1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Season 1 Episode 16 - Because...Love

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Mar 1, 2016.

?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Because...Love"?

1. Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

2. Bork bork! This episode was good.

3. Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

4. You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Style and genres are two different things: genres are comedy, drama, action/adventure, horror/thriller, what have you; style is what you do with it.
    Did I "bash it endlessly"? I think not. Did I voice my opinions and concerns a number of times? Yes. But when's the last time I "bashed" the show? If anything, I've hardly gotten involved with recent review threads unless a subject regarding how things are done within the television industry.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  2. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

The show has grown to be so much more than a carbon copy of other shows. It truly does stand on it's own now that they have worked out the kinks.

Muppy likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

One who treasures and cherishes the characters, the franchise as a whole, the people who have been involved with it in making them what they've meant to us for so long, and when I feel like choices are being made that aren't necessarily what seem like the best route to go with for them, then I'm going to say what I have to say about that - it's no different than how I've voiced my disdain in the past for VMX relying too much on edgy Simpsons-esque humor and now-dated pop culture references to seem like a hip movie, or how other people on this forum like to pretend MFS, KSY, or MOz don't even exist and consider them blemishes on the Muppet franchise.

4. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

WOW!!! What a Season Finale!

I mean, we saw Howard Tubman, Mahna Mahna, The Snowths, Link Hogthrob, Pops, Marvin Suggs & his Muppaphone, Droop, Bobby Benson's Baby Band, Zippity Zap, Geri & the Atrics, Old Tom, JG FRackle and Bubba the Rat!

Muppy likes this.
  5. D'Snowth

That's what I'm saying: I can see in the reviews since the soft reboot that things have evidentally improved, and should the show be renewed for a second season, then hopefully things will continue to improve and that could further turn it into a better show.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  6. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

There were a lot of muppets in the room such as Link, Droop, and Howard Tubman from Muppets Tonight whom I haven't seen since the Christmas movie in 2002.

Of course we also got to see Zippity Zap too. I wanted him to have a line like "man, it seems like I haven't seen you all in 11 years" as a throwback gag since he hasn't been used since the Oz film in 2005.

I think what would have been a great cameo is if Johnny Fiama and Sal showed up and had a few lines.

Sal: Alright all you buttheads! Watch out and make way for Johnny Fiama!
    Johnny: Sal, can it will you. We're here to throw our support for love.
    Sal: Okay, I'll love all of these buttheads more if they can clear the way for you!

7. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Well, what a season this has been. There is obviously a lot of stuff left wide open a la Galavant, and I'll be crushed if this doesn't get renewed. Just how will Kermit and Piggy's relationship play out if there even is another season? And will we ever get to see Denise or Becky again? I'm waiting with bated breath here!

And you can tell that this feels like a finale because of all the appearances of classic Muppets, and even a few obscure ones such as Howard Tubman and Bubba the Rat.

8. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

You could have at least given it a shot, they explained at Comic Con that the show was going to be a spoof of mocumentry shows like how TMS was a spoof of variety shows, Gonzo adressing how "you talk into the camera and say how you really feel and say something completly different" was making fun of the style as well as when Kermit was apparently talking to the camera in one episode but it showed that he was actually talking to Bobo when he said "are you listening", Bobo says "I thought you were doing one of those inteviews", Kermit says no. You would not see this on The Office or Modern Family this is spoofing the genre not being the genre. Also they've focused less on the interviews in the newer episodes even before the reboot. Anyways, this is why the show is getting cancelled, people don't bother to give it a chance.

Muppy likes this.
  9. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Well hopefully we get that second season and you can have the chance to enjoy it. I may not agree, but I can understand where you're coming from. Everybody has different standards when it comes to quality.

10. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

I loved it ! the old skits , the old characters . this episode was great, I really enjoyed all the rebooted episodes.

11. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I REALLY need an explanation for Droop eating hand sanitizer

12. D'Snowth

True, but the major difference between TMS and this show was that Jim and his team were given the creative freedom to do what they wanted: they established the Muppets' signature brand of humor and heart that set them apart from anything else that was on TV - back in the days where creative freedom was just that, and there was a less corporate approach to what's on TV. This show is the reverse: the network brought in the people they wanted to put this show together - people from other mainstream shows outside of the Muppet franchise (yeah-yeah-yeah, Bill Prady's an exception, whatever) to try to give the show mainstream appeal in hopes it would achieve mainstream success . . . see, network interference and a corporate approach is how things are done today, not so much doing it for the art like Jim did. If this show "gets canceled because people don't bother to give it a change," that should tell you that people are tired of the same-old same-old stuff on TV today; if ABC had any faith to let actual Muppet writers and producers turn out a new show that kept with the spirit and tradition of the Muppets, that certainly would have been a refreshing change . . . but again, they chose to go for a more mainstream appeal.

13. MJTaylor

MJTaylor Member

I am just glad it has been renewed. Too bad that here in Australia, Seven only showed two back to back episodes before deciding that bloody Big Bang Theory would rate better. The good news is, they've launched another channel called 7Flix and now run The Muppets on that.

14. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

What? The show hasn't been renewed yet ... Has it? Am I missing something?

15. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

So apparently, The Muppets was the 7th most popular trend on Twitter earlier tonight.

Muppy, Muppet Master and dwayne1115 like this.
  16. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

Rowlf is so cute and cuddly in the cold open.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  17. Muppet Master

18. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

So how are the ratings for this episode.

19. Muppet Master

That was a really good finale, just hilarious and fun to watch.

Pros
    • Rowlf and Kermit at the bar and the coin flip, so awesome.
    • The break room meeting, really funny stuff especially Bunsen.
    • Finally we get at least some lines from Fozzie, nice chat with Kermit.
    • Jack White and Kermit, enough said.
    • You are the Sunshine of my Life with the muppets
    • Kermit in the cabinet and jumping out of the window.
    • Bubba came back.
    • Crazy Harry did something.
    • All those minor muppets coming back.
    • Pepe's perfume
    • Lew Zealand gets a line.
    • Team Love and Team Friendship
    Cons

• No Gonzo
    • The cliffhanger ending, come on.

Though overall it was a nice way to end the season, so here's to season 2 and that we somehow manage to get one and it's just as good as the one we got, really great episode and I hope the ratings are at least improved from the last episode.

Branky and LaRanaRene like this.
  20. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Great episode!