1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 103 - Bear Left Then Bear Write

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Oct 6, 2015.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Bear Left Then Bear Write"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

32 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

15 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%

1. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Loved this episode! Show gets better every week!

2. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I also really loved the look on Kermit's face when he stares at Gonzo for not telling him about the Christina's surprise video clip!

Duke Remington and sarah_yzma like this.
  3. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Oooh! Almost forgot, loved seeing Sweetums ride by the soundstage on a bicycle! Reminds me of the days when Big Bird would roam Sesame on wheels.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Another thing, seems like Kermit knows how to use his fancy shmancy tekky phone. At least better than Fozzie. How do we turn it off from the map ap? And now we're on Angry Birds. Oh, and that lady's lying about the directions, it tends to get stuck in a loop when you're driving down a path already taken before.

Duke Remington and sarah_yzma like this.
  5. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

I'm kind of curious as to whether Jack Black will be one of the guest stars in the next episode. It'd be funny if he makes a reference to the 2011 film and how he had to be forced to do the telethon.

Duke Remington likes this.
  6. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

also if he talks about the hobos that made him their king.

7. drteethcool

drteethcool Member

I think the Band needs there own episode.
    Tonight was really good.

Branky and Duke Remington like this.
  8. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

just as long as it's not about them being pot heads. yeah don't think I didn't catch that drug joke from floyd. Those "jokes" are STILL not funny.

drteethcool likes this.
  9. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

Very funny, loved it! Seems better every week.
    "Elephant Beaver", LMAO!!! ;)

10. drteethcool

drteethcool Member

I agree drug jokes are not funny.

11. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I agree, the drug references are getting old. Gonzo showing the surprise clip and Kermit not wanting to, that was a great scene, I think that was one of the craziest things Gonzo has done. I think if Miss Piggy found out he put it on the show, he would've been karate chopped into a pulp!

By the way, whatever happened between Gonzo and Camilla? Why was he online dating? That seemed weird to me. The "You're the man" exchanges between Kermit and Fozzie, that was pretty funny and Fozzie not completely used to using an iPhone that was good, too. I loved how Kermit went in depth in to his friendship with Fozzie.

Once again, Miss Piggy using Scooter as a pawn for her schemes, at least this time, it backfires completely!

Branky and drteethcool like this.
  12. drteethcool

drteethcool Member

I say Give the band more lines.
    No Drug jokes and Maybe not have a frog buy a beer.
    Other then that I think this show is great.
    Oh and we need Doglion or did i miss seeing him.

13. Big Bird Fan

Big Bird Fan Active Member

"I had an opportunity to go to medical school. Turns out they just wanted to dissect me."

I know it's only the third episode, but this is easily the funniest joke the show has done. I love it when they take advantage of the fact that some of them are animals. :)

Which brings me to the Fozzie plot. It was so nice to finally see an episode about his and Kermit's friendship. It felt like a classic Muppets plot but with a bit of a modern twist. And then we get the gold that is everyone acting like Fozzie is some wild animal. I especially loved that family that ran screaming after finding out a bear was around. Thank goodness Kermit was there, or who knows what they would've done after tranquilizing him!

And I'll echo what others have said about Yolanda. As a girl, I love seeing other female Muppets get a nice amount of screen time.

Hopefully those that weren't fond of the first two episodes (the public in general, I know Muppet fans here will keep watching) saw this one. I think it'll have a greater appeal among those who were missing classic Muppets.

14. drteethcool

drteethcool Member

I think it was a good thing they did not use Walter for this show.
    I don't think he would fit well here.
    don't get me wrong I like Walter, He might not be one of my favorites but i do like him. I just don't know how he would fit here.

Muppy likes this.
  15. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Reminds me of something I thought a long time ago. I thought that, while the regular-sized Muppets could ride bikes, it'd ironically be more challenging for the full-body characters, as I assumed that all full-bodied Muppets (besides the Gorgs) were performed the same way as Big Bird, with one arm in the air to operate the head, and thought it'd be hard to ride a bicycle using just one hand on the handle (without thinking that the bulky size or limited vision might be difficult as well).

16. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

Another solid episode! Fozzie getting tranquilized and the after effects was hilarious! I'm so happy the show is doing well in the ratings!

17. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well on The Muppet Show ,Scooter was the assisstant/intern backstage but on the new show he's been promoted to talent coordinator.I think it might work pretty well if Walter were to take over Scooter's original "gofer" job.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  18. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

This episode was really great, much better than the pilot, I'm glad they did not end up going with the typical, charater 1 trys to tell character 2 they are bad at something, but character 2 is so nice to them that character 1 can never say that, instead Kermit went and told Fozzie his material was bad on the phone. I like the Kermit and Fozzie plot, finally Kermit actually gets to interact with Fozzie in the show, and Rowlf gets a short, but hilarious scene, at least he gets to talk, and actually be himself. The Miss Piggy and Scooter plot was nice, reminisent of the TMS days when Scooter would help out with Miss Piggy's schemes, like in the episode where Miss Piggy trys to get Kermit to give her a bigger role on the show. The Gonzo plot was funny, but I wanted a little more out of it, and the funniest part was Fozzie getting tranquillized, and it was really funny when Miss Piggy got arrested. Overal, really good episode, and I hope they steer clear of typically storylines, and if they do not, at least add a twist to them. Also, I wonder what happened to Denise not that I really liked her, it was so heavily emphasized that Kermit has a new girlfriend, if she doesn't appear by episode 5, I will assume she was just one of those characters that seem like are going to be a large part of the show, but end up never appearing on the show after it, also what happened to Fozzie's girlfriend, is she going to appear again on the show. Also, I agree that while I have nothing against Walter, that he does not belong on this show, he really would not add much, and the writers would struggle trying to figure out his character outside of being a muppet fan.

Branky and drteethcool like this.
  19. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

My favorite part was all the bad things happening to Piggy, including her get arrested at the end. All that made me LOL! :laugh:

It's great to actually see Piggy finally be a victim of Laser-Guided Karma again and actually getting her comeuppance when she does something really bad and deserves to get punished, just like in the Muppet Show days.

Hope Bill Prady and company continue on this path to redeeming Piggy as a character and making her complex again. :)

20. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

Loved it, I agree they get better every week. I don't mind the Drug jokes personally and in this one loved the reference to Kermit Drinking Sam Adams Pumpkin Spice and not liking it but right next to him you can see Fozzie finished his beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):o