1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Take The O2, July 13-14th 2018

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by BlakeConor14, Jul 13, 2018 at 12:32 PM.

1. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

It's nearly here the muppets take on thier Third live show and the first outside the USA.
    This is a place for those Going and those interested to discuss the show

I'm going Saturday afternoon and I'm buzzing

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

From what I'm seeing online, it's mostly repeat performances of the stuff they did at the Hollywood Bowl.

3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

According to Dwayne, Rizzo's at the concert. I hope video services so we can figure out who plays him.

4. Oscarfan

And apparently Bobby Moynihan was back to the guest star again...that's odd, no announcement was made about it. Did they not want to waste the recordings they made with him?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  5. Scooters Jacket

Scooters Jacket Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where Rizzo was. I certainly didn't see him.

Also, I have it under very good authority that about 1/3 of the show is different from the Hollywood Bowl ones.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2018 at 6:10 PM
  6. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

The show was absolutely brilliant, really top class. Just felt totally like The Muppet Show "Live".

No Rizzo, even though they had been saying on his social media he was there. The main muppeteers were Bill, Dave, Eric, Matt and Peter. Mike Quinn and Ryan Dillon were among the supporting cast.

A good chunk of the show was new and different to the Hollywood Bowl but yes quite a lot was either repeated exactly or tweaked slightly and the script around it was more or less the same with Kermit & Scooter - I don't want to spoil it for anyone with too much detail but there is a lot of British themed content - musical numbers, sketches (Pigs In Space/Doctor Who crossover), and some of the Mupfronts viral videos were takes on current British TV shows. The Electric Mayhem's animated graphics were all British landmarks and symbols.

Bobby Moynihan is indeed the guest host which is strange as few people in the UK have any idea who he is and just felt a bit out of place when you had Kylie and David Tennant there who are way more familiar to people.

Kylie didn't do Especially For You with Kermit as most people had been assuming, she did Mahna Mahna and Rainbow Connection. Charles Dance danced with Pepe, Kevin Bishop did a sketch with the Swedish Chef but they never referenced MTI at all. The parade of obscure characters had a few different surprises than the Hollywood Bowl.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 7:11 PM
  7. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Why Bobby though? They could've at least gotten somebody from the UK to do it.

Muppy likes this.
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Humm.. sounds like it was a mix of good and ok. Someone on here said that Rizzo would be there, and again with Kevin Bishop there it would honestly make sense. I'm shocked there was not even a nod to Treasure Island.....

9. Oscarfan

Couple of videos:

LittleJerry92 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  10. antsamthompson9

If anyone was there would be so kind to tell us, which of Steve's recasted characters were there? I already know Link was there. There's also these videos:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 12:47 AM
  11. BlakeConor14

Well as good as Bobby was from Reviews in the last show it is a very odd decison from the creators to include him considering that 99% of people don't know how he is (including myself) and from what I have read he's on SATURDAY Night Live and that's not broadcast in this country.

But he'll probably be great

Froggy Fool, MikaelaMuppet and Muppy like this.
  12. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Rizzo's social media pages had been mentioning the event like he was there but he wasn't.

I think "Old Tom" from MTI was in the Parade of Obscure Characters if i remember right, but yes no mention that Kevin Bishop had done anything with the Muppets in the past.

Penguins on Kazoo's (spectacular performance by Ryan there) with Gonzo was amazing.

They did a sketch with a Muppet football about the World Cup soccer tournament which is a big deal in Britain.

Matt was amazing with Kermit. I had thought up till this it needed a bit more polishing but he was perfect, very close to Jim's. Matt's also great engaging with the audience, ad-libbing.

Froggy Fool and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  13. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Newsman (on video)
    Statler (on video)
    Lips
    Link
    Kermit
    Beaker

14. antsamthompson9

15. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Once again the puppetry was outstanding!

16. BlakeConor14

I'm on route to the 02!!!

17. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Have an AMAZING time mate :):jim:

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  18. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for sharing the videos. Looking forward to more.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  19. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Have fun!

20. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

OPENING (Friday)

PIGS IN SPACE / DR WHO CROSSOVER with David Tennant (Full Sketch - Friday)
    (just noticed ... Rizzo!!!)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 10:45 AM