1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Aug 3, 2008.

?

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

1. I loved Studio DC.

40 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. Studio DC was good.

42 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. Studio DC was just so-so.

31 vote(s)
    22.3%
  4. I disliked Studio DC.

26 vote(s)
    18.7%

1. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

The Muppets haven't really lost their glory... They've just been resting for a few years. ;)
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Exactly. The glory was never lost, just the push to do more with it was. Thankfully that's gotten on a roll and things--GOOD THINGS--are obviously happening.
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Let's just hope it stays as such.
  4. theprawncracker

What gives you any reason to think it won't stay this way, Pooh? All signs point to a wonderful world full of Muppets for a long, long time.
  5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Not a great voice for Scooter, but at least it's something!
  6. theprawncracker

Really? I thought Scooter's voice sounded great! But you're right... it IS something, and it IS awesome!
  7. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

I can't put my finger on it, but I think the one thing about Scooter that I can nitpick on is his posture... I'm not sure, but he looks a bit... bulky for lack of better word.

I think his voice is fine though. Heck, I'm just ecstatic to know he's being used! Hopefully, the future is looking up for Scooter as it is for the Muppets in general.
  8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Now all we need for Rowlf to get a larger role, too.
  9. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Scooter didnt have a neck! I think that was what looked stange.
  10. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

The hype and publicity before hand is great. It's past experience that makes me cautiously optimistic for the final product. :)
  11. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

Yeah! That's it! Weird.
  12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Perhaps a different puppet model was used?
  13. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yeah that I did see too! But GLAD (like EVERY MC member has said..) Scooter is back...talking! :););)
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I like that the brought Scooter back! I do think they need to find him a permanent performer. This one was good. The last performance in Oz was a little better, but all the recasts have been A level. They just need to pick one and stick with it.

It appears they pinned the neck of the puppet too far into the body. These are usually separate for Scooter's type of Muppet. Gonzo has actually gotten a lot more neck recently. I would also prefer a shinier green jacket for Scooter, but this is all nit-picky.

I just want my Scooter back as part of the main group for good! Let’s hope he made the Christmas special. It just wouldn’t be right without him. He was definitely the something missing I felt in MCC. ;)
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Same. Sometimes something that's hyped well falls flat (like the annual Smackdown vs RAW videogame series, because for every step forward, there's often always two steps taken backward as well).
  16. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

That was David Rudman doing Scooter. This is awesome that Scooter will be in this special! ;)
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed. Huzzah for Scooter returning!
  18. SgtGonzoPepper

SgtGonzoPepper New Member

I'll give this one much more faith than the first, just due to Scooter and Floyd. I think I saw a Turkey, Gonzo, and Floyd in the same shot...BRILLIANT!
  19. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I just hope the gang isn't pigeon-held into set roles.
  20. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Oh sweet! Cookie Mon.. I mean Dave is good... but Ricky whatever his last name is did a GREAT Scooter in MWoZ (Muppet Wizard of Oz)

So far since Richards passing we've had...

Richards Brother doing Scooter..

Brian Henson

Ricky (for got the last name haha)

and now Dave R. ;)