1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 14, 2008.

1. Beakerballistic New Member

Not season 3, anyways...
  2. AAO Member

oh.. well if you look on amazon.com there are others that say that it's on there... now maybe some do and possibly don't or amazon got their story wrong. Even with an interview with Kermit and Fozzie they mentioned it and I was a little confused. I'm right now looking through all the discs and possibly hidden easter eggs for it...
  3. Beakerballistic New Member

When eas the interview? If it was a very long time ago, it might have been scrapped. Are you sure you're talking about the right season.
  4. AAO Member

Watch this video and you'll see... Listen for it.. "A Frog Is Born".. Fozzie mentions he doesn't see it. Also, you can see either Eric or Steve's hair around the end of the interview
  5. Super Scooter New Member

"A Frog is Born" was a special feature originally planned for the DVD set, but was ultimately abandoned. A shame, because it was apparently created (otherwise, I don't think Whitmire would have promoted it).

:o Fozzie was right. "A Frog is Born" is not on any copy of "The Muppet Show: Season 3". The Amazon reviews that say it is were written long before the DVD set was even released.
  6. AAO Member

So then you understand my confusion...? Good. Because I knew it was missing..
  7. Bigmouth New Member

According to play.com the Region 2 version of season 3 will be released sept 1st.
  8. Rowlph New Member

The Bonus Features

I really am enjoying savoring the episodes. I am primarily watching the episodes that were not part of the previous 'Best of' set for starters. I am now mostly through these episodes and have been very pleased with how they have been gathered together for the Season 3 DVD set.

I really enjoyed the Bonus Features and hope that they have more of the same or even better for the remaining two season sets.

Personally I would like to see any Muppet material from the approximate time period of the original show, rather than anything new (like 'Muppets on the Muppets'), with the exception of any interviews or compiled 'making of' type items.

Here is a list of the muppet specials that I know of:
    The Muppets at Walt Disney World
    A Muppet Family Christmas (on DVD)
    Inner Tube - pilot
    The Christmas Toy (on DVD)
    The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years
    Of Muppets and Men: The Making of 'The Muppet Show'
    The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show
    The Muppets Go to the Movies
    Muppet Side Splitter
    John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
    The Muppets Go Hollywood
    Muppet Breaker Upper
    Muppet Gimme a Break
    Julie Andrews: One Step Into Spring ?
    Julie Andrews: One to One ?
    Muppets No-Nonsense Show (original pitch reel?)
    The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence - with Season 1
    Muppet Picker Upper
    Out to Lunch
    The Muppets Valentine Show - with Season 1
    Tales from Muppetland: The Muppet Musicians of Bremen
    Tales from Muppetland: The Frog Prince
    Muppets on Puppets - with Season 3
    Original Muppet Pitch Reel - with Season 1

Did I miss any? Any corrections?

What do you think should be the bonus features for Season 4?
    What do you think should be the bonus features for Season 5?

Keep in mind that they have a pattern of two longer bonus features + a one or a few shorter ones for each season set. I'll have to think about my preference and respond later.

:sympathy:
  9. Rowlph New Member

Bonus Features for Seasons 4 and 5

Here is my follow up post for the Bonus Features that I would like to see on Seasons 4 and 5. Obviously I would love to see all the specials, not already released on DVD, to be included as bonus features. However, since that seems unlikely with the length of the list below, the ones I think are absolutely necessary are:

Of Muppets and Men: The Making of 'The Muppet Show'
    John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
    A Jim Henson Biography
    A thorough Frank Oz interview

I think the 'Tales from Muppetland' series should be all released as a DVD set.

Otherwise it is hard for me to choose.

10. Skekayuk Member

Well although it was about 25 years after the time of TMS itself, I would be inclind to include the BBC's documentary 'I Love The Muppets'. Just that one though, but none of the other more recent documentaries. That one was specifically focussed on TMS, and featured several members of the TMS 8.
  11. Rowlph New Member

'I Love The Muppets' documentary

The 'I Love The Muppets' documentary looks good. Thanks for the good addition.

12. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I finished watch the set and I must say I'm impressed!

The Goods:
    1. The quality is excellent!
    2. The new menus are fantastic!
    3. UNCUT! Except the Zoot endings
    4. No more of those dumb, non-Muppet realated songs we had on the previous DVD menus
    5. Awesome bonus features. It's nice to see rare Muppet footage I've never seen. There were many audio dropouts on "The Muppets on puppets"; only three or four, and they're very short and are halfway through.
    6. Only 2 previews for other Disney things, insted of the many we usually get
    The Bads:
    1. "A Company Of Players" wasn't relly that good. I mean, about 6 minutes in, they stop talking about the performers and start talking about the Muppet character's origins
    2. The packaging didn't feel very good, especially the non-fuzzy parts
    3. I must agree that the picture of the audience in the DVD holder looks pretty bad
    4. Ugh, Flat-face Kermit on one of the discs
    5. Not a real complaint about the set itself, but Scooter's "There's A New Sound" number is pretty repetitive. It's him basically singing the same verse four times over.
    All in all, there were many episodes I've never seen here and it's nice to see them finally uncut and in good quality.

5/5
  13. Bigmouth New Member

I loved that song on my LP when I was a kid. Looking forward to seeing it.

A couple of years ago I saw a celebration to Jim Henson made at the theatre with the muppets talking about him. In what context was this made? Available? I remember I cried when I saw it. I think it enden with the song "if just one person believes in you". Don't remember. Can it be found on youtube?
  14. Super Scooter New Member

That's The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. It might be on YouTube, I'm not sure.
  15. Bigmouth New Member

Thanks. Found it right away. I hope this will be on season 3, 4 or 5.
    &feature=related
  16. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I've just started to re-watch all of the episodes again... and I never realized what a beautiful woman's voice Leo Sayer has. :zany:
  17. peyjenk New Member

That beautiful woman's voice is about all he had going for him..... that guy was FREAKY!
  18. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Agreed... you just want to pinch his head and see if he'll pop. Maybe all the helium will be released. :confused: :eek:
  19. heralde Well-Known Member

Well I think it was just that he was a singer and maybe hadn't done as much acting. He was also with the Muppets on The Tonight Show and he did a great job just being himself. :)

Idk, I just love his Muppet verison of "When I Need You." Hehe!
  20. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Oh I do like his version of that song with Miss Piggy on The Tonight Show--it was just awesome! BUT! At first I thought it was a woman singing it. I spent a good long time trying to figure out how Leo could be a girl's name. :p