1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 108 - Too Hot to Handler

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Nov 17, 2015.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Too Hot to Handler"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

1. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I think for a lot of years now they've been down playing Fozzie's intelligence as a character and I'm not sure how that came to be. The worst was in MTI with the whole Mr. Bimbo thing. Wasn't funny, just made Fozzie out to be kind of pathetic and sad and didn't have a mind of his own. Fozzie to me was always the gentler, loveable lug of the core Muppet group who always tried hard with his jokes, and his spirit was in that he kept trying no matter how much Statler and Waldorf mocked him, etc.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  2. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

He seemed pretty smart in the Merry Muppet Christmas movie. Him losing the money the way he did was an honest mistake especially with a fake crocodile hunter and angry whos chasing after him.

Duke Remington likes this.
  3. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I only saw that once when it first aired, so I don't recall. :o

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I know he frequently called Maria "Skinny," Gordon "Curly," Bob "Bright Eyes," and Big Bird "Turkey."

5. The episode "Too Hot to Handler" has been an pretty weird one to watch. Not that I didn't like it, but still was pretty interesting for the show. For instance, I have to give it credit for making it a "Scooter-centric" episode as it focused on him trying to win Chelsea Handler over but soon ends up in a crazy love story with Scooter deciding to be friends with Chelsea in the end. Well you know what they say, the heart wants what the heart wants. ;)

In the side story where Kermit and Fozzie had an "alterfication" about Becky when Kermit thought she was cheating at Trivia Night at Rowlf's tavern when she was really ordering a gift for Fozzie, I was almost worried that it would almost end their friendship, but glad they patched things up. To be honest, I feel like this show is almost like a "make up or break up" situation for the characters. For example, we all know about the break-up between Kermit and Miss Piggy before the show began :):mad:; the dissent unintentionally caused by Kristin Chenowith in the Electric Mayhem from the episode "The Ex-Factor" :D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:; and now, Scooter's love life;) and Kermit and Fozzie's friendship almost on a knife's edge all because of a girlfriend :):o. For me, life for the Muppets can't get any stranger than this.

My favorite part of the episode, however, would have to be the Electric Mayhem gossip about Kermit and Fozzie and believing that Kermit was replaced by a robot. I thought it was really funny at the end for them to see if Kermit was a robot by placing a plate of "Free Cookies for Robots" and proved he wasn't by grabbing a banana. Then Animal grabbed the cookies and started munching on the them, which made the band now believe Animal's a robot and running away from him when Animal wanted to share the cookies with them. I even giggled when he said "oh well. more for me." Reminds me of the Cookie Monster. I gotta say they're two of a kind. :halo::insatiable:

More interesting stuff for me is seeing more of Denise and Zoot talking more. All I can say now is that I hope things will be more exciting from here on out. :fanatic: Can't wait 'til the next episode! :excited:

6. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I think Fozzie in MTI was just him playing a character who's dumb.

7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I think people are missing the point of the Kermit and Fozzie story.
    Kermit was trying to protect Fozzie. I think where Kermit was saying how Fozzie was innocent kind of Bear really explains the character of Fozzie. With that being said I could honestly see why Kermit would not trust Becky. I could also see why he felt he needed to protect Fozzie.
    I do find it funny that in Bear left Bear Write, Kermit lied to Fozzie and Fozzie did not get mad. However Kermit tells him what he thought was the truth and Fozzie gets real upset.
    The Scooter story was cute.I really love what they are doing with him his mom and Ken......
    Oddly I'm getting tired of the band. Not sure why,but them being so out of it just annoys me.

8. Ladywarrior

speaking of scooter I'm surprised he's never referenced skeeter his win sister at all. I know she was only made for muppet babies but she does appear in some of the comic books. If they ever made her appear on the show it would be pretty interesting.

heralde and Mo Frackle like this.
  9. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Doesn't really surprise me, considering Skeeter has never been mentioned in any of the live action productions. Though it is a shame David has yet to show up to one of those live panels with Scooter. I'm sure at least one person in the audience would ask about Skeeter.

I suppose I wouldn't mind at least a mention of Skeeter at some point, but if she never officially becomes a Muppet, I won't lose any sleep (apologies to fans of both Skeeter and MB).

heralde likes this.
  10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I'm not totally sure Skeeter even exists in the main Muppet world.

Mo Frackle likes this.
  11. Ladywarrior

well I never knew scooters "mother" existed until this show and I am dreading ever seeing her because she might be a human like walter's mother. O.O

Blue Frackle likes this.
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah that kind of thing works better in reverse, like in "Hey Cinderella!" where the straight man son is the human and the comedic father is the Muppet.

13. Ladywarrior

wasn't the princess' father a muppet in the princess and the frog muppet film?

14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Yes.....Stop over thinking it.

15. Ladywarrior

I wasn't I was just asking. I haven't seen that film since I was a little kid. >_<

16. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

So Thanksgiving Night on ABC with start off a rerun of The Muppets episode 4 pig out at 8pm followed by reruns of the latest Thanksgiving episodes of Fresh off the Boat, The Middle, and The Goldbergs for anyone who wants to know.

17. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Though it may not be canon to the Muppet universe, Scooter recently mentioned on Twitter that Skeeter is studying overseas.

Mo Frackle likes this.
  18. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yup, same idea.

19. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Now, I can't be the only one who's still pushing for Kermit and Piggy to get back together...This episode was cute and while it certainly wasn't my favorite, it was pretty awesome. Also, I LOVED the little aside where as Kermit is trying to grill Becky on the double date, he's starting to see that Denise might not be who she says she is and, I can't wait to see that explored more.

20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Some late answers.

1 The Princess and the Frog is a Disney animated film; the Muppet special mentioned above is The Frog Prince.
    2 Skeeter does exist in Muppet continuity, she appeared as a grown-up in the Muppet comics four-issue arc titled Family Reunion published by Boom! Studios.
    Our own Slackbot even created her own Skeeter puppet based on that illustration and got high praise from Amy Mebberson who was responsible for said comics illustrations.
    3 Scooter and Skeeter have a Muppet dad in the Muppet Kids book series continuity, look up the relevant character article at Muppet Wiki.
    As far as for his or their mother, I'm partial to thinking of Sadie, a female OC Muppet from our own ReneeLouvier's Sadie's Stories fanfic series posted here, though that may or may not be entirely official. At least until Scooter's mom finally does appear on the new 2015 series to reclaim her credit card.

LaRanaRene likes this.