fit." That segment might be appropriate for me considering how often I have to pack oodles of grocery bags into itty-bitty carts. GRRRR!! Maybe I'll take a look at that when I get a chance, or maybe I'll wait until it actually airs. We'll see.

cjd874

Reaction score
There's a very classic feel to this segment, and Eric really is getting Guy Smiley's voice and character down pat. And David's performance as Cookie is great as always. Five octagons...I mean, five stars!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't know what they've been doing in the writer's room there, but almost every insert has been so reminiscent of classic material. It's wonderful!

cjd874

Reaction score
I don't know what they've been doing in the writer's room there, but almost every insert has been so reminiscent of classic material. It's wonderful!
I looked on Muppet Wiki, and I see that Emily Perl Kingsley is still writing for the show. She's been with the show since the 1970s, and I remember from the Street Gang book that she wrote several classic bits for Ernie & Bert, and Kermit the Frog (I think one of them was the Jack & Jill News Flash), in addition to original SS songs like "Adding," "Air" (with Guy Smiley), "High, Middle, Low," and "The Song of the Count." Belinda Ward and Luis Santeiro have been with SS for many years, too. Perhaps they're the ones responsible for this influx of "classic" material.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new show for Thursday October 24, 2013 is...

Episode 4410 - Firefly Show (repeat)

Telly and Baby Bear set out to catch fireflies, but only come across one—and it doesn't look too happy after they catch it.

The show will include an all-new segment with Guy Smiley and Cookie Monster...

If you've seen "Firefly Show" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Are you sure that is Eric preforming Guy, it sounds a lot like Steve. Sounds a lot like a mix of Steve's Ernie and Kermit.