Youtube Requirements

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I'm Thinking about getting my own Account for Youtube. but I just have one question, what do I need to do to make an account?

sesameguy

Reaction score
Right- I have an account, and I don't even have any videos up! For the moment, I just use it to show other people's videos in my "favorites" folder. I'm hoping to post some of my own stuff at some point, but for now it's a nice way to show some of the YouTube videos I like. I can direct them to my favorites folder rather than having them search for the videos on their own.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=sesameguy2000

sesameguy

Reaction score
But anyway, once you get the account, I think the only real things you would need hardware-wise would be:

1. A camcorder, DVD player or VCR to gather the clips.

2. The ability to transfer video files into the YouTube format, which I think can be done with most video software programs these days. (Plus all the proper video cords if you'll be using something other than your camcorder).

3. A fast connection and enough free hard-drive space to store at least one of the video files. The computer I usually work on is very, very, very slow, making it next to impossible to upload or download big files. But I would think a good high-speed connection would fix that.

Good luck & if you YouTube experts can think of something else, please let us know!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
About that E-Mail Thing. is there any confirmation links or anything? sorry, I'm just so Confused.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Without meaning to sound harsh, How come you're so uneasy about getting a YT account?

You obviously joined this group without any trouble.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I'm to be honest I'm quite Nervous, I mean most video sites I go on to required this E-mail Confirmation Links, especially the E-Mail Service. Can you guys help me shed some light on that?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Email conformations are simply clicking a link they give you in the email. It's really nothing to get worked up about.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Sorry, it's just that I never had a Youtube account! Just one more thing, how do you upload a video for Youtube?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, first you'll need a compatible video file, then click Upload, browse for it then just play the Waiting Game.