Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I get it. I just thought the recycled art on the credits page could be replaced by conceptual sketches or art that didn't make the issue. I thought you could do something different and pretty in your Pan comics unlike the free-transformed panel art they've been doing for the credits page in the Langridge issues. It's an unused piece of real estate - an opportunity for something different.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
--Edit-- to be clear. I don't think you read me right. I wasn't suggesting some big "Behind the Scenes" spread or anything of that sort.

My post was a suggestion that in your Muppet Peter Pan comic issues you could use a piece or two of the intriguing conceptual art you are doing on the credits page instead of using recycled art already in the issue like has been done in the past two Muppet Show comic books. I think people of all ages would enjoy seeing some of the conceptual or unused art you're doing and your issue would be a great place to put that. It was meant as a compliment - and I'm very curious to see some of this art you've built for the characters. :big_grin:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Just the other day i bought the first comic. I'm finally glad that i was able to find it. I bought both A and B covers. I'm going to try and get all the covers but it only depeads. It's awsome! I'm loving every bit and piece of the storyline. Can't wait for the others to come.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well you're in luck Kyle baby. TMS Issue 2 should already be available at most comic shops. Hope this helps.

Amy

Reaction score
Okay, I understand. But, assuming it doesn't coutn as a spoiler question, do you at least plan on including some obscure Muppet characters?
That's not up to me, that's up to the writer.
I'm just drawing the thing.

I imagine she's chosen whichever characters she feels will suit the Peter Pan cast the best.
My personal preference is for any characters up to Muppet 3D, but that's just me. I'm more a Jim acolyte than an all-encompassing Muppet fan. Again, I'm not writing it, so not my decision.

Kermit is Peter, though. I think that's so obvious it's exempt from the spoiler warning. :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm getting so frustraded with just trying to find these comics. I have been to and called all the comic shops and nothing. One guy said he would order them for me, but it's going to take a least 3 weeks to get it. I'm thinking well i could have done that, but I'm the type of person who wants to go to a store and buy my stuff, not order it online. I would almost say that one of these stores should give me the first comic free, just for all the trouble I have had.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm getting so frustraded with just trying to find these comics. I have been to and called all the comic shops and nothing. One guy said he would order them for me, but it's going to take a least 3 weeks to get it. I'm thinking well i could have done that, but I'm the type of person who wants to go to a store and buy my stuff, not order it online. I would almost say that one of these stores should give me the first comic free, just for all the trouble I have had.
It is my understanding that Boom is printing these in smaller batches in order to make sure they will sell through. They will be printing more batches of this same issue, but I don't think they want product lingering on shelves. I suppose the one best way to get them is through their own site, but they do take a little time mailing them. The last Wednesday of each month is when new titles come out. I show up that day to get mine, but San Francisco does still have several comic book store options. I like getting my stuff in stores too.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well you're in luck Kyle baby. TMS Issue 2 should already be available at most comic shops. Hope this helps.
Thanks Ed but i when i got them at the comic book store (which is about an hour or so away from where i live, they would have already been out but they didn't have it even on the rack. So i thought maybe they didn't get it yet. I'll have to check back later on. Thanks agian.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kermit is Peter, though. I think that's so obvious it's exempt from the spoiler warning.
Nuts! I was hoping it was Sherri Netherland :big_grin:

It is my understanding that Boom is printing these in smaller batches in order to make sure they will sell through. They will be printing more batches of this same issue, but I don't think they want product lingering on shelves. I suppose the one best way to get them is through their own site, but they do take a little time mailing them. The last Wednesday of each month is when new titles come out. I show up that day to get mine, but San Francisco does still have several comic book store options. I like getting my stuff in stores too.
You know, I bought the second one just yesterday, and the comic book store owner said that he ordered double issues, because #1 sold so well. They had 3, 2 when I left. And I went to all these other comic shops (2 free comics per person? Come on! I know the recession is bad, but it really should be 3 per person), and they only had one left in every store I went to, if any. They had quite a few Incredibles and Cars lying around, but it seems that they really struck a nerve with the Muppets.

Oh yeah, the review.... :"automobubbling?" Perfectly Muppety. :wisdom: Both the debuts of Muppet Labs and Vet's Hospital were great. I especially like how Vets turned out. I still have to say, loving those Muppet-style bits with random pigs and birds and frogs are excellent. Proving it doesn't need to have Kermit, Fozzie, or Gonzo to fit into the Muppet Show's over all aesthetic. And gotta love the Fozzie character study. Who would have thought that he actually does research? And it totally fits into character. I wonder if he had any parallels to that Clown guy he created before this.... I gotta start readin' that.