Your Thoughts: When Families Grieve Sesame Special

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This Wednesday night, PBS will be airing a very special Sesame Street program “When Families Grieve” to help children and families who have recently lost a loved one. The prime time special premieres at 8 pm eastern, 7 pm central on PBS.

You can find out all about the special here…
http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2010/040810.shtml

After your watch the show, please share your thoughts.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I watched it all the way through, it def had its tear jerking moments and overall i give it a thumbs up for what they did

However i feel IMO that the parts with Elmo and his family did not fit at all, i felt them almost mocking to at least 3 of the families in this special. they were well put together but the transition between the real world families and Elmo's family didn't work for me.

i feel they almost should've been their own separate part of the special

the parts with Katie Couric and Elmo & Jessie i liked they seemed proper

over all thumbs up for the Special i enjoyed it in a way and i admire what they did, and my heart goes out to those families

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I thought the special was pretty good. I liked how they had some parts with Elmo's family interviewed just like the real-life families. They should have done that in the previous two specials.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i like the elmo segment alot better separated i think it works much much better this way

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
Talking About Grief

Hi there.

What a good special that was! I liked the way most of it was done, except for the way that Katie Couric's demeanor and decor during the Elmo/Jessie interviews seemed like a psychologist. (Yecch!) I hope this special helps people who are going through grief at any stage of their life. I really felt bad for the children and their parents in the special. At some parts it was hard to watch, because it was so very sad. If I were to give this a rating I think I'd give it a 9.

Your dear friend,
Kitt.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm going to watch this and comment on it latter.