1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 104 - Pig Out

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Oct 13, 2015.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig Out"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Again, quit being the Muppet martyr. ;)

Since when does preferring Jim Henson's work (how utterly foolish and unheard of!) equal quitting the franchise?

Wow...I'm kind of at a loss for words right now...

OK...glad you approve...

Ruahnna likes this.
  2. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

I have one thing to say about this thread right now...
    [​IMG]

Ruahnna and heralde like this.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Hey. One thing we can ******* agree to.

4. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

That is a weird part of the show.

I wonder if they've thought about it that much, but something's told me they haven't thought about it at all.

That would've been a good closer to the episode (having him stumbling around, looking for his glasses).

I don't get why you are trying to hammer this in. This is not a thing at all. I haven't heard anyone on here ask for a Muppet Show 2.0. They are just disgusted by some of the juvenile humor and "The Muppets" brand not being used to its full potential, as in they are restricting them by trying to have them be like humans.

The one note I agree with you on is that I'm doubtful for a second season as well. :( This very well may be "it" for the Muppets. They already had their movie that banked on 20-year nostalgia, so that isn't going to happen again in 2035. I mean, they will still probably make appearances on TV shows and stuff, and there is always Sesame Street...

I think you are wrong on a lot. The audience is not prudish, the Zoot joke was just completely stupid and not funny in the slightest. I wouldn't care if Janice was running around topless and all of this crazy stuff was going on as long as it was tasteful, genuine humor. And the audience's 'prudishness' in reality has nothing to do with it, because that doesn't show up in the ratings. The amount of viewers is what matters, not their opinion of the material. I know those go hand-in-hand, but some people will watch it just because it's The Muppets.

I could at least understand where he was coming from there. I guess I could agree that it was The Muppet Show of the '90s.

No they are not, especially the people on this forum. I don't even know why I'm taking this side of the argument though, because I think this new show is pretty good. I do understand their issues with the show at the same time though. They just want good content, end of story. They don't care in what context.

Drtooth, do you have any criticisms with the new show, or is it all just fine and dandy?

This is me right here. I was born in '94, grew up on Sesame Street, discovered The Muppet Show through those Time Life VHS infomercials... I am not an old-school fan, just a fan.

Ruahnna and heralde like this.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

My only criticism is that they try to shove too much into an episode. The show does indeed have room for improvement, but by all means, if I'm not saying anything vehemently negative that's because the Muppets are capable of far worse. And if this is as good as it gets I'm fine with it. I just don't want MFS style lobotomized Stepford Kermit ever again.

Duke Remington and Pig's Laundry like this.
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

And I went for 10 years of my life before even knowing The Muppet Show existed.

Ladywarrior likes this.
  7. Ladywarrior

herald I didn't know the muppet show existed until I was 14 and only by a mention in a Baby-Sitter's Club book!

heralde likes this.
  8. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I consider myself just a fan of the Muppets, as well. I'm more familiar with the Sesame Street characters anyway, which is why I spend more time on those boards. I only really got into these Muppets recently, so I don't have as strong an attachment to the old-school series as many others on here.

Anyway, what a fun ride this has been. I'm glad to be a part of it. :)

heralde and Duke Remington like this.
  9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

What is going on here? Heralde - I thought you and Drtooth were pals?

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  10. Muppetgirl09

Muppetgirl09 Well-Known Member

Had anyone noticed that Denise wasn't in any other episode of this series, except the first one? I loved this episode! I love how Kermit had to get all rough for the show. I know that the question might be asked already, but I was curious. I can't wait for the next one!

Duke Remington likes this.
  11. Blue Frackle

I can agree on that point.

12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I know what you mean. The show seems to have multiple plots and it's hard to fit everything in the half hour format. This seemed to work on varitey shows. But on this type of show, the conflict resolution often feels rushed. Maybe they should have made the show an hour long or something like that.

13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

That's very common for really any series you see on TV: M*A*S*H was really the one who pioneered multiple storylines per episode later in their run, but SEINFELD is often cited as turning it into a trend, though it was more noticeable and forefront, considering SEINFELD's main cast consisted of four people, and each one of them usually had their own plotline in each episode. Once a standard is set by a successful series, they're usually pretty hard for ensuing series to shake 'em.

14. Blue Frackle

All they need is plots A and B. Get rid of C.

15. Ladywarrior

the issue with this though is when seinfeld was on there were fewer commercials on than now.

16. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

The next episode better get great ratings. If this is cancelled, I'm going to give those One Millions Witches a piece of my mind! So, come on guys! Watch that show, and I mean everybody watch it if you love the muppets!

17. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

A factor that needs to be taken into consideration here is that the show is still in its infancy (only a measly 4 episodes in, which were meant to set things up like the format, some of the character dynamics, etc.) and has some kinks to work out.

It can be easy to forget that The Muppet Show started out in a similar place before finding its groove. Its first season was spent doing a lot of experimenting, finding out what did or didn't work, tweaking the format, developing the characters, etc.

Also the fact that The Muppet Show was more gag-centric in the first season and became more character-based in the second season and beyond. The second season was also when the show's popularity truly began to kick in.

It seems to me that the new show shall go through a similar transformation as it continues to find its footing.

MuppetsRule likes this.
  18. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Just to let you know, kids shows have made references to hangovers. In the SpongeBob Movie, SpongeBob and Patrick spend a night in a bar eating ice cream and the next morning Sponge wakes up with a headache. In an episode of Fairly OddParents, Cosmo, Wanda and Jorgan have too much candy and soda from a party and Timmy has to give them Alka Seltzer.

Duke Remington likes this.
  19. Ladywarrior

Question. why isn't animal on a chain anymore and why isn't floyd holding onto it to keep him from going after women... then again WHY ISN'T ANIMAL GOING CRAZY OVER PRETTY WOMEN?!

heralde and dwayne1115 like this.
  20. Blue Frackle

But this isn't a kids show.

Ladywarrior likes this.