1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 107 - Pig's in a Blackout

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Nov 10, 2015.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig's in a Blackout"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

45 vote(s)
    91.8%
  2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Piggy actually used to snort a lot. She did it a few times in the John Denver special.

Duke Remington likes this.
  2. terrimonster

terrimonster Active Member

I get that creepy aspect, but he is maybe my favorite thing about this show. I have laughed out loud more consistently at Chip's stuff than anything else. Maybe it's just because I'm in software and I've been known a lot of people like Chip, but I think he's a great character.

3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh, there was a lot more to them than that. The joke with the band was that they spent more time worrying about their hip image than their music. ("Things are rully gonna break as soon as we get our new glossies!" :flirt:)

4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I can see that. But, I don't think we've ever seen their dynamic as individuals within the band, i.e. their relationship to each other. Floyd/Janice - Floyd/Animal have clearly defined connections, but what does Zoot think of everyone? How about Lips? Or Dr. Teeth? Those are things worth exploring.

dwayne1115 and Duke Remington like this.
  5. heralde

Absolutely! Just not sure how well this show understands them to begin with, which makes further exploration difficult. ;)

Thing is, characters aren't like real people. They have parameters. Go outside those parameters and they become unrecognizable. And deceptively simple characters like Zoot and Animal say a lot even when saying very little.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  6. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

poor zoot. he seems to be so lost most of the time. I hope it's not an early onset of Alzheimers or something.

aside from the space cadet janice thing and the cringe inducing scenes between her and same and the frustrating moments with kermit and jason whatisface I really did like this episode. It was funny and entertaining, I complain a lot about things yeah but it's because I care not because I hate the show. Please don't think that.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  7. LinkLady77

LinkLady77 Member

You're right...I remember her snorting while planting several kisses on Kermit!! I was in hysterics when I saw Link happily snorting his way through the pot of swill that Chef Roach made for him in the JHH "Food" episode. Early Fozzie used to growl a bit as well on TMS. Fozzie's too cute to sound scary when he growls though :o, hee hee.

8. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

As usual, you're wrong. :rolleyes:

9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Aside from TMS season 1, give me an example of Zoot being 100% on the ball.

Muppy likes this.
  10. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

I feel like he shouldn't even be trying in the first place.

OMG, I forgot about :oops:! It appears Chip and Deadly have equally taken over for him. Muppet Wiki says Beau was in the background in ep. 1 but I must have missed him. So weird considering he's a Dave Goelz character too. Prady really must've been pushing for Chip.

To each his own. I just never envisioned the day where Scooter would be a borderline queer momma's boy and Janice would be so philosophical in cosmic ways I'd never imagine the Muppets getting into.

11. Ladywarrior

I never said he was all the time it just feels like this little quirk of his has been amped up to 11. and scooter is gay? I didn't even notice.

12. Blue Frackle

I like his weirdness, but I was under the impression he'd be a bit more sophisticated.

I mean it wasn't like Dr. Teeth was completely unexplored, but the thing about Zoot and Lips is that they were quiet and had occasional lines.

Yes! Zoot is funny, but I feel like he is talking too much now; it's weird. He and Lips were established as quiet characters, especially Zoot; you just can't change that now.

Maybe we all just envision characters in certain ways; I'm not sure.

Auto-correct is really unfriendly to Muppet's names.

I feel like they've hinted at it. Who knows at this point; Bunsen, Beaker, Scooter... they might as well all be gay. Let's separate Floyd and Janice while we're at it too.

heralde likes this.
  13. Ladywarrior

changing something that's long been established for a character is annoying, especially when it's hot a reboot. making janice and flouyd break up... whatever the heck they're ding with bunsen beaker and scooter... yeah.. can I slam my head on a brick wall now?
    [​IMG]

Blue Frackle likes this.
  14. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I think by "queer" he meant strange; the original meaning.

The next episode revolves around Scooter dating Chelsea Handler. So no, he's not gay.

15. Lourenzo

Lourenzo New Member

Maybe Zoot's cluelessness seems exaggerated because he speaks more often.

Also Janice being a stoner...Im not sure. She just seems to be the typical hippie/granola girl with the crystal and auras.

Lips was never really established as anything. Unlike Zoot his silence was not treated as a character trait. He's only two noticeable lines so far.

I dont believe that Scooter's been hinted at being gay. Though that would be a funny coincidence, as Richard Hunt himself was gay.

16. Ladywarrior

speaking of janice...

sorry about the quality. XD

Blue Frackle likes this.
  17. Blue Frackle

Yes!

Jeez, Gonzo's neck can sure turn around far. :D

"Tuesday midnight at the Mallory Gallory, that's all I know!" That line is forever indebted in my head... I played Muppet RaceMania way too many times.

18. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That's exactly how I felt!!!!

JimAndFrank likes this.
  19. heralde

It's one of those things where if you never mention it, no one else will think of it either. But if you do mention it, people will say, "Oh yeah, I could see that."

20. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Dude Scooter is not gay, he has a big crush on Chelesa Handler in the next episode, and from what I remember, he bragged about getting a kiss from Raquel Welch to Fozzie in the TMS episode, just my two cents.