1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 111 - Swine Song

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Feb 2, 2016.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Swine Song"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

1. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread discussing Season 1 Episode 11 Swine Song . . .

. . . look for further discussion of Chelsea Handler coming to another thread soon.

Muppet Master, JimAndFrank and Muppy like this.
  2. Grovette

Grovette New Member

Yay!! I've been waiting for The Muppets return!
    Was worried that it was going to be toned down too much, but it wasn't bad.

Kinda glad they pushed the time back, but would be better at 9pm.
    Really wanted to watch The Muppets, but had to switch over from The Flash.
    It would be awesome to watch The Flash then The Muppets!! :)

The next episode looks like lots of fun! Seems more edgy like the first half, can't wait!!

My wish for future episodes is:
    - to see lots more Rowlf :sympathy:
    - hopefully Sam is over Janice
    - Denise should stay on the show
    - crossing fingers and toes for Season 2

Always love these guys :shifty::rolleyes::eek:!!!!!

Ladywarrior and Duke Remington like this.
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I think one of the main problems with the show is the lack of star power in the guest stars. Not only that it seems when they have guest stars they don't really seem to know what to do with them. The one thing that was great about The Muppet Show was how the Muppets interacted with the guest stars. With this series it's just not working. There was only one episode this season where that seemed to worked, which was "Walk the Swine".

Phillip likes this.
  4. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

very funny lol

5. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

How about Going, Going, Gonzo, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was used pretty well.

oknazevad likes this.
  6. Bear Man

Bear Man Active Member

Apologies if this has been brought up elsewhere in the thread and I haven't seen it, but what was up with the Piggy puppet? Her lower jaw was clearly "bulging" to her left (on the right as you look at her), obviously as a result of the puppeteer's thumb. Have they re-made the puppet resulting in the head being smaller? Was a larger-handed puppeteer providing the movement to a pre-recorded dialogue track?

7. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

plus I thought that she was a bad choice for a guest star, I can't believe that scooter, likes that mean vodka drinking dink . now I'm not jealous lol ,because that would be silly, but the whole scooter +Chelsea thing , makes my stomach turn . not like a jealous feeling, but a cringe worthy feeling. now scooter bad mouths his mother's boyfriend ken, if you ask me I think that Chelsea is just as bad.

8. Grovette

Grovette New Member

That's been a problem. They've had some great guests, but they have come off as being really awkward in the show.
    The episode with Leno and Lawrence Fishburne was depressing, they were rather hostile and not funny.
    Jason Bateman was kind of a jerk too.
    :sigh:
    I've heard about Chelsea Handler for a long time, but really didn't see her until the Muppets episode. Didn't think she was terrible.
    Really liked that episode overall.

Scooter seemed a bit more confident in the old Muppet Show. ;)
    Now he seems to be portrayed as a whiney prudish mama's boy.

Looking forward to the next episode! Love Ian Z.!!!
    The promo looks very promising! :news:

:cluck::concern:

heralde likes this.
  9. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I know this sounds cliche but, just wait and see if the next episode is good/bad.

10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

So Miss Piggy is briefly shocked by Kermit's suggestion of sharing the stage with the others, which gets me wondering: who else did the sketches on the show?

We never really saw sketches before this episode, but the show should have had a supporting cast to appear in sketches with Piggy and the guest stars, right? Or do they just pick random actors when sketches are performed (is this what normal talk shows do with their sketches)? We never heard anything about there being actors on the show, whether they be human or Muppet.

11. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

It seems the general idea is the onstage talent is the host/hostess, the sidekick/announcer and the band leader/house band. Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel often involve the guests into games/sketches/bits, or sometimes they will air a pre-recorded sketch with other big stars not on the show that night. For example Matt Damon and John Krasinski (Kimmel's neighbor) often appear in videos even if they are not guests. Conan would have Abe Vigoda come on a lot to do various bits. Letterman probably had the most "other people" involved. He would have Paul Shafer (of course) but also his announcer, Biff the Stage Manager, he had at various times Lonny Ross, Chris Elliott and Kristen Schaal play interns or other odd roles. He also had Larry "Bud" Melman who was played by Calvert DeForrest who was - well look him up he was unique. And he would have other "regular people" Rupert Gee who owned the deli next to the theater, his Mom etc do sketches and interviews.

So the very short answer is: No, it would not be odd for the show to be 95% Piggy with Fozzie and the band the remaining 5%. And it would not be odd to open up the show and have a repertory company of sorts (Hey, like the Muppets) to be included.

12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I was watching this with the closed captioning today, and there are some things that I understand better.

At one point Miss Piggy shouts out several current things, and I thought Kermit said "Now you're just saying things that Denise says", which I didn't think made much sense with her character. But with the captioning, I saw that Kermit said "Now you're just saying things that your niece says". Hmm, I think this shows had two mentions of Piggy having a niece, I wonder if we should meet her.

And at the end, when Uncle Deadly complains that Gloria Estefan had gotten sick on his suede boots, I didn't realize that Goria Estefan threw up. I thought he was taking a drink of Deadly's drink and spilled it down there.