1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 112 - A Tail of Two Piggies

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Feb 9, 2016.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "A Tail of Two Piggies"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Really, my biggest issue with KSY is how anachronistic it is: it's supposed to be set in the 50s, given that's when Jim would have been growing up, and we have a seen where Kermit encounters a young Jim, but the movie seems to be set in the 70s instead. Other than that, as I said, I think it was a fun movie irregardless - the new characters added something to the movie, and Jim Lewis and Joey Mazzarino turned out a nice story. The production values were mediocre, but that somehow added to its charm for some reason.

Muppy likes this.
  2. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I understand what you mean by that. I guess for me it's the Christmas aspect of the special that works best for me. Christmas is my favorite time of year, and the Muppets and Christmas combined is a match made in heaven (even if it's not one of the best things the Muppets put out, I still thoroughly enjoy it, especially the Moulin Scrooge segment!).

3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Didn't get to watch this one until just now, so everything I could point out has really already been said. Another pretty good episode, I liked the visual gag of steam coming out of Sam's ears (?) and Pepe posing on the carpet were some highlights for me. I love the little visual gags and puns the show throws in.

newsmanfan and Muppy like this.
  4. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I have a love/hate relationship with VMX I like the Moulin Scrooge number & Eric's first performance but, it feels like a Simpsons writer wrote a cancelled episode and tweek it into a Muppet special. It doesn't feel right.

5. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

The Muppets are in danger! They need to get higher ratings or else the Muppets will be gone forever.

6. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I think that's being a little over-dramatic. Don't forget that the show is being aired in over 100 countries and from what I've seen, the ratings are looking quite good. There's still plenty of hope.

Besides, the Muppets will never disappear as along as we all stick around to support them.

FletchySRF3088 and Muppy like this.
  7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

That's one thing I don't know about, it was sold in over 100 countries, so is it popular in those places, if it's popular in many other countries, can they cancel it, also sadly it's ratings are not good, they started great, in week one it was nearly edging out Modern Family as their highest rated comedy, now it's barely edging out Galavant as their lowest rated comedy, not a good trend to go, but it still might get a renewal.

8. GuySmileyfan

Okay. I hope it gets a renewal. I'm just worried about the Muppets popularity is fading away. It started to get to me when Muppets Most Wanted was given an underperformance box office.

9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

To be fair, a lot of the problem was making it a direct sequel to THE MUPPETS (2011) - that was quite unnecessary since Muppet movies have never sequeled other Muppet movies and have always been separate, stand-alone features with their own self-contained plots. Making MMW a sequel made it fall victim to today's cinematic gimmicks which are getting old and stale.

That and a lot of people didn't like that the very adult and openly atheistic Ricky Gervais was cast as the human lead.

10. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Ok so I just finished re watching "the muppets." Presentation pilot or whatever you want to call it and I've realized what's missing and why a lot of people turned away from the show. The pilot told viewers that they'd be seeing the personal lives of the Muppets, and the pilot was also a lot light more hearted and zany compared to some of the earlier episodes. So far we haven't seen much personal life on the show (a little with the main characters but not a whole lot) and I feel like the new direction of the show is kind of going that way but it's still all centering around Up Late with Miss Piggy. The wacky and zaniness is coming back more and more with each episode which is great.

I just think that what the pilot that everyone saw vs. the first couple of episodes were totally different in tone. If the first episode was something like "a tail of two piggies" I think people the viewership would be more consistent and higher.

And overall, after seeing the pilot after watching the whole season so far, I'm going to have to say that I like the pilot better than the show. I still love the show, but there was something special about the pilot that didn't translate well into the actual show. Does anyone else think this, or am I just crazy?

11. Muppet Master

Yes that's it, something wasn't connecting, that presentation had more personal lives stuff, the show is just Up Late, I would rather have seen more of their lives myself, the putting on a show thing has been used too much.

Muppy and dwayne1115 like this.
  12. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Even just little things, like Kermit driving on the highway and Animal zooming past on his motorcycle or learning what the Muppets did with their money (like in the pilot) would add a lot to the show. I don't think bringing sketches to the show is going to do much becuase people want to see the personal lives of the Muppets not more of Up Late with Miss Piggy. The show within a show was just supposed to be a background not the main thing. The next few episodes look like they're kind of getting away from the show but I'm hoping by season 2 (if there is one) Up Late with Miss Piggy will just be referenced every once in a while and we get to see the muppets living their lives, going on vacation etc.

13. Grovette

Grovette New Member

Has anyone seen a preview for the new episode?

I've seen a promo every week until now. :confused:
    Looked everywhere... YouTube, Muppet sites, FB...

Did ABC stop promoting the show or something?
    :sympathy:

I know RuPaul is a guest, which is so exciting cos I love RuPaul. :flirt:

14. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

I think the creators relied to heavily on the dating plotline as their personal lives. Piggy and Kermit used to date. Piggy dated Topher Grace. Kermit is dating Denise. Fozzie is dating Becky. Becky's parents don't want Becky dating Fozzie. Gonzo and Camilla used to date. Gonzo attempts a date with Debbie. Debbie instead dates Liam Hemsworth. Yolanda and Rizzo have a date. Sam would like to date Janice. Janice and Floyd have a cool dating understanding, however, Janice used to date Dr. Teeth. Chelsea Handler would like to date Scooter. Scooter is too shy to date. Pepe has dated everyone. There have been some exceptions like seeing all the gang at karaoke. So, in future stories I would like to see less of the romantic meshings of characters. So, I would like to see as the previous poster mentioned some more mundane aspects of their lives (infused of course with a Muppety take). Like a vacation. Or a full episode from Rowlf's point of view. I like that some characters - Deadly, Zoot, Big Mean Carl are mysteries, so I don't mind a clue here or there, but I don't need to see them make breakfast. Also I would like to see some guest stars play characters other than themselves like in The Muppet Movie. I know it's a thing to have famous people play less than flattering versions of themselves, but I bet a lot of funny stuff could result.

15. Muppet Master

Likely due to low ratings, they might advertise the season finale, but it's not really looking good for the show, coming after a hiatus to season low is not good, and ABC had faith in the show, they reran it so much during the hiatus, even like a 4 episode mini marathon on a Sunday, though sadly it didn't help, and I understand why ABC is doing this, from a business standpoint, a show doesn't do well, no point in advertising it anymore, from a fan standpoint, it's sad to see how much the show has failed in the ratings, and that we probably won't get a second season, that's just my two cents, maybe someway ABC renews it, but it really doesn't seem likely.

16. GuySmileyfan

Excuse me for this: