1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 103 - Bear Left Then Bear Write

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Oct 6, 2015.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Bear Left Then Bear Write"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

32 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

15 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Tonight make plans to watch "The Muppets" new episode "Bear Left Then Bear Write" at 8|7c on ABC. Then join the discussion immediately afterwards in the Muppet Central Forum.

Episode 103 - "Bear Left Then Bear Write"

Kermit gives Fozzie advice that the bear, as usual, goes to extremes to heed, so Nick Offerman offers the gang a helping hand. Meanwhile, Christina Applegate is a guest on Miss Piggy's late-night show; and Pepe, Rizzo and Liam Hemsworth weigh in on Gonzo's online-dating problems.

If you missed "Bear Left Then Bear Write" or if you want to watch it again, this episode is now on-line.

[​IMG]

If you saw "Bear Left Then Bear Write" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Branky, JimAndFrank and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  2. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

This episode was MUCH better than last weeks episode and I really enjoyed it even though the subplot with gonzo was sad. Liam should be ashamed of himself doing that. Poor Gonzo.
    also chip is a very freaky looking muppet.

DARTH MUPPET likes this.
  3. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Another enjoyable episode. Loved the Kermit-Fozzie plot. Really displayed their friendship well. Tranquillized Fozzie was a riot! "Maybe we can use these to find my hat..."

Didn't care for the Gonzo subplot, honestly. Too harsh of an ending.

Piggy's plot was 'meh'. Admittedly laughed when she got arrested at the end.

And of course, Chip and Rowlf. Nuff said.

Btw the Swedish Chef joke was both funny and cringeworthy!

Duke Remington, JimAndFrank and Muppy like this.
  4. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

OMG, this episode was Hilarious! I love the plot with Fozzie in the woods and I love Chip the IT Guy!

It was also nice seeing more about Kermit & Fozzie's relationship. It was both Funny and Touching.

I think this is my Favorite episode of the Season so far! :) :o

beaker and Duke Remington like this.
  5. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I took all of these notes while watching the show yesterday.......

There was a nice focus shift on this episode from Kermit/Piggy to Kermit/Fozzie. The guest stars were great once again and it was cool to see Chip join the group for this round (He’s the IT Guy).

The Highlights:

This exchange:

Swedish Chef: No! No! Me-gan!

Applegate: Oh, YOU’RE Megan? You go girl! Live your truth!

The way Swedish Chef snapped his fingers and just worked the moment killed me! Couldn’t stop laughing!!!

· Gonzo’s a ‘cute little elephant beaver’!

· Kermit trying to pose as a baseball trophy. I love how there are moments that work really well because they are handled so naturally.

· Rowlf’s Tavern!!

· Yolanda for the win!!!

· “Just so you know. The tagline was ‘Sex it to me, Sokky Boys!!!!”

Kermit and Fozzie’s friendship was explored and portrayed quite well here. Kermit was being his typical self and lying for the sake of Fozzie’s feelings. Fozzie deciding to try and write a movie all by himselfin retaliation was very in character (and of course he goes to the woods to do so!). The frog’s and bear’s camaraderie was wonderful to see. The best example being the ‘You’re the man!’ throw-back-and-forth during the show.

· Also, this exchange:

Fozzie: Have you ever been shot by a tranquilizer dart?

Kermit: No, but I licked my third cousin once and the walls started melting, so I feel you bro.

Fozzie: Ye-yeah. We are bro-thers, aren’t we?

Kermit offering to turn the sketch into a project they can work on together was a fantastic and sweet resolution to the A-story line. I really enjoyed this particular story-arc and I hope we get similar stories in the future.

· TRANQUILISED FOZZIE IS SO ADORABLE!!! I would love to see him drunk at a party.

The Lowlights:

· The Miss Piggy vs Applegate thing was quite boring and very typical of the Piggy I don’t like. It was more of a weak filler than anything else and I’m glad it didn’t take up too much screen time. Piggy really needs a lot of character development before the writers can start to put her in situations where she’s not accomplishing anything.

· Ditto for Gonzo’s online dating B-storyline. It was fun to have Gonzo, Rizzo and Pepe, sure. And Liam Hemsworth is always great! But again, it really did feel like filler material.

The Count and Mo Frackle like this.
  6. ploobis

The show is Definitely getting Better with each episode!

Duke Remington likes this.
  7. Ladywarrior

one question when the wind blew up when fozzie was in the woods did it make fozzie's tent fly away? If so that was hilarious. This episode is much better than last week's as I said already

8. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Glad to see Rowlf back, if only for a little bit. The bar set looks great, so I assume we'll be returning here for more episodes soon.

I liked the episode, though it did seem like they were trying to fit in too much in their 22 minutes again. The Nick Offerman subplot, although funny with his requests, seemed like it needed another scene with him actually announcing. Same with Gonzo's storyline. Perhaps the show needs to focus on just an A and B plot instead of A/B/C due to time constraints.

But there were still great jokes, seeing Fozzie's tent blow away while he was talking, him swallowing a bug, no one knowing who Chip was, Sam talking about how unfunny Fozzie was. And it was good to see Kermit realize the error of his ways and come clean to Fozzie. All in all, another good episode that keeps the show on a promising streak.

9. Ladywarrior

Also for the most part everyone seems to be more in character this time without any weird humor. I hope something good happens for gonzo in the next episode or soon because his plot was depressing. Maybe camilla (which chicken) will come back.
    also Denise is adorable.

10. ploobis

It would be nice to see what happened between Gonzo and Camilla in a future episode.

Maybe she flew the coop! LOL!!! just kidding. :cluck:

11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

This show really has shown signs of being better with every episode. Not that I didn't like the first two episodes, but I think maybe the Kermit and Fozzie A Plot really spoke to me. Fozzie was always one of my favorites, and it was also great to see Kermit spending the episode with another character besides Piggy.

Also great to see more of the Late Night Piggy show. Got to admit I also didn't think that B story was that great, but I loved the fact Scooter played a big role in it. Somehow, it seems like a plotline from MT, which they would have stretched it out more. And at least it's funnier than what could have been done with that gag in the show. While the Gonzo subplot wasn't great either, I have to admit, there seems to be potential in Gonzo's internet dating exploits. I did, however, love the puppet for Debbie. I doubt we'd see too much more of her, but it's great to see another female Muppet character on the show. And seriously, Yolanda is becoming the Ensemble Darkhorse of the series.

I'd say, outside of the Kermit Fozzie storyline, the big highlight was Nick Offerman. I agree. There needs to be more scenes with him. I hope that he comes back again in a future episode. Maybe with his wife, Megan Mullaly. And I really liked seeing Chip as well, though it would have been funnier had they recycled the "Was I in Muppet Treasure Island" gag from the pitch.

Only thing that I can really complain about is how my local station boned the opening by running one extra commercial, and it cut into the first few lines of the episode. I HATE when local stations pull crap like that.

12. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

The Kermit/Fozzie plot was perfect. Adorable and true friendship. The first time I have really felt the pairing of Kermit and Fozzie in a long time.

But goodness gracious anything with Steve and Bill riffing off one another is KILLING me! I hope we find out a little bit down the line that those two improv half their lines. They have gotten so good at playing off one another.

Duke Remington and The Count like this.
  13. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Definitely agree about Yolanda, she's definitely getting a lot of good lines and the role as Kermit's secretary should give her plenty of opportunity to stick around. Her and Big Mean Carl make quite the support staff.

beaker, Duke Remington and sarah_yzma like this.
  14. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wow this episode was so good! So many things just made this the best episode so far!!

15. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

To be completely honest, the only part of the episode that I didn't like was Nick Offerman. I didn't find him funny at all to be honest.

16. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

This episode was good. I liked that Debbie was a caricature of Debbie McClellan. I liked that we finally saw Rowlf's Tavern and Chip was kinda funny. I liked Applegate thinking the Chef was saying his name was Meegan and he snaps his fingers.

17. drteethcool

drteethcool Member

I missed the opening and the first few minutes.
    But the rest was really funny. :D:sing::flirt::cool::halo::sympathy:

18. Ladywarrior

and we all know miss piggy putting her face in the cake was hilarious!

19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I also rather liked Sam's line about he always liked Fozzie routine being clean...just not funny.

20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

This was a good episode.

Love all the obscure characters getting nitch roles within the production staff: Chip as the IT guy, Big Mean Carl as the receptionist, Yolanda (thought she was a PA, but her working as Kermit's secretary makes sense).
    Seems Denise has been dumped in favor of Yolanda.
    Debbie was a Muppet? Thought she'd be an actual woman like Betty and Kim.
    Liked the line about how Kermit doesn't care for pumpkin flavored beer at Rowlf's tavern.
    So they reused the line about Rowlf's surgery and actually showed him chewing through the cone of shame.
    Fozzie getting shot with a tranq dart at Big Bear Mountain Park. Guess they had one too many incidents with bears wearing hats and ties stealing campers' pickinick baskets.
    "Panda Express next to the Foot Locker... Oh wait, I'm thinking of the Glendale Galleria." that's classic funny.

Just hope we don't have to wait too long for that movie about the porcupine lady buying socks for her love interest.