1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Youtube Requirements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kuriboh Man, May 12, 2009.

1. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

I'm Thinking about getting my own Account for Youtube. but I just have one question, what do I need to do to make an account?
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Email, Zip Code, age...
  3. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

Right- I have an account, and I don't even have any videos up! For the moment, I just use it to show other people's videos in my "favorites" folder. I'm hoping to post some of my own stuff at some point, but for now it's a nice way to show some of the YouTube videos I like. I can direct them to my favorites folder rather than having them search for the videos on their own.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=sesameguy2000
  4. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

But anyway, once you get the account, I think the only real things you would need hardware-wise would be:

1. A camcorder, DVD player or VCR to gather the clips.

2. The ability to transfer video files into the YouTube format, which I think can be done with most video software programs these days. (Plus all the proper video cords if you'll be using something other than your camcorder).

3. A fast connection and enough free hard-drive space to store at least one of the video files. The computer I usually work on is very, very, very slow, making it next to impossible to upload or download big files. But I would think a good high-speed connection would fix that.

Good luck & if you YouTube experts can think of something else, please let us know!
  5. Kuriboh Man

About that E-Mail Thing. is there any confirmation links or anything? sorry, I'm just so Confused.
  6. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Without meaning to sound harsh, How come you're so uneasy about getting a YT account?

You obviously joined this group without any trouble.
  7. Kuriboh Man

I'm to be honest I'm quite Nervous, I mean most video sites I go on to required this E-mail Confirmation Links, especially the E-Mail Service. Can you guys help me shed some light on that?
  8. Oscarfan

Email conformations are simply clicking a link they give you in the email. It's really nothing to get worked up about.
  9. Kuriboh Man

Sorry, it's just that I never had a Youtube account! Just one more thing, how do you upload a video for Youtube?
  10. Oscarfan

Well, first you'll need a compatible video file, then click Upload, browse for it then just play the Waiting Game.
  11. Kuriboh Man

Thanks, Now I feel more comfortable. :) :super:
  12. Kuriboh Man

I Finally got my own Youtube Account. my username for it is Wynaut32.
  13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You should've went ahead and gotten your account when you thought about it; because now, YouTube, by rule, is forcing all new accounts to use their crappy new Beta Channel designs.
  14. Kuriboh Man

What do you mean?
  15. D'Snowth

YouTube will be forcing all of its users to use a new design for their channels (profiles) pretty soon, but 98% of the community doesn't like them, and YouTube doesn't care if we don't. The new designs are simplistic, cluttered, unorganizied, confusing, slow, and they can't be customized to the same extent the old designs can be.

Since they're serious about the switch, at this time, all new members are automatically forced to use the new design.

For a visual aid, compare your profile to an older one (mine for instance if you like) and see the difference in the designs, and you be the judge.
  16. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

So THIS would have been the whole reason for the strike all Youtube members went on?
  17. D'Snowth

Well think about it; YouTube is suppose to cater to its user (hence the name YouTube), but they've pretty much become "ThemTube" - if you don't like their new updates, then tough cookies apparently.

But the forced channel switch is going way to far, they need to quit censoring the voices of the community; they say they listen to our feedback, but they obviously don't, otherwise they would at least make this switch a CHOICE, rather than force it upon us - that way those who like the original design can keep them, and those who actually do like the new designs can switch if they like.
  18. Kuriboh Man

Well either way, I'm just glad that I got my own account.
  19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

well I don't have a problem as I actually like the new design!
  20. Kuriboh Man

I got plenty of Videos for you Guys to watch.