The Muppets Episode 11 - Swine Song

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Swine Song"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ploobis

Reaction score
It was nice to know more about Big Mean Carl. Who knew he's the youngest of Nine!

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
My review of "Swine Song":

Greetings fellow Muppet bloggers, let me just say that it feels nice to be back here on the forum to share our own reviews about tonight's episode. Plus, I'd like to take the time and apologize for my absence; let's just say like the Muppets going on vacation, I took a temporary "vacation" as well just to rest until the show came back on. But now I'm back, and I can't wait to talk about this week's episode and future shows coming real soon. So without further ado, here's my opinion on the latest episode, "Swine Song".

For starters, I did like the beginning of the show where everyone was talking about their vacation, especially the part with Janice speaking to the "ghost". I'm not saying she's crazy, but I'm guessing from a woman's intuition she's some kind of medium, meaning a person who speaks to ghosts. :flirt:

I adored the Gloria Estefan penguin scenes, but I could tell Uncle Deadly wasn't having a party having to babysit a penguin from "Ar-hen-tina" or Argentina which Piggy rescued. I also liked it when Piggy though she could speak spanish, especially with the "Lo siento! That means I'm sorry!" It's something like this that should make me want to learn spanish.:mad:

Second, I wasn't too fond of Pache or "P-I-Double Z-A" (I found it to be quite funny when the Muppets were naming Pizza brands, such as Domino's, Pizza Hut, Chuck E. Cheese, Little Caesar's; me, I thought of Papa John's, plus I love pizza) since he brought down Key and Peele's show and I was certain he ain't gonna bring down the Muppets' show, either! Besides when the network president wanted the group to consider him a "member of the family" or "more like dad", I thought "by the way, I'm not calling you daddy." Also, I really started to resent him for getting Key and Peele off the show and sabotage it just to get back at the Muppets. I even thought about what he said about the audience being "old"; to me, Kermit and his friends' show is for everybody, no matter the age. :boo:

The part where Piggy dressed as Miley Cyrus just to give the show energy made me believe she was having an identity crisis. I like her for who she is, though I did like her change in personality since her vacation to Argentina.:eek:

The part with the cast and crew doing an a cappela version of the "Muppet Show theme song" was another favorite part of mine. It was really fun! :sing:

Another part that gave me some concern was Kermit and Denise's relationship. I think Denise kind of jumped to conclusions when Kermit forgot about her "5 K run" after working all night and she thought he and Piggy were "cuddling". I could sense her slight jealousy when Piggy and Kermit did a song together just to save the show. I do hope Denise and Kermit work out their differences along with Piggy in the future. To me, this is another chapter in the Kermit/Piggy/Denise love triangle. :smile::mad:

Also, I like the theme song change in which Piggy gets Kermit a coffee and he says: "Time to get things started" in a positive tone. I say it's a real turning point.

In conclusion, I consider this episode a fresh start of the spring season for future muppet episodes to come. The episodes I'm most excited for are the ones guest starring Joan Jett (my fave female rock icon!) and Willie Nelson.:big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo: Honestly, can't this show get any more better or what? :fanatic::wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't get to see it tonight. For some reason, my local ABC affiliate chose to air college basketball instead.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So The Muppets finally returned with a few tweaks. Overal, I thought it was an okay episode, considering how much build up there was to this huge episode with The Muppets more joyful it was just okay. It just didn't seem that they had everything in place, and no one really got much spotlight. Comparing it to the pilot, it seems about on par with it. Though I still feel like this a step in the right direction, not everything was in place, but this is the right direction. Though I still liked a lot of stuff.

• Uncle Deadly and Gloria Estefan was hilarious
  • Rowlf's Tavern
  • Lew Zealand
  • Pepe the Uber Driver
  • Kermit and Miss Piggy's Duet
  • Key and Peele
  • The Muppet Show Theme Song in the Meeting
Also, I felt the Kermit and Denise breakup went a little too fast, and we never really got to know much about her. Overall, I felt it was a good step in the right direction, but it just didn't seem necessary in my opinion, Pig's in a Blackout, Single All the Way, and especially Going, Going, Gonzo showed that this show had improved, even though I really liked some of the early episodes, but the reboot was obviously for the sake of getting people back to the show, because people can't wait 7 episodes for a show to find it's groove. Though I'm glad they did the reboot, that way maybe the show has a chance of getting back the lost audience, but it really didn't need to happen. I thought the episode was good, and comparing it to the pilot it was pretty fun, I'm hoping by the next episode the show will return back to the show it was in December, but it was still a nice way to start off a big change.

Iscah

Reaction score
Pizza/Pache (how should his name be spelled here?)
"Pache" please. Every time I read "Pizza" it throws me for a second. And I definitely don't want to learn to deliberately misread it...

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I'm back with yet another ridiculously detailed summary of my thoughts!

Pure joy.

Those are the two words that can only be applied to this episode! I have no idea where to start with this one because there was just so much wonderfulness that I want to talk about!

Character Moments:

To start with the smaller moments, I loved how not even a minute into the episode, Janice was already being the strange woman she has been developing into for this entire season. Animal has a wonderful moment with his ‘iMuffin’. The ‘Pepe the Uber’ segment was priceless and there was just so many great moments that I wasn’t expecting in the slightest.

The Reboot:

“Bobo, go get Kermit’s banjo.”

It all just fell into place didn’t it? The producers and writers listened to us and they delivered in spectacular form. Can we have more Muppet mayhem and sketches? Sure! Here is Pepe in a funny scenario and Bobo doing a ridiculous dramatic reading! May we please have more music? Of course! Here’s the Muppets doing an awesome version of the TMS theme and Kermit and Piggy doing a cute country number!

Gosh-darnit The Muppets went ultra-meta! The writers used this whole debacle to their advantage and created something brilliant with it. I’m really struggling to describe how unbelievably inspired this episode was because it played on so many levels and completely blew the fourth wall to smithereens. The humour itself seems to be even more adult than before, but that’s okay at this point. It was well balanced and not cringe worthy!

As long as the show keeps progressing further in this general direction, I think we’ll be fine.

Kermit, Piggy and Denise:

Well, that just spiralled into a bit of chaos! It’s good to see that Piggy is trying new things and distancing herself from Kermit. I’m quite pleased that she is maturing, but still quite obnoxious and egocentric in the way that her character needs to be.

This new direction the show is going in with Kermit and Piggy’s friendship is making for some fun camaraderie between them. I quite enjoyed watching them team up to work against Pizza (Pache) because they just get each other and know the other’s thoughts and feelings. This friendship kind of reminds me of how well Jim and Frank worked and played together. I can’t wait to see more of it!

But course this friendship does not sit well with Denise. Unfortunately, I still don’t know enough about her, but I think the events of this episode was a huge wake-up call for her. It was the first time Denise realised what she has gotten herself into by dating Kermit. I hope this isn’t the end for them, not just yet anyway. Kermit still has a steep learning curve before he can become a better boyfriend in the sense of a healthy relationship.

Other notes:

• Uncle Deadly is my sprit animal. His scenes with Scooter and Gloria were hysterical and I will never not want more of that!
  • The humans were fun, but they really didn’t do much for me. Key and Peele nailed their scene and made me giggle. Pizza was….eh…..okay. And the network president was pretty dull.
  • I can’t die peacefully until I know what happened to Rizzo and Pepe in Amsterdam!
  • Peter Linz seemed to be having fun with Gloria. That sickeningly sweet little fluff-ball melted my heart almost as much as Uncle Deadly’s.
  • The little Muppet Show Theme ditty was my favourite part of the whole episode! We need more of creative random stuff like this!
  • The song Piggy and Kermit sang was plain goofy fun and very unexpected. It felt oddly right to me in a way-how about you?