1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 13 - Got Silk?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Feb 16, 2016.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Got Silk"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Tonight make plans to watch "The Muppets" new episode "Got Silk?" at 8:30|7:30c on ABC. Then join the discussion immediately afterwards in the Muppet Central Forum.

Episode 13 - Got Silk?

Miss Piggy hopes to make new friends by taking an aerial silks class. Meanwhile, Gonzo, Pepe and Rizzo are bewitched by Pache.

[​IMG]

If you saw "Got Silk?" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

2. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

Thought this episode was pretty good. 2 1/2 out of 4 stars.

However.....................

More focus on other characters. I just don't think the writers of this show know how to write for others say *cough cough* the Electric Mayhem or Rowlf........

If this show doesn't improve I can see it getting the ax by May.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

This episode was pretty good. It was nice to see Piggy be kind to everyone by taking them to Deadly's show. I liked Deadly's line about gender-bending Clueless and Knocked Up. Even the end credits were hysterical, when Pepe did his impressions.

4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Two thoughts Gonzo just looked off for most of the show.and the show seemed shorter then normal.

5. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

Over all I really liked it. I am a bit sad that most of the Kermit/Denise break up is happening off screen. But there is a sweet payoff to the Piggy/Deadly story line. And when Deadly steps on stage and sees his Muppet friends well I was a bit misty eyed. Plus everything and anything Carl or Yolanda said. Also after having watched so many political debates so far (and it's only Feb) it suddenly all made sense: Pepe: I am Obama. I can have whatever I want for dinner.

6. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Can't really think of anything more substantial to say about this one than "meh". Both plots had potential and ideas, but there was not enough time for development. Piggy's inability to relate to people, like at the class, was something worth pursuing, but it just sort of got dropped by the wayside. It seems to be a continual issue for the show, not enough time for plot development and storylines to play out all the way.

Did like the little bit about the island takeout place.

Muppy likes this.
  7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

The show is gonna get the ax anyway. The ratings have been terrible the past two weeks and this episode was hardly advertised at all.

8. GonzoLover726

GonzoLover726 Member

Really wish it would've started off where last week ended with Gonzo and Camilla. Heck, I don't think Gonzo even mentioned her but she's suppose to be back next week as far as I know of.

The episode was pretty 'meh' to me. Love seeing Gloria back and Piggy acting nicely to Deadly. For some reason Gonzo didn't feel right this episode. Like, he shouldn't of fallen under Pizza's spell so easily. idk but it was fun seeing Pizza again. He's definitely a character I love to hate. Overall, okay episode but wasn't one of the best.

9. dwayne1115

Uggg they've got to get better guests with better things to do.

Muppy likes this.
  10. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

11. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

So this is my first time doing an actual analysis of the episode. Here's my play by play review/ thoughts I had while watching "Got Silk?" ...
    • Hey, Fozzie is back! For a second ...
    • I like Piggy's frustration that now that there's more Muppets on her show, there's less of her on it. Funny and interesting conflict and totally makes sense. Kudos to the writers for that one.
    • I found it weird that there was no theme song except for the ending "it's time to get things started" music. I guess they needed the extra 15 seconds for the actual episode. Maybe.
    • Kermit calling Denise was cute, and I genuinely felt sad for him. He's attempting to make things right but she's not having it. Bad Denise.
    • Pizza (pache) was the reason why I didn't love this episode. He is so unlikeable, and I understand that's the point, but he just really brought the mood down for me. He is not a good character, and is just awful.
    • I did like when Kermit told Pizza who's boss, even though he was degraded a few seconds later, but it was still nice to see "boss" Kermit and not sad and depressed Kermit.
    • I enjoyed Piggy attempting to make friends, but I felt sad that no one really wanted to be friends with her. (I also found it weird that the episode is called "Got Silk" yet the silk scene was only a small part of the episode. Just a small complaint though)
    • Can I just say that Uncle Deadly makes this series what it is. Without him, this episode would be a lot worse than I think it already is.
    • I felt that RuPal was shoehorned in for no reason. Same thing with that singer girl. Ingrid Michigan or whatever. I haven't liked any of the groups/band/singers that sometimes perform at the end of the episodes. Give me more Muppets please, not some indie flavor of the month artist.
    • My favorite part of the episode was when all the Muppets went to go see Uncle Deadly's rendition of Clueless. That's what I want to see in the series. The Muppets doing crazy things like putting on plays of random 90's movies! That's what the Muppets are!
    So yeah. In the end, I found this episode really disappointing. And I'm for the first time actually concerned about ratings and how audiences everywhere will view this episode. It's sad, but hopefully the next episode will blow this one out of the water!

The Count likes this.
  12. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I really liked this episode. I thought Miss Piggy had some great character development in it. Uncle Deadly was awesome (as always).

I seriously hope the show continues in some way. I know it's unlikely, but maybe they can upload new episodes online (their YouTube channel, Disney's website) or Netflix or something like that. To quote Fozzie in MMW "I don't want this moment to end!!"

13. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

I agree, but even if they did that, there's still a lot of people who don't have Netflix, Hulu and the like. There's always going to be someone left out.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  14. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

And I did not mean the post to be a rebuke. In short we both want the Muppets to do well. PS: The online ratings are recorded as well. So watch when/ where you can.

15. dwayne1115

The average fan is not going to give a flying fish fart that Lew gets lines in the show. They need some star power!!!

MuppetsRule likes this.
  16. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Ya, it started out with spectacular ratings, even at the end of the first half, a 1.1-1.2 isn't terrible, now maybe Disney can help it.

17. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

I agree. Better guests and bigger roles. That would give them something to promo and draw in a new audience and hopefully keep them. People checked out the show early on in the first couple of episodes and didn't care for what they saw. Hard to get them back without a hook.

RuPaul ain't gonna cut it.

LaRanaRene and Muppy like this.
  18. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

And even for RuPaul fans, he was only in the episode for a few minutes with barley anything to do. At least let the guest stars DO something. Not just show up and be in their underwear for a cheap laugh.

19. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

Here's why better guests/bigger roles result in no benefit to the Muppets. You tube. Anything anyone will want to watch is there. No ratings.

20. dwayne1115

That dose not make a lot of sense.