Your Thoughts: The Muppets Green Album

What is your favorite song from The Green Album?

• The Muppet Show Theme - OK Go

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Rainbow Connection - Weezer

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Mahna Mahna - The Fray

• Movin' Right Along - Alkaline Trio

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Our World - My Morning Jacket

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Halfway Down The Stairs - Amy Lee

• Mr. Bassman - Sondre Lerche

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Wishing Song - The Airborne Toxic Event

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Night Life - Brandon Saller

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Bein' Green - Andrew Bird

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I Hope That Something Better Comes Along - Matt Nathanson

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I'm Going to Go Back There Someday - Rachael Yamagata

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beginning Tuesday August 16, we'll be playing all the songs from The Muppets Green Album on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to Muppet Central Radio on Live365 or Radio Terra. You can also stream the entire album from NPR's website for a limited time beginning today.

Download or order The Muppets Green Album which officially debuts next Tuesday August 23. Since most of us will be getting "The Green Album", we'd like to mention that if you order the set from Amazon using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly and help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the album with a low-price guarantee. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

Once you listen to "The Muppets Green Album", post here and let us know your thoughts on this anticipated release.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Will be writing a full review later (am debating whether i want to write it for the Mindset ... been burned a couple of times with my articles being edited to the point of losing the meaning... or just posting it here.)

But my fave track so far is definately Our World - that's the one i would most likely be listening to over and over even if it wasn't a Muppet cover. Runner-up: I'm Going to Go Back There Someday.

Biggest flaw: none of the tracks are bad...but whenever someone does a cover, they need to have something of their own to add or basically there's no reason to listen to it if the original was already excellent. Some of the tracks fall into the category of not taking that needed extra step but i'll go into more detail when i post the full review.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Think I'll wait until this is reduced to 2.99 or something. Sure it won't be long, I'll only listen once then put it on the shelf to gather dust! Really not doing it for me this album. Sorry!

Chris

LisaMonster

Reaction score
My favourite is probably Andrew Bird's Bein' Green, but I'm a big Andrew Bird fan to begin with.

Movin' Right Along, Halfway Down the Stairs, Mr. Bassman, and Rainbow Connection are all up there, too.

I'm digging this album.

Reaction score
I'm going to go Back There Someday.

Of course, it was already one of my favorites, but she did an amazing job.

I like the album over all, though not as much as I was hoping. Did anyone else have problems hearing Mr. Bassman?

beaker

Reaction score
So Arcade Fire, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs/Karen O, James Murphy and LCD Soundsystem, MGMT, Vampire Weekend, Empire of the Sun, Flaming Lips, Phoenix, Mumford and Suns, Beirut, The Decemberists, Silversun Pickups, Animal Collective, etc were busy?

I guess I'm just don't see the 90's mall pop punk sound reflective of today's best artists.
Most these are dated sounding bands Hot Topic tweens were big into a decade ago. I actually cringed listening to "Movin Right Along", which is by far my favorite all time Muppet song.

outerelf

Reaction score
I have to admit, I don't know very american bands, or bands at all really; so while I didn't really recognize anyone on the album I enjoyed listening to it.

But I will have to agree that it isn't something that I'll buy right away. it doesn't have the quality to stick in my head completely.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I liked the majority of it, but I'm also a fan of most of the artists involved. A couple of the songs were questionable for me, but for the most part I like it. I'm Going to Go Back There Someday reduced me to tears - beautiful cover of that one.