1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Upcoming Elmo Tickle Hands

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by muppetfan1999, Aug 5, 2009.

1. muppetfan1999

muppetfan1999 New Member

This is the website for an upcoming Elmo toy called Elmo's Tickle Hands.

http://Ticklehands.com

How do you think this new toy looks based on the website?
    Would you make any changes?
    Do you think it will be horrible?
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Do we really need more Elmo stuff?
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yes. And here's why...

They made a crap load of money off of the Elmo toys (up until recently, and that was because of the Recession) and it goes back into the show's production. If they have a huge hit toy line, then they won't have to lay off 20% of their workforce, they'll have more investments going into the show, and they won't have to make cheaper, longer segments in CGI...

Now, while Elmo Live SHOULD have been a hit, it was severly affected by the Recession, and they went unsold, and SW actually had to do all of those things I talked about. Cheaper, smaller gloves (while a stupid idea, frankly) seem to be cost effective enough on the part of the toy company (Matel has a history of over charging for tiny little things... go to Target and look at the 8 dollar Toy Story figurines), as well as consumers who are clearly gonna spend nothing on Christmas this year.

Personally, I wanna see GREAT 40th anniversary collectibles, but I doubt we're gonna see anything at all. Outside a couple books and a DVD that is... I sooo wanted a second series of SS Pez dispensers.
  4. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Well, this toy could be interpreted as something dirty, like the Potty Time with Elmo book. :p
  5. muppetfan1999

muppetfan1999 New Member

Well, the gloves vibrate when you touch a surface.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Sighhhhhhh... I could only imagine what could have been had Elmo live been released ONE YEAR Earlier and was a success... we wouldn't have to stoop to using excess Elmo fur and cheap extra tickle mechanisms for a toy. I just wanna see another series of Collect-a-pals.