Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, there you go. You still get repeats just not as soon. I didn't hear about the segment with the Count and Oscar (Why the heck can't I get this smilie thing to work? That would be faster than typing the names), but that's definitely something to look forward to.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The episode for Wednesday September 18 is...

4403: The Flower Show
Stinky worries that he won't bloom in time for a flower show.

If you've seen "The Flower Show", please like this post and let us know your thoughts on the new episode.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4403: The Flower Show.

Airdate: September 18 2013.
Sponsors: D, 0.

What's the Word on the Street?: Fragrance.

Street Story.
And so begins the annual Parade of Roses from scenic Pasadena, California... What? Oh, sorry, wrong show.
Leela and Alan, human cast present in a street story, check.
Stinky the Stinkweed's having troubles blooming his flowers... For some reason, he's coming across as experiencing an emotion best reserved for the bathroom.
Who's the Southern plant voiced by Leslie that kept adding flowers?
The gang helps Stinky with some belly-breathing to help him calm down. And then we get the uplifting song about how Stinky's unique when he can't take that Southern plant's continuing flower growth. This just makes me keep humming Bette Middler's "The Rose" which is stuck in my head. Thanks a lot Peter Griffin.
The judges award the prize to Stinky, natch, especially after his strong-smelling flower finally blooms forth.

Highlights.
1 Celebrity/Muppets: Elmo and some guy explain "fragrance".
The stinky sock calls him Troy... Troy? Now I know who that is! Troy Pulumulu or however you spell his name, from the Pittsburgh Steelers. How's your team now at 0-2, heh, Pittsburgh stinks as bad as that sock! And they basically turned the sketch into one of Troy's commercials, I'm surprised Head & Shoulders wasn't one of today's sponsors. Sorry for the rant, my Baltimore/Pittsburgh rivalry's rearing its ugly head. :grr:
2 Insert: Fragrance.
3 Something weird happened... They launched into the intro for Murray Had a Little Lamb, the one where Murray's going to gardening school. But immediately after saying the Spanish equivalent of the type of school, it just went straight to two animated inserts for the letter D with no warning. One was about a girl dancing, the other I didn't pay attention, they were both boring.
4 Abby's Flying Fairy School: Captain Hook's Golden Treasure Hunt.
5 So now we actually get the gardening school segment with Murray.
6 Muppets: :grouchy: tries to trick :batty: by getting him to count 0.
Matt's first on-street performance of The Count... And he shows why the grouch should never try to pull his tricks on the master of mathematics. We even got a sort of updated backing theme for The Count as well.
7 Cookie's Crummy Pictures: Cookies of the Caribbean.
Captain Snack Sparrow... Davy Jones' cookie jar...
It turned orange, do you know what this means capitán? Scurvy?
Me think narrator spoke too soon.
Does this mean we finally have a Davy Jones Muppet?
I <333 this segment!
8 Insert: Triangle recognition with some country-pickin' music.
9 More of Murray at gardening school.
10 Muppets: Mr. Johnson at the coffee house.
He should have just taken the first cup made and left without anything else.
11 ETM: Detective the Musical.
Apparently this is more of a private eye detective rather than a Holmes-styled detective.
Detective Elmo's on the case of the super sneezes... All the clients get pepper in their deliveries at different 6-based addresses as Elmo closes in on the nafarious Cube. And after a show-stopping number about all types of cubes to sing about, he turns out to be a cubed box of tissues. Just the thing Mr. Ham Actor needed the most.
Of course, the Cube uses Sally Fields' over-used lines of acceptance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see they repurposed the Murray Has a Little Lamb segments into show bumpers now.

Great seeing a Stinky the Stinkweed story again. They're really pushing this whole calming down thing. That's 3 episodes in a row about it. Loved Stinky's Lemongrab-esque shouting. Also liked his flower constipation. That's the most family friendly way I could put it.

D for dance was dull.

But we got a new Count von Count segment. First appearance of the new Count puppeteer on the show. I don't think I've ever seen him interact with Oscar that much before. Great skit.

And also a pretty good Crumby pictures. Kinda disappointed they didn't make any Monkees jokes about Davy Jones. Clearly meant to be some sort of mash up between POTC 4 and the ones with Davy Jones in them.

And not new, but that Grover working at the Coffee Plant was hilarious.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... Captain Snack's first mate/assistant was clearly based on Penelope Cruise's character as Blackbeard's daughter from POTC 4. And the cookie jar, along with Davy Jones, would be them referencing POTC 2 moreso than the third movie I guess.

Also, they forgot the most important cube of all in that song at the end of ETM... A television! Which we're watching this on. Or a computer, though mostly the framed monitor, serving the same purpose.
*Goes off to do some character searching on Muppet Wiki.

hehehe

Reaction score
I have a friend named Shannon (she's in a wheelchair) who did a segment with Murray for this season. Does anyone know when (and if) it has aired yet?
Does she have brown-blond hair? There was a woman in a wheelchsir talking with Murray about reespect in the opening Word on the Street yesterday (Don't Get Pushy) She only had one line. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, now that I notice it, the street stories so far have had a song per episode. And it looks like the next 2 episodes might just have one too. They're really amping up the music this season. Songs are pretty good too.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was very good. Anyone else notice Stinky got a new puppet? The WOTD bit was pretty good. I liked seeing Murray Has a Little Lamb again, but I wish they didn't make those into tune-ins. The Count and Oscar bit was great. It was Matt's first time playing the Count on the show. Now we know he can do the Count's laugh. The CCP bit was very funny. I hope Oscarfan and D'Snowth get the file for this episode soon.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. First off all, I guess my problem with adding smilies was that the feature doesn't seem to work on Google Chrome on my laptop, so it works better when I use Internet Explorer.

Anyway, I liked the segment with :batty: and :grouchy: as well. So we do get to hear the new puppeteers for both Elmo and the Count on the show. I thought with the eps being filmed in advance we'd have to wait a season for that.

And not new, but that Grover working at the Coffee Plant was hilarious.
I agree, but it will be nice to see some new Grover/Fat Blue segments if they have any that were filmed before Jerry's death or he could be recast. We'll have to wait and see if we find any more of those.

I had the Monkees Davy Jones in mind too. I know he's deceased now, but it would have been interesting to see a Muppet version of him.