1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Star Wars Muppet Figures

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Drtooth, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Are the Star Wars Muppets still happening? The thread seems to have disappeared, and I'm wondering if we got "No way No how" as an answer.
  2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Im still wondering about that. I saw all the Star Wars Disney figures at Disneyland in August, and while I dont really collect Disneyana, they sure looked cool.
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm thinking that since these are reportedly intended to be in-park exclusives that Disney is taking its sweet time and staggering the release. Could be a month, could be year or could get shelved. I keep checking out action figure magazines - since they showed pictures of the Mickey & gang Star Wars figures last year. I'm certain once the near release they'll be featured in a little blurb. That's what I'm watching for. :search:
  4. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I found it strange too that the thread disappeared right when it is close for release(Spring-the next 3 months from March).Does Muppet Central know something about it being cancelled? They dont seem to have made an appearance at Toy Fair.
  5. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I was just at Disney-MG... I mean, HOLLYWOOD Studios last week. I couldn't find the Muppet figures anywhere, I'm starting to get curious, too.
  6. muppetperson

I am hoping to find out some news sometime next week.Stay tuned!
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It'd be a great idea to actually do these and get them out there. Star Wars satires have become rediculously popular lately. A Spaceballs cartoon (which hopefully was only delayed by the strike), Robot Chicken, Family Guy, and Funimation Dubbing the Crayon Shin-Chan parody for Adult Swim.... It would be great to have an official Dirth Nader figure.
  8. muppetperson

Unfortuately, my source of information didnt come through and is taking a little longer.I will post when I have it.
  9. muppetperson

Fingers crossed, I should find something out within 24 hours.
  10. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Caper, you officially rock! :super:

On the figures- well, it appears to me that they took a look at the Muppet Show Star Wars episode, the Palisades figures and then mixed in a lot of cartoony stylization and artistic license. I can't report being completely thrilled, however I do plan to purchase them.

For PVCs they are pretty good, but could be better. My favorite is Dirth Nader, hands down! I'm a Gonzo fan and this is the most dynamic of the line up. Next, I'd have to say Kermit. I like the expression that they've given him. It's rather unique and not the usual blankly smiling PacMan-looking PVC Kermit. Beaker is fun. I can't help but think they could have done better, but he's pretty. Rizzo Yoda isn't as good as I would have liked, but he's okay. The same with Fozzie. Piggy fell victim to the usual mistakes they have with her - yellow hair, bunny ears, and eye issues - but at least they didn't put her on a diet. I wanted much more from this figure, but I can't pretend to be surprised. :eek:
  12. muppetperson

13. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

SWEET! :) Im sooo buying these when i go to Disney World in july! :wisdom: If..................... there out by then! :smirk:
  14. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Haha, the Dirth Nader figure is fantastic. I'll buy this set just for that one. Unless they're being sold separately, in which case... I'll still buy all of them. :p
  15. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

I can't see the pictures!

Oh how terrible, I can't see the pics. I click on both links and it says that it cannot find the server. Help, I need to see these pics.:o
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh...my...gosh...

Gonzo, Piggy and Kermit look totally fantiastic...!
  17. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

Wow, can't wait to see what happens with 'em :)

I'm goin to MGM next month- I'll check for them.
  18. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Not a fan of Piggy's blonde hair or her crazy lined eyes, and the Rizzo/Yoda leaves a lot to be desired, but the other figures are pretty cool. I like Beaker/3-PO a lot. :)
  19. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

the links are not working for me either...drats!
  20. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Wow, the figurines look FABULOUS! I really like Piggy, she looks good here! Gonzo is fantastic. Beaker is surprsingly accurate looking as C3PO.