You're the Director Footage FOUND!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The rare Muppet Viewmaster Interactive VCR game has been posted (losing) on youtube...

The firsdt part is Gere and he posted 3 other parts, if you check "related videos"

Really... what a classic gem.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I love the "We're Gonna Go Broke" song!

Drtooth

Reaction score
That material was TOO good to be just as part of an obsxure, and possibly low selling system.

(Don;t forget to check out the other videos by that member... he has the Sesame Street ones too!)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if it would be feasible to release these on DVD, with the same play-along effect.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
WOW! What a great find!:smile:
That was pretty neat- especially watching Scooter, Rowlf, Dr. Julius Strangepork and Link Hogthrob rapping!
And yes- the "We're Going Broke" song was great too.:big_grin:
I'll have to check out the Sesame Street ones on there now.:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if it would be feasible to release these on DVD, with the same play-along effect.
No... DVD Rom, maybe... some sort of thing like that... but not on an actual DVD. Some of the stuff would work (the dual audio channel thing- no matter what you press, they say different things with the same amount of syllables so it fits no matter what), but the sequences with the anchovy/pepperoni removal and the thing about catching the notes would only work as an actual game you'd have to play on the computer.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't want to draw attention to this, since it would have prompted people asking to trade, and I don't do trades, and the only way I would know of to put it on youtube would be to point a camera at the TV screen while playing it, but last january I actually found a copy of Let's Learn to Play Together. It was a bit weird watching it without the system, so I'm glad that the person who uploaded it used the system, so I could view it a bit differently (without the system, the first choice is always chosen, and the on-screen graphics that appear during games don't appear, making it very confusing). The back of the box mentions other releases, with images and descriptions, and there is one Sesame Street release that wasn't uploaded, Let's Play School.

Still, I don't think Let's Learn to Play Together was very good, despite the presence of Forgetful Jones and Don Music, or the fact that hardly any of the clips were released elsewhere on video or DVD (including a few that I hadn't heard of, such as That's What Counts with the Count - which does have a page at Muppet Wiki - and Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles with Snuffy - which doesn't have a wiki page). Due to the interactive nature of the program, the results of helping Don Music write asong aren't as funny as the results of Kermit helping him write a song.