1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 109 - Going, Going, Gonzo

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Dec 1, 2015.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Going, Going, Gonzo"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Loved this episode so much!!

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  2. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Active Member

My thoughts:

1. Hey Sweetums, you'd better see a doctor about that cold before you cause another accident backstage--do you really have a cold or just allergies?
    2. I think the FDA should outright ban Piggy Water. 30 grams of fat for water? Ridiculous!
    3. Don't worry, Animal. So it was a draw. So was your competition with Harry Belafonte 37 years ago!

Also...this is one of the few times we see Gonzo and Bunsen interact (probably because they share the same performer--same goes for Scooter and Janice).

3. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

I think jokes about Scooter being a mamma's boy is really getting old. It was funny the first few times, but now that's ALL they make fun about. They're making Scooter seem really pathetic.

But I really loved this episode lol. Piggy Water was a great running gag.

Blue Frackle and Branky like this.
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Fools! You have all had time to join mycrusade for an Uncle Deadly "maniacal" smilie and done nothing about it. Now you shall know my wrath. That, and once your lifeless hand signs the petition we can all go to lunch at a decent hour.

LouisTheOtter and Duke Remington like this.
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I am now on a mission on getting my hands on Piggy water or Muppet money.

6. dwayne1115

Yes sir oh Lord of darkness! Just point me in the right direction and I will sign my life away!!!

7. The Count

Well, just direct your pitchforks and torches at Jamie, or whoever Phil suggests should take his place as new Muppet-icon creator. Once we get our Uncle D smilie, then we can crow about how it's alive, it's alive!
    *Leaves the first of this year's number cookies, a 1 for Dwayne.

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  8. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

I hope the Muppet folk are sitting back with their feet up, a beverage of their choice in their hand, they made an excellent episode. The more you know of Kermit's and Gonzo's shared history the more enjoyment the episode presents.

A few random thoughts.

I would not be opposed to an entire scene improvised by Bill and Steve as Pepe and Rizzo.

Janice is a little more dippy on the hippy-dippy scale, but I think she is wonderful.

Sam is all American and all product placement brought to you by Piggy Water. Loved it. Although I would not want to have him as my baby sitter.

A line I loved - Zoot: Is that the real moon? Or a department store one?

A line I hope to use in life: Give me some of that Muppet money.

I am really glad that Gonzo's big stunt was not seen by millions, but by his friend Kermit. I think Gonzo would like that too.

9. dwayne1115

If I had any real skills at anything I would gladly volunteer to that job! Sadly the only things I'm good at are sniffing out spammers and tapdanceing across the country.......

10. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

Dwayne, don't sell yourself short. You tap dance quite well. And a one and a two and a...

11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Interesting that this is the first mention within the actual show of them being "the Muppets."

Also, Zoot continues to kill it. And wow, Lips probably spoke more in this episode than his entire career.

12. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Animal and Dave Grohl's drum-off is trending on Facebook!

LouisTheOtter and Duke Remington like this.
  13. dwayne1115

I am the Napoleon Dynamite of the Muppet fan community!

14. dwayne1115

After the throw down Animal got from Scooter.I kind of felt he earned a flat out win in the drum battle.

15. The Count

Still don't know when it is that Lips speaks in the episodes people are raving about.

Good to know you got such tapdancing skills after just three lessons Dwayne.

*Tries not to get on Piggy's list.

16. dwayne1115

Yea those three videos on YouTube did wonders!

When they where in the bands dressing room Lips spoke a lot. Well a lot for him anyways.

17. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

This was my favourite episode so far. I think the series has finally found its stride. Have watched this 4 times already since last night. Just love the puppetry and the 'how did they do that' effects.

I think with the right balance of Muppet humour and music this is what people wanted. Not sure how much re-tooling is going to happen, but I hope not too much as I think the producers have got it right.

18. The Count

So Lips was in the room with the rest of the band when Scooter came in to hang out. Problem is, I'm not identifying Lips when he speaks. I know it was :D who spoke about his golden tooth and Tiana the voodoo princess; :sing: who mentioned the time machine owned by his buddy Eddie; :flirt: offered up piercing Scooter's ear for an earring; and :halo: who ate the ice. Missed :cool: asking about the fake moon. But I don't know when it was that Lips spoke.

*Wants Tiana the Voodoo Princess to make an appearance on the show!

Duke Remington likes this.
  19. dwayne1115

I could totally see Piggy trying to sell her own brand of water on the classic Muppet Show!

LouisTheOtter and Muppy like this.
  20. dwayne1115

Watching the show again I will post Lips lines Ed!