1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: "The Muppet Movie" Soundtrack CD Re-release

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 13, 2013.

?

What is your favorite song from The Muppet Movie soundtrack?

1. Rainbow Connection

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. Movin' Right Along

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. Never Before, Never Again

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never Before, Never Again (Instrumental)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. Can You Picture That?

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  7. I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along (Instrumental)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I'm Going To Go Back There Someday

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. America

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Animal...Come Back Animal (Instrumental)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Finale: The Magic Store

2 vote(s)
    6.1%

1. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure, as I haven't got it yet. It would be cool if it was!

2. SesameFever

SesameFever Active Member

I will just take the YouTube version for now till somebody can post something better.

Can somedy please send me the cover scarns front back and inside gatefold if there is one Thanks.

3. panmanthe2nd

Amazon.co.uk has dispatched my copy! So excited!
    As a high quality copy of the UK version of "Never Before, Never Again" doesn't seem to be easily available I've just ordered a 'near-mint' LP of it, which I plan to rip. I'll send you the file when I'm done if you want.

4. SesameFever

Thanks I will take it. Can you send ALL the cover Scans as well even if you take OK quality Didgital Camera pictures of Front back and if there is Gatefold inside and labels. Thanks.

5. panmanthe2nd

I'll do the best I can!

6. panmanthe2nd

7. SesameFever

Thanks.

8. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

I picked up the CD today at Walmart and I have to say, it's pretty wonderful. The original artwork is so classy looking and it's so great to see the album release without getting the Photoshop-tastic treatment so typical of the Muppets these days. The booklet included is really great too, with Paul William's intro being a brief but good read. Given that it really doesn't cost anymore to get the physical release than it does to download the album from iTunes, there's no reason not to pick this up. Really wonderful little piece of Muppet history to own!

muppetlover123 and Phillip like this.
  9. SesameFever

I agree. Where is your Avatar Picture from?

10. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

Heh. It's a picture of my Kermit puppet playing his banjo. There's a thread about it in the Puppet Building and Performing section.

TikiColadas likes this.
  11. SesameFever

12. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Does anyone have a FLAC rip of this? I dunno how to make them and I want to have the finest quality of the songs I can find

13. panmanthe2nd

14. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Active Member

I am looking forward to getting a copy of this!!

I HOPE they will re release the remastered soundtracks for The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhattan! I absolutely love those, well all 3 of those soundtracks!

15. panmanthe2nd

The Muppet Movie soundtrack was re-released on vinyl for Record Store Day this Year!

Phillip likes this.
  16. Jivepuppet

Jivepuppet Member

I picked up the vinyl for Record Store day… It's FANTASTIC!

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  17. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Is it different than the original 1979 vinyl release? If so, can you please post pics of this? It might helps folks who are considering buying the record.

18. Jivepuppet

Jivepuppet Member

It's pretty much identical, but on a heavier gram vinyl. So it sounds better. Same art, and everything, except it is not embossed like the original. But that's no big deal to me! I collect vinyl and Muppet stuff, so this was a perfect item!

panmanthe2nd likes this.