1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 105 - Walk the Swine

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Oct 27, 2015.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Walk the Swine"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

1. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Sorry I haven't been around much to give my thoughts on the previous few episodes (schoolwork got into my way as always), but this week's episode was too good not to be talked about!! Anyways...

I gotta say Steve, David, and Eric really got to shine in this particular episode! Favorite parts included...

1. The whole fight between Miss Piggy and Reese (the "I'm Sorry" song was truly the icing on the cake!!)
    2. Fozzie being in tears after Becky and several other Muppets sang "True Colors" (extra points for Zoot playing a riff of it on his saxophone) (Overall I loved how Becky managed to get revenge on Fozzie!)
    3. Rizzo trying to get his relatives involved with Scooter's car trouble (I hope to see more from those two together! They really make a spectacular duo!)

MY FAVORITE EPISODE OVERALL...for now at least!!!!!!!!

2. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I think they're trying to turn Floyd into a redneck. He has something of a southern accent. I don't remember Jerry performing him with one.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Didn't know where to post this but we got a full season! It's only 3 extra episodes for a total of 16 episodes but still yay!!

http://bit.ly/1Wm9bVJ

4. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

So I saw a preview commercial for next week's episode seems denise is going to show up again.
    I wonder if they know how OOC that would be? Floyd, well sergeant floyd seemed pretty liberal in anything I saw him in wouldn't liberal redneck be an oxymoron? Also a redneck cannot be "hip". Like I said floyd always acted like a snarky cool dude musician in everything else he's been. The thing I hate the most is people rewriting how a character that has been around for over 40 years acts for the sake of being "up to date". *facepalm* Hip musician =///= paranoid redneck. and yes I will complain about it because the electric mayhem are some of my favorite characters I WILL call them out if they mess them up.

heralde, Blue Frackle and LaRanaRene like this.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That would be a shame, if the writers instantly connect a southern accent with questionable intelligence. That was never the point of the character. But I imagine that's a stereotype many Hollywood writers love nowadays.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Actually,the redneck stereotype in fiction seems to be used a lot less than it once was.

heralde likes this.
  7. heralde

Perhaps you're right, I've just met far too many artsy types lately who revel in that stereotype a little too much out of some misguided political loyalty.

8. Ladywarrior

seems somebody needs to watch the muppet show a few times to figure out how he acts.

also his new voice makes him sound like an old chain smoker.

LaRanaRene and heralde like this.
  9. oknazevad

oknazevad New Member

I don't think they're turning him into a redneck at all. They've definitely got a "conspiracy theorist" vibe going, but that's not a redneck trait, per se. There's conspiracy theorists of all stripes, and a hippy conspiracy theorist is actually a pretty common, if old fashioned, take on the trope.

Duke Remington likes this.
  10. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

We know that a hippy conspiracy theorist is common. But the thing is; that's not Floyd.

heralde and Ladywarrior like this.
  11. Ladywarrior

exactly!

12. heralde

Well you know what the problem is, Floyd's thing on Muppet Show was that he was walking complaining to Kermit about how un-hip the show could be. But now with this new show, it's Kermit who acts like he doesn't want to be there.

13. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

@Duke Remington, you should hear JD Hansel, Jarrod Fairclough, and Darrin Granter discuss Piggy crying and how it's reminiscent of the Piggy that you guys miss. Listen from 36:39 to 41:55, 44:47 to 46:02, and 57:15 to 1:03:16. http://muppethub.com/ltm05/

14. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I sure did hear that. Loved it.

I just wish that certain other members on this forum would agree and see it that way, because Piggy's personality in the new series is indeed close to what it was in the old days and is slowly redeeming her as a character after over 15 years of her constantly getting Flanderized.

And even greater is the fact that we actually have a new weekly Muppet show that allows the characters to be deep and complex again and really close to how they used to be, especially Kermit and Piggy (unlike a lot of those stupid interviews and guest appearances that either Flanderized or derailed the characters). Another reason why we MUST continue supporting the show and saying more nice things about it, so it can increase its chances of getting more seasons for sure.

LaRanaRene and dwayne1115 like this.
  15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Piggy crying was definetly a nice emotional moment that we haven't seen in a long time

Duke Remington likes this.
  16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

While the Scooter and Rizzo subplot was one of the best things about this episode (along with the closing song), I must wonder what the deal with it is. So Rizzo talks Scooter out of getting his insurance involved by saying that he'll be labled an unsafe driver, and keeps scamming Scooter into getting relatives as clients.... What's the deal with this? Is Rizzo just trying to find work for his relatives? Is Rizzo uninsured and doesn't want to be caught?