Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I'm reluctant to watch them all as I know it will take forever to get the next series. I'm savoring them all and observing every detail.

It's really cool to watch these on the big screen. I think when you watch them on television/small format you don't get as much.

I wasn't really fond of the Loretta Lynn (although she's the best) out of the theater bit. I don't know why but, I feel more comfortable seeing them all in the theater. Weird - I know!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I just got to Disc 4 last night, and I'm SO loving this set. This is definitely the best season yet, I think. Everyone is so in-tune with their characters--even newer characters like Beauregard and Lew Zealand. This season has REALLY made me like Fozzie a whole lot more. Not that I didn't love him before, but now I positively adore his character--he reminds me a lot of myself. ("My problem was my need to tell jokes." "Yeah, that was our problem too!") I also really like that they redesigned the Kermit puppet in the middle of the season to make him look less fuzzy, I really like the look he had for TMM and onward.

Haven't gotten to the bonus features yet, but I should soon. The menus with Kermit and Piggy are AWESOME! So good to see them together again. I think my favorite one is the disc 4 menu with them, very funny. I for one really like the box art. I think the Muppets in theater seats was an inspired idea--sure it's kinda bad photoshopping and I'd LOVE to see some newer photo puppet pictures, but I like this a lot because of the huge blend of characters represented.

GREAT set! ! ! Five Stars in my book, so far! Cannot WAIT for Season 4--hopefully it'll be just another year before we'll be enjoying it! :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
GREAT set! ! ! Five Stars in my book, so far! Cannot WAIT for Season 4--hopefully it'll be just another year before we'll be enjoying it!
I was thinking about this recently. It's possible, but only possible, that we could be watching season five by next Fall. It was nine months between season two and season three's release, another nine months would place us at February of 2009 (I would guess they might want to release season four in time for Christmas, so that would place two months earlier... possibly). Nine months from December, or February, we could be basking in complete Muppety Show goodness by September or November of next year!

:big_grin: :flirt: :big_grin:

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Does anyone else think it's Ha-larious that Liberace is singing " Has anybody seen my Bird?"

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WOW Super Scoot, what an uplifting thought! Gosh, I hope you're right... Maybe after that they can release Muppets Tonight! on DVD finally!

And Blinky, yes, I totally agree with you, I laughed really, REALLY hard when I got to that part. :stick_out_tongue:

Quesal

Reaction score
I got my copy and I'm happy with it! A lot of music from this season I have heard or seen on those old Jim Henson's Muppet Videos from the 1980s (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Playhouse_Video). I grew to love those songs, but haven't heard them in a long time. Having access to them on this DVD set is so great! I currently have three favorite musical numbers- "Rocky Top" by Roy Clark & Co., "I'm Just Wild About Harry" by Jean Stapleton & Crazy Harry & "The Show Must Go On" by Leo Sayer and Co. I just can't get sick of those!

Davina

Reaction score
ooh and the "New Sound" number.. I honestly don't remember having seen that bit before, though I know the song from MS soundtracks, but it was cool to see that bit finally/again after a really really long time

Super Scooter

Reaction score
WOW Super Scoot, what an uplifting thought! Gosh, I hope you're right... Maybe after that they can release Muppets Tonight! on DVD finally!
Oh, yeah! Wasn't that one of the original plans? Once all of The Muppet Show came out, I think they were considering a Muppets Tonight DVD. It would only need one collection, so it wouldn't be too much to put together, I wouldn't think. That'd be awesome! Say what you want, I liked Muppets Tonight.

:shifty: :rolleyes: :shifty:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Okay, so I don't have this yet. Thinking of buying it for myself as a birthday present... >< Obviosuly as a muppet fan I am obligated tog et it, but I want to know everyone's opinions: how "worth it" is it?