Your Thoughts: vBulletin 3.5

Beauregard

Reaction score
Certainly for me the popups, and link are there.

Also, this is a cool feature: "Try refreashing the page in 17 seconds." Hehehe!!!! (When I tired to search too many times in a minute)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, spiffy. :embarrassed: I am going to love the avatar bit. :smile: Can't wait to test out all of the features!

Edit: I don't see how the editing thing is different. **thinks** I'll clear my cache and whatnot and see if anything changes.

Edit again: OOOH, now it does it. I LOVE this feature! Now, must test out avatar stuff...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
The New Posts function is being weird. First it says that I have 400-some odd pages of posts I haven't read (which I'd like to get rid of somehow but don't know how). Also, I just posted in the "Henson +/-" game thread, and when I go to New Posts, it's not there! So are the threads I'm posting in dissapearing? I want to see not just the threads I haven't viewed, but the threads that are being posted in.
Maybe I just don't understand.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
The New Posts function is being weird. First it says that I have 400-some odd pages of posts I haven't read (which I'd like to get rid of somehow but don't know how).
Go to the forum home and mark everything read. You should just have to do this once.

MrsPepper said:
Also, I just posted in the "Henson +/-" game thread, and when I go to New Posts, it's not there! So are the threads I'm posting in dissapearing? I want to see not just the threads I haven't viewed, but the threads that are being posted in. Maybe I just don't understand.
My hunch is that you either used quick reply and saw your post immediately or were taken to the thread you posted in after your message appeared. Either way, that thread was "read" by you (at least until someone posts after you) therefore it's not showing up in new posts (for you) since you have already seen it.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ah, thahnk you. I marked everything as read. And now I understand. But, the threads that I have posted in, once someone else posts in them as well, they will show up under the "New posts" search?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
But, the threads that I have posted in, once someone else posts in them as well, they will show up under the "New posts" search?
They should yes. I'll be tweaking some things over the next few days as needed though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Go to the forum home and mark everything read. You should just have to do this once.
T'anks, Phillip! That helped me out too!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Ah. . . . never mind.

:embarrassed:

Found it under the Quick Links.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As far as clearing out the cookies... Don't rully know bout that.
Should I unlist MC from my favorites, open MC in a new window and mark it again?

As far as the PM link goes...
When I do the JAWS command to get a list of links, I get User CP, FAQ, New Posts, etc. at the top of the list.
But then I get them again a second time with the PM link before that second group.
And then I get to the numbered posts in the thread.

With the previous version of V Bulletin, I had the Private Message link directly below User CP in my links list and I didn't get a second set of those links at the top.
Don't know if this something that can be fixed from your end Phil. Just reporting.