1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 104 - Pig Out

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Oct 13, 2015.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig Out"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

1. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Ya, how about Kermit being really mean to Gonzo in season 1 and the Paul Simon episode, he really emphasized how much he though his act was terrible and criticized him, and about the Zoot joke from episode 2, there was a much dirtier joke in oh so kid friendly TM'11

Miss Piggy: I don't think so "looks down" sister?

2. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

It's not in much danger at the moment, Fresh off the Boat got a 1.3 before, its just that people expected 3.0s every week for a high profile property like the muppets, I have heard mostly positive reviews for this episode online compared to the other episodes which were mostly really mixed, the majority of people have called it the best episode so far. I hope this leads to a ratings increase for the next episode, but it can not go down, any lower than a 1.3 means danger, but I have hope that it stabilizes in the 1.4-1.7 range which would be good, and would get it a renewal, but here's an article with some great stuff.

http://www.thewrap.com/the-muppets-ratings-slide-but-kermit-still-has-tricks-up-his-sleeve/

Sheild last year got a 1.59 average, pretty low, but it still got renewed, because they were more or less solid ratings, not what they expected, but because it was a Disney property, it also got a 1.3 for its 2 hour finale, so Disney properties have edge on ABC, hopefully the ratings stablilize though.

3. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

Ummm.. Robin is only 5 yeas old! Who would let a five year old get plastered?

Blue Frackle likes this.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

If this was still a UK show maybe? Hehe

5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

All jokes are not created equal. Just because a joke on Muppet Show is surface level similar to this new show doesn't mean it's of the same spirit. When Kermit put down their acts on Muppet Show, it was because he was the long suffering straight man who had to put up with their weird tastes. This new show seems to think Muppet Show Kermit was weak somehow and the way to "rectify" this is to make him just plain mean.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    Ruahnna and Ladywarrior like this.
  6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

I think other than Kermit she's only named Scooter, Beaker and Chef so far. I don't even know if Chef counts. That's just like if she called Fozzie "bear". Even in the first episode, when Fozzie called her she was like "Who are you?". I don't remember that being part of Piggy's character. My whole theory on why she knows only knows certain characters names is:

;) - he is her slave
    :hungry: - he can't talk back to her
    :eek: - he can't talk back to her

The whole point for me was not that it was a dirty joke, but that it was an incredibly stupid, uncomfortable joke. It was a total *facepalm* moment.

heralde likes this.
  7. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

This argument is not going to progress too far if all people keep bringing up are facts. (odd as that sounds). Yes, Kermit can be and has been mean, sarcastic, snide and at times has put the production over his friends. Miss Piggy can be and has been a diva, jealous, insecure and to a lesser extent ruthless. To me the issue in question is tone. I think the new show is very good and funny. I think it will become great and have the added heart that is now lacking if they tweak the tone of these two characters. The tone of the Electric Mayhem also needs a small tweak. We know they like pot but that's not their only reason for being. Also, have Fozzie and Gonzo interact a bit more with other characters. Keep Yolanda, Carl, Scooter and Deadly as they are. Stir. Mix in a bit more Rowlf. Don't forget the longer story arcs - which based on a piece I read they will pick up some recurring plots. And voila the show (in my mind) goes from B+ to A+ Now let me just sit down and write a letter to the powerful person in charge who can effect these changes. Ahem, Dear, Mr. The Frog....

Duke Remington and Muppy like this.
  8. Ladywarrior

If they do a halloween episode I wanna see the muppets dressed up in costumes. Maybe gonzi dress as batman or something. It would be a riot if hey all dressed up and id halloweeny things. Maybe robin can want kermit to take him out trick or treating and fozzie winds up doing it instead and shenanigans happen. XD

dwayne1115 likes this.
  9. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Definitely. Robin needs some airtime on this show. He hasn't been around much since Jerry's passing, so it would be nice to see what Matt can do with him.

Fozzie taking Robin trick-or-treating might be an interesting idea too. Reminds me of that Family Matters episode where Waldo took Richie trick or treating, but came back with the wrong kid. That would be a typical thing for Fozzie to do as well. :)

10. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

No, no--Piggy knows Zoot's name. ZOOT doesn't remember his own name....

dwayne1115 and heralde like this.
  11. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

Look, he just skipped a grove again. Could happen to anybody. Well almost anybody.

dwayne1115 and heralde like this.
  12. Ladywarrior

13. WebMistressGina

WebMistressGina Well-Known Member

Ha! What is that from??

14. Ladywarrior

15. WebMistressGina

WebMistressGina Well-Known Member

Heck to the yeah! THough...question - who exactly is playing Snow White? Is that Denise? Interesting concept, though it does seem odd that Piggy would be the Evil Queen in this, especially if Kermit is supposed to be Prince Charming...

16. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Snow White is played by Spamela Hamderson (she starred in the "Bay of Pigswatch" sketches on Muppets Tonight and was the original puppet used for Denise, before she was rebuilt).

17. Iscah

Iscah Active Member

I haven't watched Muppets Tonight so I'm not familiar with Spamela (or the fairytale Muppet comics, for that matter), but I would have thought Annie Sue would have worked well for Snow White, versus Piggy as the jealous Queen?

18. Out of all the episodes I've seen in the first few weeks, this is definitely my favorite episode EVER! :) Here are the reasons:
    1. Ed Helms guest starred in the episode :flirt:
    2. The Muppets and Ed singing karaoke, which I thought was awesome! :sing:
    3. Sam was beginning to have a crush on Janice, even though she's Floyd's girl. Personally, I'm for Janice and Floyd as an item. :attitude::flirt::sing:
    4. I loved the jokes: The one Beaker told really made me laugh, especially when Dr. Teeth said "me, me, me!" :D, and when Piggy said: "Hello, My name is fun. Is this where I come to be murdered?" also made me LOL!

This is definitely my favorite episode of the whole show!:excited:

Duke Remington likes this.
  19. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

A week late, but awesome episode! So many highlights...

- Statler getting some sort of comeuppance, even though Fozzie still doesn't win in the end.
    - Waldorf being taken to a morgue.
    - Sam's crush for Janice. I like the idea that Sam has feelings for someone totally different from him. It's becoming more and more clear that Sam just wants to cut loose. But the poor guy has no idea how to get Janice's attention.
    - The Swedish Chef in the background, tasting food and then placing it back on the table.
    - Bunsen's Ph.D reference.
    - Beaker's impression of Miss Piggy.
    - Pepe getting plastered.
    - Scooter 'swearing.'
    - Ed Helms sitting on Yolonda's lap.
    - Kermit doing his best to be a good boss.

Something was missing, though. Much of the episode takes place at Rowlf's Tavern. Where's Rowlf?

Duke Remington likes this.
  20. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Rowlf appears briefly in the background during the scene where Beaker does his Piggy imitation.

Mo Frackle likes this.