1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: "The Muppet Movie" Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 13, 2013.

1. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I can't wait for my copy to arrive. This Blu-Ray looks better each time I read about it. I'm so excited! :)

The 2001 Sony/Columbia DVD release had them, but not the Disney DVD. Plus the version on the Blu-Ray is extended!

As far as I know there aren't any plans to release it anyway apart from in the US (for now at least), which is why I've ordered it from there (I live in the UK).

Edit: Looks like I might me wrong, as Germany is getting it in 3 months. http://www.amazon.de/The-Muppet-Movie-Blu-ray/dp/B00EEW5CL2 You might get is soon in Australia, as The Muppet Christmas Carol was released there in December 2012, and there still hasn't been a UK release.

2. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Thank you for having a look! I appreciate it. I would order it online, but my parents refuse to put their credit cards details on the net, so I'll just have to play the waiting game.

3. panmanthe2nd

I hope it gets released over there soon for you.

4. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

For some reason, I can't find this release ANYWHERE where I live. All the websites have them listed, but they don't actually have them in the stores. I've been to four different DVD/Blu-Ray sellers (Walmart, Videotron, HMV, Toys R Us,) and still can't find them.

5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

How do you find the easter eggs?

6. panmanthe2nd

Mine arrived today!!!

I only know of one easter egg (so far anyway). On the main menu, go down to 'Set-up', and then go down one more.

7. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

What easter egg is it

8. panmanthe2nd

Multiple takes of Kermit's bike ride (2:54).

9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, is the MC review going to be published soon?

muppetlover123 likes this.
  10. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

So far I've seen the DVD, not much to be seen though, but the new menu is cool I guess.

Is the DVD also restored? I've noticed that the iTunes re-release was restored the same way the Blu-Ray was restored and it seems the DVD got no treatment. Weird. :confused:

11. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Yea I would love to know where and how to find the Easter Eggs?

12. dwayne1115

I have tried that over 12 times and I can't seem to get it to work.

13. dwayne1115

Hello everyone I am writing the review for MC this time and I'm having a problem finding the hidden Easter Eggs. If anyone can help me out you will be mentioned in the said review.

14. From the main menu, go down to Sneak Peaks and then right and click on the button that appears.

15. dwayne1115

Thank you very very much!

16. No problem! :)

17. dwayne1115

Muppet Movie fun fact: Since 1980 the movie has been released over 16 times in the US alone. Dose anyone have the Beta, or Laserdisc copy?