1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 107 - Pig's in a Blackout

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Nov 10, 2015.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig's in a Blackout"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

45 vote(s)
    91.8%
  2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

Good episode but... I am wondering... what in the world is Janice smoking? She seems really out there. Like in the milky way.

and that jason person is a real jerk. Poor kermit.
    still wondering when uncle deadly get to have a plotline. He's so awesome.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Holy goodness they knocked it out of the park with this one!

All out Muppet mayhem! Rhonda once again proving she's now one of the top main characters. Rowlf finally has a scene! The Sam/Janice C-story is back!
    Jason the Bateman! Hilarious take on the obligatory Rainbow Connection!
    Glad Carl was back in full form. No Fozzie B story, thank goodness. Im loving the trio of Gonzo, Rizzo and Pepe as madcap writers. Tho Gonzo shined in a more heartfelt role. Scooter is trying to steer a crazy ship at Kermit's request, trying to be a good son...but still seems uh, in the closet.

Gonna have to rewatch this one to catch everything, but best episode so far of the new series. Hoping they keep getting better and better with writing and ratings!

3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

Gosh I loved this episode. Piggy and Denise competing while not being jerks to one another, Gonzo getting to be a piece in a storyline, Rowlf popping up for some great screen time, and Chip made some friends. Great stuff!

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

You can tell that when everything was falling apart that Kermit and Piggy still care deeply about each other. Did you notice that sine the show has began that this was the first time Piggy called Kermit Kirmy?
    They both still have strong feelings for one another, now if they would realize that themselves.

Big Bird Fan and Blue Frackle like this.
  5. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

True, which reminds me: It would've been nice to get some closure on Fozzie, even though we know he'll be fine.

Agreed. He is just such a professional and so good-hearted I don't have an issue with it.

Agreed. I don't like how a lot of the characters who didn't have much to them other than one thing are being developed into heavy stereotypes. I'm fine with what they're doing with Zoot, but Floyd being the paranoid conspiracy theorist, Janice is way too "out there" (that's never how she was portrayed or I envisioned her), I feel like Sam is a bit too light-hearted in this show; I don't really feel like the writers know the B-list characters all too well, or they're trying to rewrite them on very basic terms. Like Gonzo is the Gonzo we've always known but they have taken a completely new approach with Scooter. I just wish they were a little more faithful.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  6. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, The Muppets didn't do that bad last night, it was up against The Voice, and the shows after it barely did any better, in viewership muppets was the highest of the night for ABC, and Disney brand shows that are owned by ABC have a lot of leverage, it was probably just an off night, so we should keep our hopes up for the show.

Duke Remington and sarah_yzma like this.
  7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Anyone else realize the reused storyline, in the Nancy Walker TMS episode, Kermit has the swine flu, so Scooter and the rest struggle to put on the show, really great episode, but it doesn't really matter, because this episode was still really good, and I hope we get more quality episodes like this.

Duke Remington likes this.
  8. Ladywarrior

blue frackle janice has never acted that way before that's why you don't remember her being.. in space. yeah she liked organic food and stuff but she never acted like that. I hope she isn't on LSD or something weird like that.
    an no her and sam as a couple is gross and I really wish they'd drop the plot. I just hope floyd gets jealous and beats the tar out of him for trying.

Blue Frackle, heralde and dwayne1115 like this.
  9. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Not going to happen!!!

Duke Remington likes this.
  10. Ladywarrior

well that just stinks.

11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, the Electric Mayhem had such defined characters beforehand.

12. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Then I guess it might as well be uncharacteristic for Lips to be speaking full sentences, huh? :)

But in all seriousness, I don't see what the big deal is. I simply see it as the writers and performers playing around with the characters and trying to amuse themselves. To be honest, I'm satisfied enough with seeing the EM do something other than merely play back-up in musical numbers.

(though I will admit the drug references can get a bit stale after a while).

13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah the band especially Janice and Dr.Teeth never really had that much personality.They were the hip and down for anything group who laughed a lot and played instruments,that's about it. The members who had the strongest personalities were arguably Floyd and Animal but even they basically only had like two major personality traits each.

14. Ladywarrior

well sorry but I feel the way janice acts now as OOC to the tenth pwoer and it also mkes her EXTREMELY annoying which I never thought before. Pardon me if my views on the subjects bothers you so much, wait I'm NOT sorry as I am allowed to have my own opinion on how character is portrayed.

as for dr. teeth he had a pretty good character in the old stuff. no he wasn't used much but I got the jist of his personality.

Blue Frackle and heralde like this.
  15. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

No need to get upset.You shared your opinion and we shared ours'. Nobody's judging anybody here. I'm glad everyone has differing opinions,because if we didn't this would be a really boring world.

16. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Yeah, no harm meant, Ladywarrior. Nobody's right or wrong here.

Unrelated topic, but does Chip seem to be a semi-replacement for Beauregard? Dave and the writers are clearly enjoying themselves with Chip (can you blame them?). It's easy to see why they might overlook Beau. Chip's line about mopping a floor for the first time somehow struck me as Beau-esque (and not just because Beau is a janitor).

sarah_yzma and LaRanaRene like this.
  17. Ladywarrior

i wish they'd get rid of chip, myself. he terrifies me.

18. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

CHIP: "They were messing with me? I Have Friends!!!" :rolleyes: :shifty:

19. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Blue Frackle, I disagree. They ARE being faithful to the B-list characters.

Muppy likes this.
  20. Iscah

Iscah Active Member

I'm rewatching the first season of The Muppet Show at the moment - early Piggy actually does snort sometimes.

LinkLady77 likes this.