1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Phillip Administrator

Even though the release date is still eighteen days away, we have the first review on the Internet of The Muppet Show Season 2 DVD box set. From the 24 episodes to the bonus features, find out all the details you’ve wanted to know about The Muppet Show Season 2.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/dvd/tms_season_2.shtml

Since most all of us will be getting The Muppet Show Season 2, I'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using this link, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with free shipping.
  2. AngryEwok New Member

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When Season 1 was released, fans were naturally disappointed that eight songs and scenes were cut mostly due to music rights issues. We are happy to report that after careful scrutiny, it appears that every Season 2 episode is indeed complete and uncut."

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Music to my ears! Thanks for the review, great work![/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
  3. Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

It is bitterly disappointing that they did not continue the Muppet Morsels feature after such an awesome beginning with it. :(

But the absolute completeness of all the episodes is a big consolation.
  4. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Oh, how AWESOME! Complete episodes! Great!

Although, I must say, I'm a bit upset with the lack of Muppet Morsels, the lack off behind the scenes stuff for the music video, and the length of the Muppets on Muppets thing... that's a bit dissapointing.

But still! It's great to see Fozzie and Kermit, and Animal and Rizzo on the menus! How neat! I can't wait for August 7th! :excited:
  5. Barry Lee Active Member

Well I am extremely happy about it being uncut, and the menus look fantastic. The Muppet Morsels would have been nice but sometimes they would go wayy off topic. Also its a shame that the bonus features arent that great. And why Bobo, Johnny, Sal, and Pepe in these interviews? That seems way off, but non the less, I am buying this set because it is uncut, and it makes me happy. I'm just glad that there are no cuts, and that we even get to have Season 2 of TMS.
  6. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah the lack of morsels is disapointing. And I don't have much interest in seeing any modern day bonus features. Plus, I have always disliked that photo of Piggy that is on one of the DVDs.

Though it's great that you can skip to different parts of the episodes now! I just hope next time the bonus features will include some of the older specials. I'd like to see the 2nd season episodes, especially since Beaker and "Valley Girl" Janice will be debuting. But I might wait a little while before buying.
  7. anytimepally Active Member

"We are happy to report that after careful scrutiny, it appears that every Season 2 episode is indeed complete and uncut."

woohoo! :excited:
  8. zns Active Member

God bless the people at Disney. Can't wait 'till August 7th. I give this box set three Kermits. :) :) :)
  9. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thank you for the fantastic review, Phil! Very excited. :eek:

I wonder if Disney will ever release a supplemental season one disc - or, better yet, reissue a "complete" version of season one once all the seasons are out? That would make this fan very happy. It will be interesting to see how future seasons are treated by music licensors.

I also dig the improvements in the menus and don't mind seeing the "new guys" :rolleyes: in the interviews (so long as they are not the focus). I'm for one big happy Muppet family. :flirt:
  10. AngryEwok New Member

No double dipping, please... just release the cut stuff on a bonus disc of Season Five and I'll be happy.
  11. RKUNKLER New Member

This makes me so happy. I like the menus alot and im glad that the episodes are uncut. The bonus features i think are great too. I would like season 1 rereleased uncut too.
  12. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I have a problem with the fact the misplacement of the muppets in the bones featuers. That confsses me.
  13. Zack the Dog Active Member

Hello Phil and everyone! Been a few years! :eek: But i hope everyone is well!

The Muppet show season 2 sounds great! and an uncut Muppet Valentines show is fantastic! Looks like Disney did a great job with this!

I am interested in the new Muppet footage and it's always great to see new Bobo, Johnny, and Sal materal!(as well as all the characters) Hopeful it will be Brian Henson voicing Sal! and we haven't seen Bobo since like IAVMMCM as wells the party cruise game right? he wasn't in MWOZ and i can't think of anything else that he would have been in other then that since then (apperances and such)I love Bobo! it would have been nice to have had Rowlf, Bunsen, and Beaker .ect, to be on there as well seeing as they had the puppeteers at hand.

I can't believe how many classic Muppet/Fraggle/Sesame dvd relases we have been getting and in around the same time too!:)
  14. ploobis Well-Known Member

This is so great that we will be getting all 24 season 2 episodes completly UNCUT! :)

I have some ideas for bonus matial for the future seasons 3 through 5 DVD sets.

SEASON 3

The Original Unaired Juliet Prowse Pilot

60 Minutes: Behine The Scenes of The Muppet Show

Audio Commentaries by Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire and Jerry Nelson

SEASON 4

The Original Unaired Connie Stevens Pilot or John Denver & The Muppets Christmas Special

Audio Commentaries by Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire and Brian Henson

SEASON 5

Of Muppets & Men: The Making Of The Muppet Show or The Muppets Go To The Movies

The Jim Henson Retrospective

Audio Commentaries by Dave Goelz & Steve Whitmire

"I don't wanna feel like I'm thinking about this too soon and too fast but what do you think?

:)
  15. Telly Active Member

16. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

See this is what i don't understand If they have Bill there why not do Rowlf,
    Bill Steve and Dave all have taken on roles played by the late Jim Henson, and Richard Hunt, so why dont they use them more. I think it is sad that Jim and Richard are gone, but that should not hurt the classic Muppets like Scooter Dr. Theeth Rolf just to name a few.
    Eric Jakobson is really the bravest of the Muppetters to take on not one but almost all of Frank Oz's Muppets Sesame and Classic Muppets. I realy dont understand it at all can you all explain it to me.
  17. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I must agree. Although I do enjoy the new Muppet characters, classic characters should come first. The entertaining-yet-spotty Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight support that idea. Still very pleased. Hey, I thought something a while back did report new Rowlf footage? Hmm.
  18. Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

The thing to keep in mind is that just because Season 2 is complete and uncut that's no guarantee that there won't be some songs that music licensors may refuse to sell at all on the three remaining seasons. And even if the first season turns out to be the one and only edited set in the collection, the holders of the rights may not ever relinquish their restrictions so that they can rerelease it complete ever. But it's not too hard to obtain uncut copies if you have access to friends who can get them off the Disney Channel for you anyway.

Me, if anything I would like to see the other sets released with Muppet Morsels, and then I would gladly fork out for a rerelease of the second season. But I'm not going to go ballistic if they don't do morsels ever again.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.:)
  19. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I checked out the review. Very interesting. It's also cool that they have the 'select chapters' option like they had on the TimeLife DVDs. Also, since they're all uncut I can maybe sell TimeLife Volume 8 (I think that's the one it was with all season 2 eps) on ebay or something and make some extra cash. Just something to think about.
  20. Phillip Administrator

The Time-Life discs have a specific on-screen menu for the chapter selections. There isn't one here. Just use the chapter button on your player to move between the chapters. Each episode should have four chapters (open, first act, second act, closing).