1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, May 20, 2005.

?

What did you think of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

Oz was great 57 vote(s) 23.2%
Oz was good 91 vote(s) 37.0%
Oz was disappointing 64 vote(s) 26.0%
Oz was awful 34 vote(s) 13.8%

1. Phillip Administrator

After you watch The Muppets' Wizard of Oz tonight on ABC, let us know your thoughts on the telefilm. This is the best place to discuss all aspects of the movie. Also be sure to vote in the above poll.
  2. ryhoyarbie Active Member

Well I'll put the first response on here. The only line I liked in the movie so far was when Pepe said "but more importantly, I'm naked okay." They caught me off guard.

ryan
  3. ryhoyarbie Active Member

Okay, funniest thing in the second part was Pepe burping after he ate the corn on the cob. That was another thing that caught me off gaurd.

The song Fozzie, Kermit, Ashanti, Gonzo, and Pepe sang was pretty good, especially when Pepe said towards the end "I'm just so sexy." It was just one of those things that only Pepe would say, yet it didn't need to be there, but it was put there for comedy.

Okay, I'm done!!! I'll watch the rest of the movie!

ryan
  4. ToasterBoy Member

"Those are my nipples."

Funniest line. Just about snarked my soda when i heard that last weekend!

Grant
    DoctorFloyd.com
  5. ryhoyarbie Active Member

Eh..So far this movie is so so........Still got an hour left.

ryan
  6. rtgentry Member

oz

Nothing beats a muppet movie where they play themselves. This one stinks so far
  7. NoelGypsy New Member

I am LOVING it so far!!! I did not like the scene where they met the Wizard of Oz too much, but otherwise LOVIN' IT!!!
  8. Gonzo14 Active Member

this is the first time Crazy Harry has had a speaking role in a long time
  9. rtgentry Member

I want Rowlf!!
  10. rtgentry Member

Great muppet show ending. The best part of the movie
  11. Gonzo14 Active Member

i'm glad the Electric mayhem were there, but they could have had some lines :D
  12. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I missed the first hour, but what I've seen so far has been hilarious. Especially Kermit's line where he askes the wizard: "By any chance, are you related to Frank Oz?"

Who said "those are my nipples"?
  13. Svedish_Chef New Member

I felt it was a cynical exercize to bring in a more black audience to the muppets.

It was good how they got Toto to be Pepe though.
  14. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

That was REALLY great! :D The part about Gonzo's nipples made ME laugh too!
  15. Lenny Bonfiglio New Member

16. ToasterBoy Member

Gonzo when Pepé asked about the knobs on his chest.

Grant
    DoctorFloyd.com
  17. Svedish_Chef New Member

That was Gonzo the 'TIN THING'
  18. HeraLirambar New Member

It wasn't just great, it was... what's the opposite of disappointing? I was afraid I was going to be bored with it, but I love-love-LOVED it!
    Pepe was better than I remembered him. "He's not my type." :)
    And Piggy as the witch of the west? Is it just me, or do eyepatches always add to sexiness?
  19. Struble New Member

I liked it. And I feared I'd hate it. Yay for being pleasently surprised!

Sh.
  20. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well i have watched the whole movie and im in love with the whole thing. Ashnta is kind of cute, and im not really into black Girls but i thought she was really cute. Know i dont want all the black people to get mad after that but im white and i grew up thinking black people where mean and now im learnig diffreent. Anyways back on Track, There where quite a few wonderfull things in this. EM jamming it out and Dr. Theeth little line was nice and i think whoever is doing him is getting better just need more of him. Fozzie voice was right on loved every minite of him. but i think the Frank Oz joke should have been done bu Fozzie inseted.

I loved QT appernece it was good and kermit was awsom there to.

"Awww you dont want to miss an aditon with the muppets the best puppet show out thre". Loved that line i cryed when i heard that. Gonzo and his nipples are cute and funny loevd that as well.
    I dont know about anyone else but when the bad guys where tearing pu kermit and Gonzo did anyone get a little teary-eyed.
    Oh Wow that was not Brian doing Scooter whoever it was it was good sounded a lot like Richared just a little younger.
    One last thing Peppe calling Sam "Big Bird" i thought that was funny
    In all i give it two very big tumbs up!!!!!!!