The Muppets Episode 6 - The Ex-Factor

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "The Ex-Factor"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Oh my God I love this episode! Details at 11.......

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm smiling within the first 4 minutes. The Muppets seem nicer, Piggy seems more chill...

I like how Animal actually addresses Zoot by name. I don't think I've ever seen that before. It makes them seem more tight-nit.

I thought Zoot's cluelessness was genuinely funny. For some reason last week's episode did absolutely nothing for me but this episode was really good. I like it when the Muppets kind of seem like clueless, unsure children. Like when someone in the background requested Kermit get Denise a stapler as a present; Yikes!, lol. Piggy was great in this episode; this confident, nice yet snarky, in-control Piggy is cool.

Kermit was amazing in this episode. For once they actually did him right. This episode made me really happy. I thought I was just being once of those old, bitter people that wouldn't like anything they did just because it isn't the original group running things, but I'm glad to realize I'm not because they actually did good for once.

It seems like I'm the minority of disliking the whole Scooter mama's boy thing, but what else is new? They're adding a second layer of depth to all of these characters. He was already kind of lame to being with; they didn't have to bring him down another notch. It's kind of weird; Scooter was the clueless gopher on The Muppet Show who Kermit only gave a second thought because his uncle owned the theater, and now Kermit is taking life advice from him.

I didn't like Dr. Teeth being mean. It was funny when he was trying to grab Floyd's mustache, but it's like Scooter in the first episode; uncharacteristically mean.

The resolution to the EM plot was fine. Zoot was good in this episode, but it's sad to know something as simple as Kristin Chenoweth asking a question can tear them apart.

Janice was a bit too "out there" for my liking.

To me, there's no question :smile: & :mad: will get back together eventually. Kermit = Pam, Piggy = Jim and Denise = Roy. I just get the impression that Kermit isn't 100% all-in with Denise and he and Piggy will always be naturally drawn to each other.

The EM plot was nice because it's about freaking time they got their own story! I didn't expect them to bring up :sing::flirt: relationship, but I'm glad it was addressed even if it did cause some conflict. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for their next story. There's a great dynamic between them that's just begging to be explored more.
I don't know. I feel like if Chenoweth wasn't there they wouldn't have had anything to say.

And the reason why they were all being ... Mean to each other was because of Krisitn Chenowith (which was explicitly stated in the episode).
I have to agree with Ladywarrior here. All Chenoweth did was ask how long Floyd and Jancie were together and then Dr. Teeth got uncharacteristically rude, Janice got way too cosmic (I understand this is a new twist they are taking on her character), they actually did Floyd right for once and I like what they're doing with Zoot. I can't help but notice that all of the characters who are being performed by their original performers are doing the best so far.

I am aware janice used to date zoot but it feels wrong for her to be an item with teeth. he just feels too OLD for her. Sorry but I can't help thinking of him as Team Dad or something.
I never saw it that way, but there is some dynamic that doesn't make it feel right. Janice should not be passed around between each member in the group. The EM are not that low.

I kind of like how there are subdivisions of the characters. There's Kermit, Piggy, Scooter, Deadly and then there's Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepé and Chip and then the more obvious groups like the EM.

@charlietheowl OMG. Is your signature from 'Does Anybody Love You?' by Todd Rundgren?!

Now to travel into the "Kushell exits" thread to see what that's all about. *puts on hard hat*

ploobis

Reaction score
I love in the scene when :big_grin: pulls on :sing:'s mustache and Kristin tries to break it up you can see :big_grin:'s Long Skinny Arms stretching behind her!

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
blue frackle THAT is the biggest issue. It seems they're trying to make janice seem "empowered" but it makes her look cheap. I mean yeah she's the only female member but I think she has more self respect than to whore herself out like that. It isn't funny it makes her seem trashy.
Like I have said before my biggest beef with this show's characterization of EM is making them all one dimensional stereotypes. Making floyd a conspiracy theorist, making zoot a clueless stoner Janice being this weird new age.. thing? it greatly bothers me. :frown: I think these guys had more to heir characters than just that kind of thing. They seem to be the Family Guy versions of themselves...

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
blue frackle THAT is the biggest issue. It seems they're trying to make janice seem "empowered" but it makes her look cheap. I mean yeah she's the only female member but I think she has more self respect than to whore herself out like that. It isn't funny it makes her seem trashy.
Like I have said before my biggest beef with this show's characterization of EM is making them all one dimensional stereotypes. Making floyd a conspiracy theorist, making zoot a clueless stoner Janice being this weird new age.. thing? it greatly bothers me. :frown: I think these guys had more to heir characters than just that kind of thing. They seem to be the Family Guy versions of themselves...
You are 100% right. Those guys didn't even have those things to their characteristics though, that's the worst part. :frown: The only pass I could give them on is Zoot because he never really had anything going for him other than the silence, mystery and occasional grumble. It was surreal to hear him say more than five words in a row, and I'm fine with what they're doing with him.

Last edited:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
loved this episode Especially when The Electric Mayhem dumped Chenoweth in the Desert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!