Youtuber taking others puppet work and claiming as own

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
But could we perhaps considerdoing something where if he rips off someone, they cold let us know and we could all go post on his board that it's not his it's (insert real creator here). .
may have to do that...i thought about doing it think i did on one of his vids already, but my good nature tells me that im being mean...sometimes im too much of a nice guy

I will be in hot water with Russ. It's quite a dilemma really. But I got to make sure to never be like this guy.
i think your ok, Russ helped me with my Raptor on the last freddy before he got his change...he seems like a very down to earth guy i send him hello's now and then and he always responds

its funny cause in this video he claims to have made the frog puppet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZB_zcACAkE

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
i think your ok, Russ helped me with my Raptor on the last freddy before he got his change...he seems like a very down to earth guy i send him hello's now and then and he always responds
Yeah, Russ is a good guy. When I first unveiled D'Snowth's first Brainstorm Studios logo, he commented on his characters' presence so I decided to message him and ask him if he wanted a design credit for having built and designed the characters used in the logo and he politely declined. I always give his name to people when they ask me about puppets, so it's not like I don't give him any credit.

It's sort of funny on the subject of "stealing people's puppets," I'm trying to come up with my own design for puppet #3 from him eventually and I always find it too hard to drool over the puppets on his Flickr account and wanting them. :zany::fishy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This reminds me of the two puppets I have built by Russ Walko (including Milo who you can see on your left!). The two characters were designed and built and sold by Russ on eBay long before I approached him about building similar puppets. I'm pretty sure he hasn't copyrighted them but I feel that if I bring them to television the way I hope to, I will be in hot water with Russ. It's quite a dilemma really. But I got to make sure to never be like this guy.
hat's why I design all my own puppets... I'm just not so good at actually building them... :embarrassed: I HAVE been given some names for references as far as building is concerned, which is good, considering I have some characters designed that would require mechies, and I woudn't even begin to know how to tackle that, :laugh:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
may have to do that...i thought about doing it think i did on one of his vids already, but my good nature tells me that im being mean...sometimes im too much of a nice guy
We wouldn't have to be mean about it. However you feel like saying it. It was more of an idea of quantity. If enough people just put even a short note like "This is frogpuppeteer's not yours" it might do the trick.

Keeermit

Reaction score
haha too funny - I made the Frog and the other puppet in that video.....

Keeermit

Reaction score
ok - i just asked him to take everything down that doesn't belong to him - I trust that he will do the right thing :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, going through the thread again, and re-reading all of the details that's been shared and everything... basically, what this guy is doing is claiming puppets that others like Jarrod and whoever built are his own creations and such, he's not actually like copying videos and re-posting them, or blatantly stealing other characters or things like that...

I don't think this thread really applies to me so much, but still, what he's doing just ain't kewl at all. Mm-mm.

I think my only worry at this point is... oh, gee whiz... another guy named Joseph with a last name that begins with S is apparently trying to establish himself as a renowned puppeteer... that could be a problem, I guess... I used to have trouble distinguishing Amy Poehler and Amy Sedaris (both blonde comediennes with the same first name), and I know a lot of people out there get Kathy Greenwood and Kathy Griffin mixed up all the time... even Caroll Spinney said he believes the reason Labyrinth bombed at first was because that other "dark fantasy" movie Legend came out at the same time, and it too tanked, so he feels people were getting the two movies mixed up.