Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I'm still buying the set

Votes: 100 87.7%

• Total voters

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ashmanarion said:
Mine is not fuzzy.
OK, now this is really weird, because I got the fuzzy cover. So did the production lines mess up, or did Disney release two covers (fuzzy and non-fuzzy) and several stores cheaped out? :confused:

Ashmanarion

Reaction score
I thought I had read someone say it was fuzzy, but I somewhat ignored it. Not having the fuzzy cover isn't a huge deal for me though.

Ernie101

Reaction score
I bought mine at WalMart, it doesn't have the fuzzy cover. However, it looks like it is going to be fuzzy, but when you open the wrapping it's just board.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I got mine at Best Buy, and it also only looks fuzzy. If there truly is a fuzzy version floating around out there, I guess it's okay with me that I didn't get it. This will fit on my shelf better, and I have plenty of plush Kermits already. Ending up with Muppet Wizard of Oz for just a dollar more than makes up for it!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Mine was from Futureshop, and it's fuzzy. Not extremely fuzzy, but it is.

So far, I've watched:

Ruth Buzzi
Jim Nabors
Paul Williams
and Vincent Price (with Muppet Morsels on, since I just watched a taped copy of this the other day)
Also, the Gag Reel
and the Pitch Reel

Great sound, really great picture, very cool menus. I've only seen a few season 1 eps: Vincent Price, Ben Vereen, and the one with the circus performer. Forget which guest star that is. So everything else is new to me and so far is really awesome.

Bout the pitch reel: I can overlook that last line not being there, as I know it's full contents and have an avid enough imagination to know what it would be like. :smile: And I'd never seen it before, so I laughed my butt off! Much funnier than I was expecting. Loved how he whips off his glasses when he gets really into it.

Gag reel: Dissapointed of the length of it. I'd already seen half of it on the website, so that ruined it for me. Next time, more would be nice. But nonetheless a neat addition.

Ruth Buzzi: I LOVE SWEETUMS. Just thought I'd clear that up first. The number with her and Sweetums was hilarious and just completely awesome. Loved it loved it LOVED it.

Jim Nabors: Never seen anything of his before, so I thought it was fun. Was shocked at The Wall segment when he sang classically, that was great. And the Thank God I'm a Country Boy number was excellent. LOVE the jugband!

Paul Williams: Gorgeous Musical numbers, all of them. Rowlf's playing piano just seems so REAL, that he is actually playing. Totally wraps me in.

Vincent Price avec les Muppet Morsels: Learned some cool info. I liked how they showed Stars for info of the Guest Star, ??? for general facts, and Kermit faces for Muppety facts. Noticed that in the intro they showed Vincent in the costume and set used in the cut sketch, but that's cool too. Didn't really miss the cut song too much, as I have a full copy I can watch. But overall I found it didn't detract. Which made me happy. :smile: The episode is still really good without that last number.

Oh, and one more thing: Season one intros?? Holy moly! That was a treat for me, as I've never seen them before today!!! They're really slow and clunky, eh? :wink: The s2 intro-on really fit sooo much better. But it's really really special and I'm glad they're there.

My rating so far: 4.9 starts out of 5!!!! Reluctant to give a full 5 here, but every moment so far was completely enjoyable.

Oh, and the punny sketches with the talking houses? I TOTALLY had deja-vu when I saw those. Were those ever on SS, or just TMS? Those were awesome. ><

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I have just finished watching the first two discs (and the bonuses on the fourth one) and I'm very VERY pleased! Some of these episodes I haven't seen in a very long time and others it feels like I'm going back to see an old friend.

I didn't realize until today that some skits had been cut...I'm especially sad about the "Take All of Me"...I know I have that on another tape somewhere but I wish it were on the DVD with the rest of them...but I understand about music rights issues.

I was also tickled to find that the MWoZ is going to only end up being about a $1.00!!!

All in all, I'm super pleased. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
What, a dollar? You lucky americans. With the 5 dollar rebate, if the rebate is canadian dollars, my MWOO will have cost 14 dollars. **pouts**

Ernie101

Reaction score
I haven't watched any of mine yet. I'm watching SAW...

I like dragging things out.. I'm going to take my time and watch the episodes slowly. Then I still have MWOO to watch.

Fun Fact: I have never seen a TMS episode. So, this is ALL new to me. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Know what I JUSt realised? Both Jim Nabors and Pual Williams episodes were missing sccenes. I didn't notice at all, and I loved them. I only know because I was reading MC's first season episode guide just now. Cool.