Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
The special was alittle better than I expected to tell the truth. Some of the things I liked were the Zach and Cody sketch (mostly the parts with Gonzo), Miley's GNO song, backed up by :big_grin: and the Electric Mayhem (plus the stuff before it), and most everything else.

My biggest complaint was that it was too short. I found it weird that at the end, they did the opening agian, but then i thought about it and i thought "Oh, what i just saw, was rehursles(sp)" I was slow to pick up on that:embarrassed:. another thing, in the begining they were giving credits to who was in the special, The Muppets were joined together, yet Dylan and Cole were seprate (but considering how many muppets were in the show, that would've made it that much longer, or shorter depending) Also, WHERES FOZZIE! A Muppet production with out Fozzie Bear, thats not right i tells ya.

other than that, i loved this special, and i can't wait for the next one

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really did enjoy it. Laughed at points in the show. My most favorite was "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody" with the Swedish Chef. I loved all of Kermit and Gonzo stuff in it and also loved the Ashely and Kermit too. (I have a crush on her for some reason) But i to wished it would have been a lot longer which i kept hearing it was only 30 minutes but i keep hoping to see an hour long but i can understand. I think they are just trying to do something to see if it will work out and then do more down the road.

But loved all the Muppet wished Fozzie, Rowlf and The Pengiuns were going to show up at the last moment but it was still pretty cool. Can't wait for more to come.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Awwww rats!
:shifty: You called?
NO!Get LOST before I take a can of Raid to you!
:shifty: Sheesh!Temper temper! exit Rizzo
Anyway...I would have loved to have seen this.But I don't have The Disney Channel.I might ask my niece how she liked it.She loves Miley Cyrus,Zach & Cody & the Jonas Brothers. I tried to get her involved with the Muppets. No such luck.:rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aw good luck with that! Sometimes people need to get the teen idol phase over with first so to speak. :wink:

Blumonkeyboy

Reaction score
Well yes thanks to the likes of Pepe and Rizzo who now manage them lol that was one of my favorite lines.
so if Pepe and Rizzo manage the EM now, is scooter being fazed out completely? (as in the muppet movie he managed them) I can understand the vow of scilence out of respect for Mr.Hunt, but i think its been long enough.

Snowball

Reaction score
I found it quite enjoyable. It was great, watching something new from the Muppets. Although I would have liked to see Scooter and Beaker. Was he in it? Muppet Wiki said so, but I didn't see him. Anyway, it was pretty funny. I liked the Miley/Animal scene as well as the Suite Life and 'Bop to the Top' with Ashley, Kermit, and Piggy, and afterwards when Piggy is calling Ashley 'Sharpay' and 'Maddie' and then she says 'Ashely' but Ashley says she isn't 'Ashley' either until she realizes her mistake. Even though it doesn't have some of it's old elements that made The Muppet Show funny, it was still the Muppets and that's all that matters.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Take away the commercials and you have 20 min, 30 sec. Dang, that's short! (I mean USA version of Muppets Tonight was 22 min, and what a difference those two minutes make! Note to self: Tape some regular Disney Channel shows and see if they're also the same length when you factor in the commercials)

The show felt disjointed but then that's most likely a mix of (a) various bits originally taped as stand alone interstitials with the decision made later on to put them together into a show (b) the Muppet writers weren't writing the show, they were producing it...Jim Lewis and Kirk Thatcher were credited as producers (along with Ritamarie Peruggi and exec prod Martin G Baker) with the writers and director credits being names i don't think i've seen before. (c) the concept wasn't really clearly established within the special itself, it's only because i read pre-show press that i understood what they were trying to pull off ... that it was showing a rehearsal for a show about to air ("almost live") hence that weird deja vu ending.

Since there's a second Almost Live coming up, i think the lack of Foz, Bunson, Beaker, Rowlf was due to again - combining previously taped stuff together into a special and dividing the different bits into two parts (makes me wonder if at one point this was going to be an hour special that they split in two) and that we'll see them in part 2.

I know i went on and on about the lack of promos less than two weeks before the show aired ... and thankfully we finally got them and they were in heavy rotation on the channel (but was it promoted anywhere else?), but i wish that the promos would have been more original footage of the Muppets and stars announcing the show since i probably would have enjoyed the show much more if i was unspoiled from the clips seen in the previews...had i seen the special totally blind to spoilers, i know i would totally have been digging it with fresh eyes.

The special basically serviced its goal - to be a cross promotional tool to introduce the Muppets to an audience that may not be as familiar with them and at the same time get people who tuned in to watch the Muppets a little more familiar with the Disney Channel fare (i'm sure the first goal will be much more successful than the latter!) At least they had several little Easter eggs for the Muppet fans watching but really this was more to bring more Muppet fans into the fold...and i can easily see this encouraging people to check out all the Muppety goodness at the new Muppets.com/XD whatever-you-want-to-call-it site and buying/renting some Muppet dvds. Since this was basically promoted "in house" - on Disney Channel and not much elsewhere, i don't see this as some grand re-introduction to the general public of the Muppets, more a little niche/target marketing to the DC watchers. And overall i think that's a good thing - it was a treat for that audience and would have been a bit disappointing for casual viewers who may have tuned in if it was being hyped all over the place outside of DC as "the Muppets return"

The bit about the director totally confused me - i could have sworn all throughout that it was Bill Baretta's voice...and yeah, that random whatnot at the end with the chickens appeared to have been his brief onscreen cameo...but then the end credits made it seem like it was someone else doing that voiceover (wonder if the Muppet was designed to look like him? I know nothing about Jeffrey Ross...is that some Disney celeb or something?)

I was also thinking that given the kind of disjointed nature, that maybe these two specials were not only attempts at centralizing some of the interstitial stuff previously taped but if they were actually initially going to be test pilots that DC finally decided to air as specials (hey, these DC stars do have fanbases as when they hear that so-and-so taped something with the Muppets, they'll want to see them somewhere). I think they ultimately work better as specials...it was good for what it was meant to do...but i wouldn't want to see the Muppet team's energy focused on this on a regular basis when there's so much more that can be better done with them instead.

Overall the Muppet performers themselves get high marks ... absolutely amazing Muppet choreography ... getting Kermit and Piggy to move like that during the Bop to You Drop number...i think there was some post-production fix-up on that...not that there's anything wrong with that as that's what Jim was always about: the marriage of camera/television special effects and basic puppetry to make Muppets do the unthinkable. Hard to tell who was Janice and Floyd since they did have brief lines - Floyd was right on! John Kennedy wasn't credited so musta been someone else - the credited Muppet performers were: (top tier) Bill Baretta, Dave Goelx, Eric Jacobson, Steve Whitmire (second tier) David Barclay, Tim Blaney, BJ Guyer, Bruce Lanoil, Lara Maclean, David Rudman, Michelan Sisti, Matt Vogel (who probably did Janice?)

Just my personal two cents on Billy Ray Cyrus...okay i obviously never had any personal interactions with him as someone who previously posted has apparently had so i can't say what he's like behind the scenes or in real life, but i will say that despite having written one of the most embarrassingly bad songs of all time...he later redeemed himself to me when he appeared in David Lynch's Mulholland Drive (and Lynch is very selective in his casting) as an actor if not as a singer and i sense that he's aware of where he could have ended up in the annals of music history and has done well to go into acting as a side career and has also had opportunity to lampoon his previous celebrity standings. Recovering from being the guy who forced "Achy Breaky Heart" onto the world can't be easy yet i think he's done well navigating his career into some more livlihood. Of course this says nothing about how "nice" he may be as a person but that's something i'm not as qualified to comment on.

Biggest missed opprtunity: background extra Muppets...a small but effective touch that makes a huge difference...random appearances by Muppet stage crew moving props/studio equiptment in the background or as extras during the hotel sketch would have made it feel more Muppety.

Boppity

Reaction score
Meh...I feel kinda bad about saying anything about Billy Ray now. I didn't mean to imply that he's a bad musician and actor or that he doesn't look out for his family or anything. Just stating that, in my and my family's opinion, he wasn't one of the best things in the program.

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
i loved the show so much that I hope that they do more of thembecause they are shows that families can watch together and can get to learn about each other better. I think that disney channel has something big, really big with this that they probably don't know what to do with. :smile: :hungry: :super:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Jeffrey Ross is a loud mouth comedian mostly seen these days doing roasts of people on comedy central. That's why I'm a bit shocked to hear his voice on Disney thing but hey he wasn't shown so I guess that could be why they thought it was ok for their show *shruggs*
Personally I have no problem with him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs9F28E_vGA
&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvkZT-IqEkM

Please be warned he can be a little dirty.