The Muppets Episode 4 - Pig Out

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig Out"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I dunno. 2nd in it's time slot is fairly good.
2.9 to 2.0 to 1.7 to 1.3 is not good, huge declines, the timeslot thing is irrevelant to the fact that it lost more than 50% of its audience in four episodes, it still has a chance, if it goes up, but below a 1.2, and it is dead meat, sadly.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
well even with my complaints about the show I'm sticking it out. but i think the whole skipping it next week for great pumpkin won't help it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think one reason that less people are watching, is for the fact that the marketing for this show was based on Kermit and Piggy's breakup. Then in the first show we see the breakup and how it has affected them both. The last three shows however have not dealt with there breakup as much, and I think that was what people wanted to see. Everyone loves the frog and pig relationship whether it is in it's highs or lows. That is what people wanna see, and they are not.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
IMHO the ratings are slipping because people want to see the Muppets. They aren't getting that. They are getting The Office with puppets. Any body here is going to watch it regardless. But the casual fan, the nostalgic fan, people like Ladywarrior's mom, are expecting to see the Muppets they knew. ABC promoted the heck out of this show. That drew a big audience the first night as people were curious and wanting to see the Muppets again. They tuned in each subsequent episode hoping still to see the Muppets. As each episode airs they are realizing they aren't going to get the Muppets of yesteryear and slowly turning elsewhere. Bad news is they are not watching the show. The good news is that it shows there is still an appetite for the Muppets. Will ABC and the writers get this though and amend the direction they are taking the Muppets?

Just my 2 cents worth.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Here's a good ratings comparison for the muppets

The Goldbergs went from 3.1 to 2.2 to 1.9 to 1.6, similar to the muppets, the fifth episode went up, let's hope the muppets does the same.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
IMHO the ratings are slipping because people want to see the Muppets. They aren't getting that. They are getting The Office with puppets. Any body here is going to watch it regardless. But the casual fan, the nostalgic fan, people like Ladywarrior's mom, are expecting to see the Muppets they knew. ABC promoted the heck out of this show. That drew a big audience the first night as people were curious and wanting to see the Muppets again. They tuned in each subsequent episode hoping still to see the Muppets. As each episode airs they are realizing they aren't going to get the Muppets of yesteryear and slowly turning elsewhere. Bad news is they are not watching the show. The good news is that it shows there is still an appetite for the Muppets. Will ABC and the writers get this though and amend the direction they are taking the Muppets?

Just my 2 cents worth.
Well we are still only 4 shows in. So hopefully with trial and error and the faith that ABC has in the Muppets. They can gain some viewers instead of loss them. Remember we still have Christmas coming up, and if it is one thing the Muppets know how to do it's celebrate Christmas.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Well we are still only 4 shows in. So hopefully with trial and error and the faith that ABC has in the Muppets. They can gain some viewers instead of loss them. Remember we still have Christmas coming up, and if it is one thing the Muppets know how to do it's celebrate Christmas.
I sure hope you're right.

beaker

Reaction score
I loved the A story and chemistry, didn't care for the obligatory Fozzie B-story(please tell me Fozzie is every b-story focus?) I liked Sam's crush on Janice. The part where Sam is doing a karaoke devoted to Janice, but Janice is on her phone is so spot on regarding society today. Scooter without glasses? Loved the gimmick.

Loved how Ed Helms tried to swoon Pam by singing the Muppet movie song on his banjo, and here he is mentioning how he plays banjo to the Muppets. Also loved they were singing to The B-52s Love Shack, and referenced Chuck E Cheese.

But man...people were taking to twitter and facebook to complain about Electric Mayhem being recreation pot smokers? Last night almost the entire Muppet crew got smashed. Not buzzed or drunk but straight up smashed. Pepe still drunk at lunchtime was pretty funny tho.

Two more things:
- The morning meetings are my fave segment of the new series

- Very happy how many women are at the forefront of the new series
(besides Piggy, Yolanda and lately Janice) ...and hopefully back soon, Denise.

I just wish the human workers who work with the Muppets had speaking roles.

beaker

Reaction score
I have nothing to say about this episode. I have no idea what TO say, except Janice BETTER not have broken up with Floyd or I will be VERY angry.
I don't think any of the classic couples are together anymore. It's definitely clear Kermit/Piggy and Gonzo/Camilla are no longer a thing. So wouldn't be surprised if Janice and Floyd are no longer together. Pretty much guessing she's not with Floyd given how Ed Helms was wooing her the whole night.

They rebuilt so many TMS era classic characters for the 2011 movie, that I'm hoping some of them at least get a cameo. Which would include the second most famous TMS couple, Wayne and Wanda.:smile: