1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Wishlist for the Coming Year

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Dec 3, 2002.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Just wondering what all your guy's wishes for 2003 are?

Mine would be:

* MUPPETFEST 2003. It's possible it might end up back in Southern California if it happens at all, due to the facilities there and whatever may come with the Buyout..but California, Cairo, or a fraggle hole in a desert house, I wish for nothing more than for all of us to make it.

* A succesful for th ebetter overall buyout. Whether if its the rat gloves or someone else. Btw...what about SONY? Heck, virtually everything Muppet related be it Muppets, Sesame, etc is released from Sony/Columbia!

*Success in the new Muppet Show coming to Fox, as well as some truly inspired writing...a show that will make us look in happy disbelief instead of a million threads of 'Why'd they even bother?' from folks.

*A new MUPPET MAGAZINE. I think next year is the perfect time to produce a at least bi or tri monthly slick glossy color Muppet Magazine ala Star Wars Insider, Farscape, or Cinescape.
    I for one would be more than willing to be a part of that, as Ive longed for a new Muppet magzine since the late 80's.

* Serious work to begin, maybe even preproduction on an epic Muppet film that wont disappoint even the most staunch critics or naysayers.

* A at least limited if not acknowleged Fraggle Rock 20th Anneversery. There was zippo in the Dark Crystal area this year, and Im hoping 2003 dosnt pass without some form of celebration.

And overall I think I just wish for the Muppets to be back to where they left off over a decade ago. Leaving this perception in people's minds that they are just old nostalgia or kiddy fodder crumbled and forging new grounds. I also wish quite bad for Jerry Nelson to be back in top form, and to see some new talent rise in the ranks.

Finally...I just want magical times to begin...
    the dream is well alive I believe.
  2. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

Agree with everything;) Let me add:
    - FRAGGLE ROCK DVD's!! If not a series, at least a 2 DVD edition or box set

- DINOSAURS on DVD (With Disney, though, I know it's a long shot... )

- IVMMCM on DVD in time for Christmas

- Premier one or two of the Henson UK TV series in the US

- Hope IVMMCM wasn't a sign of the muppets going the way of the POWER RANGERS or NINJA TURTLES
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh I think we'll be seeing at least a couple FR dvds in 2003.
    I'd hate to think the only FR dvds I could get would be dubbed French versions. No offense, but it takes about 50% or more away to dub in the Fraggle's voices.

I doubt Dinosaurs will ever have any sort of comeback, but there's always fan trades!

I hold out hope for IAVMMCM on dvd...whether it would be anything more than just the movie I doubt it. If NBC and JHC cut some scenes for the tv audience I doubt theyd wanna show em for the home audience.

While it would be nice to see say Mopatops or Hoobs premiere stateside, they are treated like Sesame International in that they want only those people that it is geographically tailored for to see it. I know, lame. The only snafu to this is Bear, a US production which now has a big following in UK, along with Sesame which is HUGE in Japan(if only classic Muppets/TMS was big there...imagine the imports they would come out with!)

Finally, I totally agree with the Power Rangers comments...but what did ya mean by Ninja Turtles? Unless you meant that early 90's sell out phase, because that first Ninja Turtles film and original comic series has to be some of the coolest action entertainment in ages.
  4. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

FOX aired A NINJA TURTLES kiddy live action series; like POWER RANGERS, but more lame (If you can believe that)!
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh gosh, the Saban thing! hehe...yeah...oh boy I remember.
    Remember the straight to home video fourth ninja turtles film 'TMNT the next mutation'? *shivers*
  6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I don't know, I already ordered "Muppets From Space" from Amazon, because I wanted to test how my credit card was working. I also received volume 5 from Time Life yesterday. So I'm pretty content for now.

You never know. I think they did a good job with "Muppets Tonight!" Hopefully this one will be just as good or better.
  7. Sweetums

Sweetums New Member

Re: Reply

I just hope they don't make it a filth-fest.
  8. Thijs

Thijs Member

I wish for a new Muppet Show hosted by Kermit, with all the old guys back in the spots, along with the MT guys and some new ones.
    comebacks to make: Scooter, Doglion, Sweetums and Cynthia (why not)
  9. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

Funny you should mention Fraggle Rock 20th anniversairy....I'm currently writing a "Back to the Rock" fanfic regarding what happens to everybody 20 years later.....(Subtitled:"Never Forget the Magic.")
    But I WANT:
    A CD for MTM & GMC (I WANT MORE OF THOSE SONGS!!!)
    Jim Henson Hour DV set
    For the new Muppet show:I'm all for guest CAMEOS instead of guest STARS....I remember from MT how tired of some of the guest stars we could get...Also, back to Theater! The activity wouldn't have to take place strictly THERE, though....You could have a couple of Muppets goin' out into "real life"...I thought of an airport scenario where Piggy/Fozzie/Gonzo/just about anybody are stopped for a random security check....The humor in that is obvious....Or even just views into thier life outside the show...Also, I like the human AND Muppet world, where you can see both interacting on the street like it's no big deal.....And, course, the return of some characters. (And the DISAPPEARANCE of others.)
    I WANNA GO TO MUPPETFEST!!!! Since I couldn't make it last year, let there PLEASE be one for 2003!!!
    I like the Muppet magazine idea.....
    A special OTHER than Christmas...Thanksgiving? Summer? Just a plain special?
    DEFINITELY not for 2003, but it's a wish/dream, just the same....A JHC them park. Not just Muppets, but also all the Creature Shop things....Can you imagine a Dark Crystal ride? Breakfasting w/the Dinosaurs?
    But my BIGGEST wish: That the Muppets & the Creature Shop will go on FOREVER......
  10. The Flying Sheep

The Flying Sheep New Member

JHH and SToryteller on DVD!
  11. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Dear Santa,

Here's what I want:

--The Muppets to be in a good, new series on Fox, possibly set in the old theater with a mix of classic and new characters, that's smart and funny, that has genuine big-name guest stars instead of the people who make the long-distance commercial rounds. I want critics to treat the show well. I'd like it to air in the dream slot in between Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle on Sundays, and for Fox to give time for people to notice it.

--The Muppets to be bought by ANYBODY at this point so we can all be put out of our misery and anxiousness about it, and so they can move forward with more projects. I don't want "Muppet Classic Theater 2" or an animated "Preschool Muppets," but hey, hopefully Disney (or whomever) will be smarter than that. Let's just get this deal settled already.

--Since so many of the potential buyers are related to Disney or not in direct competition with them, let's see an expanded Muppet presence in the Disney theme parks.

--Some continuation of Farscape, whether on a new network or a wrap-up TV movie or an animated series.

--A new fantasy movie from the Creature Shop. Not something they do for another company as effects work, but an in-house production, like Dark Crystal or Labyrinth. This time they'd hit just the right mix to bring the critics on their side and the audience to their door.

--MuppetFest 2003, but if they don't have the time because they're too busy turning out great new product, I can wait a little longer on it.

--Jerry Nelson to get better.

--Kevin Clash to finally find his niche in the TMS universe.

--A new book on The Muppets. As much as I love The Works, I think I've sucked every piece of information out of that thing.

--Muppet Magazine would be icing on the cake, but not crucial...unless I get to contribute, of course. ;)

Well, that's a pretty tall order, Santa, especially when all you get in return is milk and cookies. But see what you can do for me, okay? If you can do all this, I won't even ask for a new Muppet movie till 2004. Of course, you could handle all these things in one fell swoop by just giving me the keys to the Henson Company....

Thanks,
    Chilly Down
  12. pezbalubah

pezbalubah Member

I pretty much agree with everybody... If Disney bought them, the theme park angle would be one of the only positive things to come out of it probably. Disney may make garbage movies now, exploit and overmerchandise their characters, and use slave shop women and children to make their merchandise, but they know how to do theme parks.

We can't stress the need for another Muppetfest enough, but maybe we can wait once they're sold. I say right after the new show premiers so that in case it's not doing so well in the ratings, Fox can see just how big a following the Muppets have.
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

1 Success of the new Fox Muppet Show. I hope it comes out this spring as we have figured.

2 Success of the figures, the busts and more products. No magazine is possible without a big success of other products.

3 Pre production on a good Muppet film.

4 I hope Jerry Nelson comes back from his brief absence.

5 A buy out from an appropriate suitor who the Henson performers will be happy with.

6 Some Fraggle DVDs would be nice. Something by season. None of this Best Of garbage.

7 MUPPETFEST 2003. I don't have much time these days so it's lower on my list.
  14. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Oh! I forgot to add--either a DVD of the Live Show from last year's MuppetFest, with some of the highlights from the Q & A, or if the tape quality isn't good enough, then at least a Highlights from MuppetFest DVD that includes some clips from the live show.

C'mon, Henson and Creation. We WANT to give you money!
  15. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Jerry Nelson?? What's the deal here? Why "get better?" Better than what, I've missed something and now I'm distressed? Is he sick? SUP??!!

:confused:
  16. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Oh, wish list:

*ahem*

Jerry Nelson to get better also (though, I'm not sure what I'm talking about here).

MuppetFest 2003, New Series (Juhl PLEASE get back involved), The continuation of the Palisades figures, new movies (Oz and Juhl, PLEASE get back involved), and my employment as a permanent Henson muppeteer!!

And peace, love, joy, and happiness and great health for all my MC Family!
    FOZ
  17. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Re: Jerry "better":

You saw the Christmas movie, right? Either that wasn't him playing any of the roles (except for the announcer and possibly Statler), or something has happened to his voice. We're assuming for the time being that his abscence is illness-related, unless we hear otherwise. Hence, we hope he gets "better."

And thank you for reminding me. Being an employee of JHC just shot straight to the top of my list. :)
  18. pezbalubah

pezbalubah Member

I thought it was just Lew he didn't do, that's what Tough Pigs has on the cast list. I think his voice just sounded a little different at first, actually Robin looked a little different too, so that could have added to his awkwardness on the first viewing. However after watching it several times, it seems like the normal Robin. Matt (mattleo) even noticed Jerry's voice when Fozzie runs through the showers.
  19. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

I didn't read the whole Tough Pigs thread, but it sounded like they were largely just guessing, rather than having any word from the Company itself. If that is Jerry, then he must have had a bad case of laryngitis or something.

"Jerry's voice when Fozzie runs through the showers"? Refresh my memory about that part. Obviously Jerry wouldn't voice Fozzie, so I'm missing what you're saying.
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think some people are going a bit far with their assumptions. Jerry sounded weird due to bad dubbing. It appears like it was rushed and done all in a very short period of time. Might not have even been in a studio with todays's technology.

Robin sounded weird because they dubbed over another person's voice. (I felt the same way when Oz would do that in other projects.) That effects other background sounds and subliminally gives a weird effect to the performance.