Your Thoughts: Sid the Science Kid

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Oh, one thing you're wrong about, dw-- the girl with glasses is named "May", not "Meg". But, great review, nevertheless. :smile: And I'm actually starting to like May myself, while my favorites are still a toss-up between Gerald and Gabriela for Sid's friends. (And I really do enjoy Sid himself, because of how comedic and funny he is. :smile:)

I can only hope Sid and his friends win some Emmys...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I finally actually got to see the ending of it (it's on too early! :embarrassed: )

But I have to say, very good show. Of course, by the time I get to it, all they're doing is the "Super duper Schmooper big idea" thing. But even then, it's pretty cute.

I like how the show is really his imagination... you know, how he has an audience. I used to do that too when I was very young....

... my imaginary ratings were terrible.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
From what I've seen, this seems like a sincere children's show that is educational, but not Dora-esque or preachy. It's quite refreshing really. My only real turn off to the show is that it seems too structured. Every episode relies on the same formula, and while I don't hate it by any means, I can see it getting monotonous after a while, even for kids.

I love the cast. The character designs are really appealing, especially to see them animated and in action. It's one thing to see still images, but to see them run around and play like real kids is really sweet.

kidatheart

Reaction score
Merchandise pleeeeease!

Never thought I'd beg for toys in this over-merchandised era, but the whole family loves Sid already, and with Christmas around the corner... I can't believe they didn't anticipate that the microphone gig would be INCREDIBLY popular with young children. I so agree with the loooong post - what a terrific toy this could be that would promote creative play. It wouldn't need annoying songs like the Hannah stuff - just a basic amplifier, record & playback, and of course - the applause feature. I am amazed at how much my 4 year learns and RETAINS from the show. It's so well scripted/written - I hope it gets the recognition it deserves.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Never thought I'd beg for toys in this over-merchandised era, but the whole family loves Sid already, and with Christmas around the corner... I can't believe they didn't anticipate that the microphone gig would be INCREDIBLY popular with young children. I so agree with the loooong post - what a terrific toy this could be that would promote creative play. It wouldn't need annoying songs like the Hannah stuff - just a basic amplifier, record & playback, and of course - the applause feature. I am amazed at how much my 4 year learns and RETAINS from the show. It's so well scripted/written - I hope it gets the recognition it deserves.
I don't think they planned on it being half as successful as it was. By now, you'd at least see a Sid the Science kid plush or young child science kit or something. Even a kid's educational coloring/activity book. My advice is to wait a year, and maybe then we;ll see something. It usually takes 6 months to a year for stuff like that. Sometimes things do materialize before the show even airs, but I think more people are going the safe route.

Redsonga

Reaction score
If it helps any when I was little they had a Nickelodeon toy in Happy Meals that was microphone and just made things louder, I played with it for years and years..I'm sure you can still find one :coy:.
If they were making that sort of thing for fast food toys sixteen years ago it must be very very simple and cheap now to make a fully working Sid one:excited:. Maybe we will see them in Happy Meals to:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it helps any when I was little they had a Nickelodeon toy in Happy Meals that was microphone and just made things louder, I played with it for years and years..I'm sure you can still find one :coy:.
Yeah, there was a Muppets in Space one too.

One of those talking Microphones that plays sound effects, records things, and amplifies them can't be that hard to make. Anyone remember "Yak Bak?" a little device you recorded your voice on, and it had some weird sound effects buttons on it?

I'd say that little science kits would be great. nothing with chemicals or that would make a total mess, though... a bug studying set with a little terrarium and a magnifying glass... something like that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, they wouldn't be the first episodes of Sid the Science Kid on DVD... apparently, there was a promotional DVD from Toys R Us that had one episode of Sid, allong with some other preschool kids shows. I think it was free with any Kid's DVD purchase.