1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Aug 3, 2008.

?

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

1. I loved Studio DC.

40 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. Studio DC was good.

42 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. Studio DC was just so-so.

31 vote(s)
    22.3%
  4. I disliked Studio DC.

26 vote(s)
    18.7%

1. muppetcrazy36

muppetcrazy36 New Member

i thought that if this show keeps going on, younger kids will grow up never knowing what the real muppet how is.
  2. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Okay, I'll admit that Mickey Mouse Club House is sad... but I love that "Hot Dog" song!
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Beats me? Ask them?

Just like they should have done in the first place!:)
  4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Sad? Try a pathetic excuse to shoehorn a beloved set of icons into a style they were not designed for.
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I saw that i didnt know what was going on but i like seeing it again
  6. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

It's better than nothing, I suppose.
  7. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

True... Tis better than the Muppets simply rotting away in storage. That would be a terrible tragedy.
  8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

We probably just wish for something better to come along.
  9. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Indeed. While I am pleased to have the Muppets return in some way, shape, or form, I do wish it were more... Muppety and less Disney.
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That's not a good way to be for them.
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Will does pose a good point, considering Disney & Henson now agree that The Classic Muppets belong to the Mouse House now.
  12. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Yeah, I know. I nearly cried the day I first heard that news. Partially out of happiness becuase I knew that sometime down the line there would be Muppet shows/specials again and partially because I feared what Disney would do to them and knew that the Muppets as we had all come to know and love where essentially dead.

Though I do have to thank Disney for putting out the original The Muppet Show on DVD. I'd wanted that for a very long time. Only two more seasons to go... :)
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

14. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Well, if Studio DC is the evolution of the Muppets, I'm not sure if I really want them to evolve. It's not that it was terribly bad or anything, it just kind of felt like the Muppets were a bit of an afterthought in the special rather than a highlight.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Studio DC wasn't the evolution - merely an advertisement to the younger crowd whose support is necessary in justifying big budgets for future Muppet projects so they can evolve and/or rise to a higher place in entertainment. The new Muppet film will definitely be nothing like Studio DC so I don’t see a need for concern.

The Muppets were kind of vacant on the program - almost like invited guests on their best behavior until getting a real program of their own. We know some are in the works as we speak. I hope this makes such SDC-like trips unnecessary in the near future. I'd take Miley Cyrus over Paula Abdul as a new Muppet Show guest star any day of the week, but would prefer Amy Winehouse, Cyndi Lauper or Madonna. Heck, they're practically Muppets in their own right!
  16. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

That's about what I was thinking. Studio DC wasn't great, but like you said, it was more of an intorduction of the Muppets to a new audience. I liked what there was of the Muppets in SDC, but it just seemed to lack that "it" factor that was so very prevelent in past Muppet programs.
  17. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

you know, disney should have been showing the parts of Studio DC from the start, and not make it into a special. I think it would have been better. And at least they are showing these clips. It kinda forces people to watch them if its on between shows or during commercial breaks
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

You make a perfect point - and that's what was planned last year when the Muppets and the Disney Kids (like the very ones in SDC) were to appear together in short informative Disney Channel commercial interstitials about technology. Sounds weird, but that was the plan. I think some were shot. Maybe we'll see them too one day.
  19. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Kermit has been appearing with that girl from Wizards of Waverly place for uh...something on Disney.
  20. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Something? Like another special.