1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Take The O2, July 13-14th 2018

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by BlakeConor14, Jul 13, 2018.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Yes, I should've said cast member on Saturday Night Live instead.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

3. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

from what I have seen on YouTube, I thought it was a great show.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

This woman caught quite a lot of the show, including a bit with Wayne and Wanda. Since I like seeing the puppeteers, it was cool seeing Tyler Bunch and Ryan Dillon doing 2 of the Muppet clowns.

5. jobi71

jobi71 Well-Known Member

I have watched clips from the Hollywood Bowl and the O2. Here are a few thoughts:

This show should come to as many cities and towns as possible. For me, in addition to The Muppet Movie, it is the best example of why we love the Muppets.

I can only judge by the videos but I feel the recasts are all going well.

Speaking of recasts I know David Rudman's Scooter has been praised, but he is also doing great work with Janice.

I am delighted Yolanda is sticking around.

Is Uncle Deadly too difficult to fit in a live show if Matt is doing Kermit? He is always welcome.

Seeing Charles Dance do a slightly off conga line with extras who seemed to have escaped from Mama Mia and Pepe is one of the best things currently on the internet.

Kylie Minogue looks younger with every performance. (This may be a Benjamin Button situation).

I wish Louise Gold was able to participate. Perhaps she was already booked elsewhere.

The parade of obscure characters should be expanded at every show.

Is there any chance the artwork (I will call it stained glass - I know it was not) would ever be available as a print? Or a shirt? I would pay cash money for it. It was gorgeous.

6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

He's still there; he's in the opening theme, has a couple of pre-taped bits with Piggy and delivers the intro for her big musical number.

7. jobi71

jobi71 Well-Known Member

I missed his intro. I know he is still part of the company, but the clips I saw he was mostly chorus.

8. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Anyone know what happened to Steps? Apparently they were one missing in the Saturday matinee and weren't in the evening show at all so no musical guest.

i guess it was no"Tragedy" :o:halo::D

9. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Well-Known Member

I never got a chance to see the O2 show myself. But I wonder...how does a multi-city tour in the style of the Hollywood Bowl and O2 shows sound? In my home city of Seattle, they'd look right at home at the Paramount Theatre...just like in TMS!

10. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I would think it would doable, but I don't know if that is what they are planning. It would be great and I know people around the US and beyond myself included would go.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  11. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

Saw some parts of the show on Youtube. I have to say I'm surprised to see them get a Doctor Who crossover in these shows.

12. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

In one of the Doctor Who podcasts that I listen to, one of the hosts said that Tom Baker (who played the 4th Doctor) told him that he was originally planned to be in the show... I don't know if he was just unavailable for the night or what have you but anyhow I thought it was just an interesting tidbit.