1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 109 - Going, Going, Gonzo

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Dec 1, 2015.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Going, Going, Gonzo"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Tonight make plans to watch "The Muppets" new episode "Going, Going, Gonzo" at 8|7c on ABC. Then join the discussion immediately afterwards in the Muppet Central Forum.

Episode 9 - Going, Going, Gonzo

Joseph Gordon-Levitt performs a duet with Miss Piggy on "Up Late" and then plays poker with Scooter, Pepe and the gang. Meanwhile, the Great Gonzo prepares for his next death-defying stunt; and Dave Grohl challenges Animal to a drumming contest.

[​IMG]

If you saw "Going, Going, Gonzo" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

2. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

This... was one of my favorite episodes. That is all. Let the in-depth reviewing begin.

3. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

this episode was... meh.

also Dr. teeth didn't get his gold tooth from a voodoo priestess. he made the tooth out of his gold records. Jim Henson said so himself. :/

4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Oh wow!!!! Oh Wow!!!!!!!

5. dwayne1115

I got to get my hands on some Muppet money and Piggy water!

6. Lourenzo

Lourenzo New Member

When and where did Jim say that?

Anyways I liked this episode. Nice to see Gonzo getting focus, and it made good use of the documentary format. Also that Drum Battle of Grohl and Animal was WORTH IT!!

LouisTheOtter and Duke Remington like this.
  7. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

I only watched parts of it so unlike my other posts, i won't really be able to tell you much. And to make matters worse, I had to watch the episode on my iPad. After the video kept lagging and the sound cut in and out, I gave up. When each of the Muppets (Chip, Sam, and Bobo) said what their dreams were, it reminded me of the song I've Got A Dream from Tangled.

Duke Remington likes this.
  8. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Well, maybe that was when he got famous. He did say he did the voodoo woman back when he was 14. Oh...May wanna rephrase that.

9. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

This was GREAT!!! Gonzo is back to his old self :concern:

10. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

This episode was pretty awesome. We got a couple of songs, Scooter and Janice interact, Chip being a tap-dancer was funny, Piggy trying to sell water was funny, Gonzo doing a stunt was awesome, and the end with Animal and Dave Grohl drum-battling was the icing on the cake. Also, Gonzo's my kinda guy. He doesn't drink alcohol, he drinks Diet Coke.

11. dwayne1115

I finally loved the band story line! I am also really loving Lips.

12. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

I think that was actually a record for how much Lips spoke, ever.

13. dwayne1115

The best thing about this was Kermit seemed like his old self again. He always believed in Gonzo to a certain extent. Which I thought was great.

14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

This was a good episode.

Loved how Uncle Deadly and Kermit got Gonzo's stunt approved while Piggy was unconscious from the laser contouring therapy.
    The Muppet poker game with JGL and all that sweet Muppet money... Now we know where he got the funding to produce the Fraggle Rock movie.
    Gonzo and other Muppets talking about their dreams was fun. Bobo as a Chicago bear, not a part of the football team, just living in Chicago, that made me chuckle just because of all the Chicago-centric folks from the ESPN programs I watch. And Chip wanting to tapdance across America was a nice little throwback to the Muppets innate dreams of making millions of people happy.

Oh, and we got the payoff with Gonzo being shot out of the cannon!
    :concern: I am Gonzo the Great!
    :) No, you're Gonzo the Greatest!

But the best part of all was the drum battle at the end between Animal and his Moopet doopelganger, Animool.
    Good episode all around.

15. dwayne1115

Yes you can tell Steve has really got a handle on his character.

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  16. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

ANOTHER GREAT EPISODE!!! :) :concern: :mad: ;) :rolleyes: :shifty: :halo: :sing: :D :flirt: :cool:

17. dwayne1115

Do we not have an Uncle Deadly smiley? If not why not?

ploobis and LouisTheOtter like this.
  18. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

I really loved this episode. But there hasn't really been an episode I HAVEN'T loved lol.

I must say how impressed I am with Bill Barretta. Bobo, Dr. Teeth, and Rowlf all have similar voices, but it seems like he's really grown more comfortable with Teeth and Rowlf because they all sound different.

19. dwayne1115

That is a very good point because even when Jim preformed them both they sounded very much the same.

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  20. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

When Scooter came to talk to the band, I couldn't help that they were high as a kite. I mean they have the lights turned down, Zoot thinking the moon in the room was real or store bought, etc.

Lips spoke several times. I think he and Zoot need to be the center focus in an episode.

I'm also kind of getting tired of Scooter and his nerdiness. He kind of reminds me of Cliff Clavin from Cheers since both characters lived with their moms as adults. His mom wakes him up to James Taylor...???