Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

beaker

Reaction score
If it follows the pattern of other Disney releases, expect it sometime between April and June.
Doesn't it seem like older dvds used to get a lot of extras? It seems like starting in 2009, both family/kids and other releases began to get less and less extras as studios would hold off and rerelease a "special edition" that christmas or the following year with extras and double dip customers.

Though often times, behind the scenes and deleted/alternate scenes leak on youtube even before the home release.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i thought it might be out by march
movies usually (not always and not set in stone) are out 6 months after they leave the theater if muppets is out my december then april - june is the dvd release but alot of factors could change date...sometimes movies that bomb come out faster just to be done with, some times "good movies" come out fast to be a cash cow with a second version coming in a few months
and sometimes movies are held till Christmas...especially if its themed

muppetlover123

Reaction score
yea like i dont think the muppets dvd would be out for christmas but if it was it would be a hit for christmas and would be good but possibility is that it will be a cash cow and be out soon

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Loved the movie, thought it was amazing. Took a friend of mine to see it and she was super happy I took her, :wink::smile:. But no it was such a fun night, I'll actually probably see it again on sunday, honestly.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
yea like i dont think the muppets dvd would be out for christmas but if it was it would be a hit for christmas and would be good but possibility is that it will be a cash cow and be out soon
there's honestly no way to know...we will have to wait and see

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Do you guys mean the DVD being out for christmas of this year? Cause considering how much of a hit this movie is turning out to be, I'm going to say, no it's not going to be out that soon. Heck even if this movie did turn into a bomb I don't think it would be out that quickly.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Next year 2012 after its out of theaters..im hoping this one is still around in theaters till christmas
Hopefully it will be on DVD soon. I can't wait!!
The movie will be in theaters until about January 7th or so. That's the last day they're showing it at El Captain theater. And Disney owns that theater.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
El Captain theater. And Disney owns that theater.
yes but as you stated thats a disney owned theater so of course Disney owned movies will stay as long as possible...plus thats right in the hear of Hollywood blvd major tourist attraction...(i used to visit it all the time when i lived there)....normally movies have a run of 2 weeks...then if its popular theaters will keep it longer...it all depends on the theater itself and box office numbers

some theaters will dump it after 2 weeks cause thats the norm others wont...when you have a friend who is manager at a theater you learn these things